PDA

View Full Version : Where would you go?

Wild_Dog
10-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Here's the scenerio...

My brothers and I have a 10 days off starting Oct. 26. We have access to a jet boat (providing the owner doesn't bail out at the last minute...its been known to happen).

I am located in Quesnel and my brothers are coming up from the coast.

So I'm trying to narrow down some options for some quality deer hunting. Not concerned with myself as I have lots of time to hunt (living in the 'boo) however my brothers have limited time....this is about it...and I really want to get them into some bucks as the have both never shot one.

So.....
1) Float south down the Fraser ( done that...great trip),
2) Head to the back end of Quesnel Lake....fished there lots, not sure how the hunting is,
3) Take the boat up to either Chilko Lake or Teseko (Sp?) Lake

If per chance my uncle bails and we don't have the boat option 3 is still very viable or maybe just head into the Chilcotin somewhere..or maybe near Nazko Lake????

Anyways...totally open to suggestions for some quality deer hunting. The objective isn't necessarily to get a monster buck but rather to get my brothers into their first deer (hopefully).

I'll get a monster later on!

So any suggestions or ideas would be awesome....pm if you want, I'm good at keeping secrets!

BCrams
10-16-2008, 09:23 PM
If they're just looking for first bucks and the boat option is not available.

Hit the Junction area for deer.

hunter1947
10-17-2008, 03:51 AM
I would follow through with the jet boat trip if it does happen.

If it all falls apart I then would go back end of Quenel lake for my second chose.