PDA

View Full Version : Reg. 5 Vehicle Access Question.

Mr. Dean
10-16-2008, 09:19 AM
From the Reg's, pg 58.

- Vevicle Access Management Areas.

Motor Vehicles for Hunting Closed Areas

** The operation of all motor vehicles for the
purpose of hunting, to transport wildlife, to
transport equipment, firearms and supplies
which are intended for or in support of
hunting or to transport hunters to and from
the location of wildlife is prohibited in these
areas.

MU 5-2

** Moffat Lake-Spokin FSR (Project #7968-05)
and any side roads.

Exactly what is controlled???

Is it Moffat rd. TO Spokin Lk and all its spurs OR,,, the complete Moffat rd. system (hwy 97 all the way to Moffat Lk)?

I can't find any details on what Project #7968-05, is.

Thx.

Squirrelnuts
10-16-2008, 09:28 AM
The "Moffat Lake Road" (if it's the same one that I'm thinking of, east from Hwy 97) is actually the James Mountain FSR. I haven't got a clue where the Spokin Lake Road is. :?:

Lemme do some digging...

Squirrelnuts
10-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Found it: the Spokin Lake Road comes off of the Horsefly Road (northeast from 150 Mile House). So, different "Moffat". :) (I see there's a "McIntosh Moffat" road that peels off to the south of Spokin, so I guess that's where the confusion comes in).

(Map 15 of the Backroads Mapbook, middle of the page).

Mr. Dean
10-16-2008, 10:15 AM
I can find the systems on my toppo's, but just can't decipher the reg's. I don't see a road named Moffat-Spokin Rd... Just Moffat Rd. and Spokin Rd.

AND I never encountered a Project # before either. Is this a closed area?

My thinking is that the controlled area is the Moffat/Spokin loop but this only comes from the gut.

TimberPig
10-16-2008, 07:05 PM
It is the connector road that hooks the Moffat (2300 rd) and the Spokin Lake road that is motor vehicle restricted. If you're driving up the 2300 rd, it is on the left hand side, with a big sign posted at the junction.

Mr. Dean
10-16-2008, 07:19 PM
It is the connector road that hooks the Moffat (2300 rd) and the Spokin Lake road that is motor vehicle restricted. If you're driving up the 2300 rd, it is on the left hand side, with a big sign posted at the junction.

Thanks!! :smile: