PDA

View Full Version : Monashee Grizz

brianscott
10-19-2008, 10:48 PM
So my dad and I went for a drive up into the Monashees today,looking for a mulie.

It was bright last night and cold as well, so when we get up there action was non-existent and the snow was crunchy as hell.

It was a zoo up there today, so many people, but the worst of it was that most of the people I ran into up there were downright ignorant.

I walked the roads and ridges and the people i encountered on the road wouldnt even slow down a bit as they were driving by,I gave them the courtesy wave and they didnt even acknowledge the fact that I was there.

Now i thought that there was an unspoken rule that you at least give a wave to a fellow hunter as you meet . But apparently not

Now for the part with the Grizz

Going down a road, look to my right and there staring back at me from 30 feet in the bush was a roughly 600LB Boar with a beauty coat and a forehead the size of a fryingpan.

Luckily for me I had a truck door between me and him, sorry I dont have any pics of him but he wandered into the bush before i could pull out the camera

I figure he was headed for a camp that was less than 1 km from where we saw him, prob old food somewhere around there or they didnt clean up as well as they thought.
Good thing for them they were out hunting, or they possibly could of had an uninvited guest