PDA

View Full Version : 1st Mulie Buck as a new hunter

Junorr500
10-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Got him behind Westbank. Dropped him 10' from the road with my Pre64 Mod 70 .270. Very tasty.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_0518.jpg

2nd pic is of him skinned out hanging with 2 of 3 WTs that were harvested in the Kootenays which my brother in law brought back a few days later.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_0525.jpg

Wildfoot
10-17-2008, 04:28 PM
great work! should be tasty!

on that note.. time to go out hunting!

sawmill
10-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Well done,funny that basement wall looks like mine,I have a few more but I always nail them up there and the wife is always saying we don`t have enough wall.......
When I run out I`ll build another one.:biggrin:

rocksteady
10-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Congrats....Nice buck...Little weak on the story telling though;-)

You will get the hang of spinning long winded hunting stories like most of do here...

Blktail
10-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Looks just like my first mulie buck, only bigger. I will endeavor to whoop you this year though.:smile:

Good on you bud.

Junorr500
10-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Ok Story Time.

My brother in law Martin and i went for a quick drive up to a spot where we had seen a bachelor group the week before. At the top of the mountain where we were headed the road branches left and right. The plan was to drop me of in the cut that was on the left where there is a permanent blind set up as well as a island of trees to hunker down in higher up in the cut. He was going to go back down and take the other road on the right and go sit in the cut that is at the end of that branch. But when we got to where i was supposed to go some other guys had already gotten there on quads and were set up in the area. So of course we turn around and head back down to the right hand branch of the road. Not 1k up the right branch i spotted the 2 point about 150 yards up the road. He was wandering up the edge of the road just out of the tree line. I got myself a good rest and pulled the trigger. Game over. He dropped 10' from the road. I wavered high when i pulled the trigger though. Notice the massive entry wound on the right side of the picture of the deer hanging. Seem i hit it in the spine and the bone fragments made a nise big hole. Found the bullet on the undamaged side just underneath the skin. Im guessing 50% weight retention in the 130gr federal classic. It was prytty torn up from hitting the bone of the spine. Ill get a pick up of it as well.

Anyway Martin was a bit cheesed that i got that shot when the plan was that he was supposed to be in that area alone. LOL

Im shure they wont all be that easy though. I havent heard of to many 10' drags to the truck.

Boring and long winded story but you all asked for it.

hunter1947
10-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Very nice deer J500.
Lots of fat on him.

ryanhendi
10-18-2008, 09:31 AM
what did u shoot it with thats a big whole....

Wildcowgrl
10-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Congrats on your first mulie:) When I started hunting a whole 6 years ago that was the first animal that I bagged, a 2 point mulie lol.

rocksteady
10-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Ok Story Time.

Boring and long winded story but you all asked for it.

There we go, now your getting into the internet hunting story telling mode.....

Pictures are great, but the story makes us all feel like we are along for the hunt....

Good job...

Shooter
10-18-2008, 01:27 PM
congrats on your first deer. He'll eat real good.

Junorr500
10-18-2008, 02:28 PM
what did u shoot it with thats a big whole....
Federal Classic (Blue Box) 130gr .270 I hit it in the spine, i think thats what caused so much damage, having all the potential energy dissipated so quiqly on bone. Thats the entry wound, the slug was just under the skin on the other side. Looks like it just got through to the skin. Dropped the deer on the spot.