PDA

View Full Version : Help for Region 8 aroung Kelowna

shantz
10-18-2008, 05:24 PM
First year hunting in this area I've been out afew times so far and all i can seem to find are moose, grouse and other hunters. Saw a cow elk today and heard a nice bugle but i have already filed my elk tag. I was up by Chute Lake today and James Lake last weekend. I'm thinkin about tryin three forks road tomorrow because i heard it was good. Any help would be great.

Thanks

doubled
10-18-2008, 07:38 PM
The big bucks are still up high here. If you are looking for meat, cruise the various roads/trails. Greystoke, Goudie, Postill Lake, Beaver/Dee area.

shantz
10-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Ya I'm just looking to put some meat in the freezer. I was up in the three forks area yesterday and all i saw was an immy moose but my freezer to too full of elk to fit a moose and it would have been about a 5 km pack out by myself. But not a single deer and same thing with 3 other hunters i talked to, lots of grouse though.

doubled
10-20-2008, 11:41 AM
You passed on an immy, are you nuts????

stanway
10-20-2008, 11:45 AM
You've got an elk and passed on an immy moose...sounds like you're doing just fine. Better than most I'd say.

In a couple more weeks the bucks will be easier to spot.

shantz
10-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Ya we went up to Chetwynd and got 5 elk between 6 guys. it was pretty crazy up there, tons of hunters but also lots of game it was a good time. And i would have taking the immy if i had not been so far in the bush or had someone near by to help with the pack out. i need to buy a quad.

doubled
10-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Ya we went up to Chetwynd and got 5 elk between 6 guys. it was pretty crazy up there, tons of hunters but also lots of game it was a good time. And i would have taking the immy if i had not been so far in the bush or had someone near by to help with the pack out. i need to buy a quad.

If you ever need a hand, call me. I only charge a nice hind quarter.

goatdancer
10-20-2008, 05:25 PM
I've been up high, still can't find a 'horny' deer. Sure could use that immy.