PDA

View Full Version : Well that's a piss off

Flingin' Sticks
10-16-2008, 08:40 AM
I've been out after the ellusive calf moose/immature bull a couple of days now this season. I'm going up north this evening to try my hand at bull moose and elk as well. I guess you can say that I've got no problems putting in a few good miles to fill my freezer.

So then why is it that I seem to see all the good animals right where I can't shoot them. Seriously, I pulled up to the University in PG this morning, and there is this security gaurd waiting to open up the gate to the trail parking lot on camups. I'm wondering whats going on as the gate is usually open by this time, and then I see it. Momma moose is standing there looking a little miffed about the guy in the little gay white car driving up to her. then I see the calf.....then I see the second calf!!!! we must have been about forty yards from these things for a good ten minutes or so before getting board with them and leaving. now why can't they do that in the bush.

Only in Prince George I guess...

BiG Boar
10-16-2008, 08:44 AM
Offer the calves a ride, or tell the gaurd you will take them out side of the city limits.....then when you drop them off......

Rob
10-16-2008, 08:52 AM
I know what you mean,My wife and I watched 5 nice bucks a few days ago about 60 yds from us on posted land.Rob

Squirrelnuts
10-16-2008, 08:57 AM
Pisser, isn't it? :D We had a fantastic 4 point mulie eating the tulips beside our front step a while back... 5 feet from our front door.

Meanwhile, I've been hunting like a dog all season and haven't seen a buck.

Ride
10-16-2008, 09:31 AM
I hated that when i was going to the university. I used to see the same two point bull up there almost every day one fall. But couldn't find any in the bush. They just seem to know when they are safe.

Good luck on your trip.

PGFullMonty
10-16-2008, 09:39 AM
I saw the same moosie family on the way out hunting on Monday morning. They were eating just at the top of the hill in the first willow patch. The calves are pretty big for twins!!

Good luck on your trip!

Flingin' Sticks
10-16-2008, 09:43 AM
yeah, I was really surprised at the size of these two, especially considering that the cow wasn't all that big herself. If only they still let us bowhunt in forests for the world...

sawmill
10-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Don`t move to Kimberly,you will stroke out watching 7 mulies from 150`ish to a solid 7x8 200+ eating the 100$ tree you just planted in your yard.Then they have the balls to lay down in the yard and sleep it off.I`ll try to post some pics on a seperate thread,I`ll call it "THEY EAT MY STUFF SO I EAT THEIR RELITIVES"

jml11
10-17-2008, 07:53 PM
I know a few guys who have taken some nice bulls with a bow right off tyner. There a few tree stands in the bush too! With the amount of moose up there it really makes you want to take up bow hunting.

I once saw a cow with three bull calves up there one year....

goatdancer
10-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Them moose are going to college now. Getting smarter all the time.......

Everett
10-17-2008, 10:08 PM
I will second the stay out of Kimberley if you can't handle the sight of four points danceing through town saw a big ******* this morning on my way home from another morning skunk just inside city limits by about 50 yards. Gave me the screw you stare.

BCrams
10-18-2008, 08:09 AM
I know a few guys who have taken some nice bulls with a bow right off tyner. There a few tree stands in the bush too! With the amount of moose up there it really makes you want to take up bow hunting.

I once saw a cow with three bull calves up there one year....

Very true!

Many moose have been taken with bows up around the University.

yung buck
10-18-2008, 08:27 AM
i just got back from a 7 day hunt in pg (around punchaw lake). Holy crap alot of hunters!!! despite the crowds we still got our 2 leh cows. i'll tell the rest of the story and pics when i finish puttin them in my freezer.

kgriz
10-19-2008, 02:07 PM
I've bowhunted most of my hunting life and see those moose; however, picture being "the guy" who misses by 12 inches and the animal runs a couple hundred meters onto the road and croaks in front of everybody! Wouldn't want to be that guy. I'm aware of the rules but sometimes its best to avoid the inevitable.