PDA

View Full Version : Duck Migration is on.

Crazy_Farmer
10-18-2008, 07:32 PM
We decided to do a little duck/goose hunt before we headed up country for the weekend on thursday morning. The ducks were insane for the first hour after shooting time tons of different flocks decoying in, it seems like the migration of ducks is in full swing now. After finishing shooting mallards we had lots of time to pick up shells and get ready for geese. Only saw 2 flocks, a group of lessers that didnt want anything to do with our area at all. They circled about 4 different fields twice before finally heading out, if the lessers are already that wary I wonder what the upcoming cackling geese will be like :shock:

Owell, next flock of big honkers came in barely over the power lines, decoyed right in and both me and matt tripled on that flock. We were gonna stick it out and wait longer to see if more geese were coming but we had to pack up becuase we were leaving in only an hour.

http://members.shaw.ca/stevensml/hunting/oct%2016th_640x480.jpg

Marc
10-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Sounds like you've got one sweet spot to hunt waterfowl! I'm heading out in the morning to give it another try. Hoping for the same kind of sucess that you guys got but I'm not holding my breath.

elkdom
10-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Every morning, every evening over my house, off the lake they come! thousands of the greater variety of HONKERS flying out to feed about 1 or 2 klms from my house, in the harvested and some unharvested grain fields! the morning flights take about 15-20 minutes to all get off the lake! the really wierd thing is NOBODY is hunting them! they been here in big numbers about 6 weeks, I havent heard 6 shots from shot gunners in that same time! where are you guys?

Crazy_Farmer
10-18-2008, 08:18 PM
where are you guys?

About 700 miles south of you :tongue: Sure sounds like a ton of geese up there. You should get out there and knock a few down. Scare em south!!

elkdom
10-18-2008, 08:39 PM
About 700 miles south of you :tongue: Sure sounds like a ton of geese up there. You should get out there and knock a few down. Scare em south!!

LOL I'm looking for a 'non typical' or 6 point HONKER!! good shootin! Crazee! they will be here untill winter hits hard! when the GEESE leave here! get out your snow shovel and winter coats! it's time then!