PDA

View Full Version : Any snow at Vavenby

tooty
10-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Is there snow on the hills from Vavenby to Upper Adams,Tumtum lake?Also is that a good way to come in or should we just come up west adams lake road?Our friends live down at the bottom of the lake, so we might just drive up with them anyways.

.308win
10-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Had a fresh dump of it today, not much where we were working maybe an inch or so, that was at about 1300m. Its moving down though!!

Perry

tooty
10-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Do you know how good the road in to upper adams is for a truck camper,car trailer with Quads?

tooty
10-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Also we have a doe draw,cow moose draw and my buddies son has a bull draw.It would be awsome if his son got a bull because it's his first chance at a moose.I have known the boy since before conception and he is one pumped puppy.It's all about the kids now,I can't wait.

T300WSM
10-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Yes I heard form some ppl that were up that way on the w/e there was about 6-8 in on the summit and rainning hard now on the valley bottom at about 4 deg, so iam sure there will be a big dump up there tonight. That side of the valley is a big snow belt starting at about Jones crk. The road out of Vavenby climbes very steep to about 17k and the snow gets deep very fast. You don't want to have a truck and camper and trailer and spin out. As for hunting over there I have not been for 2 years but has always been good area with not as much pressure as some of the other mu's around cw.

dana
10-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Was up the Finn Tum today. Snowed all day, even in the valley bottom. Lots of snow up on the Finn, so I suspect Rd 2 will be the same. The Tum Tum Main itself is in pretty good shape. No problem taking a truck and camper up it. I would imagine the mine up Oliver will be keeping Rd 2 open this year for access, at least they did last winter. If not, Rd 2 can be a gamble as not only does the snow pile up, but the snow drifts over the top can make it a pretty sketchy road to cross even with chains in Nov. Have gone over many a time with snow pushing over the hood. Normally head down the lake on the way out if that is the case. But, if the mine keeps er plowed, you shouldn't have a problem as long as you have a 4x4 to tow your trailer.

tooty
10-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the heads up,Also should we have a white tail tag and a muley?Saw some whites up at rock creek fsr toward tsikwustum lake at 3 to 4 km 2 years ago.

tooty
10-20-2008, 07:26 PM
I think we just might start at the bottom of Adams lake,west side and see how far we can make it up the upper adams.The snow should push the moose down into the winter range pretty soon I would think.Maybe try to camp on the east side,south dungeon or the harbour tum tum.Might be good for mulies on the slope moving out of the high country.Nov1 is when we are there.Black and silver 1995 f 250 supercab diesel 4x4 10 ft slumber queen camper.Look for us I'll buy you a beer.

dana
10-20-2008, 09:31 PM
The bulls winter high in that country. Don't expect them to be low. They will be balls deep in snow and some don't head low until Dec or Jan. With the rut over, they will be tough to find. I'd spend time up on top of Rock or Harbour if I were you.

tooty
10-21-2008, 02:35 PM
I'll send the boys up high for the bull.What about cows now that the rut is done?