PDA

View Full Version : Kelowna city limits?

NightOwl74
10-15-2008, 09:36 PM
I need help from anyone living in the Kelowna area. Is the powerline imediately south of McCulloch road at the Myra fsr turnoff in city limits or outside? I was driving back from fishing at McCulloch Lake the other day and there was a guy and his girlfriend loading a whitetail on the back of his quad there. I mean off to the side of the paved road! About 400m ahead on McCulloch there is a huge house with acreage and horses. I seem to remember the city limits sign about 100m past that house where the pavement ends? I have the plate number and description of truck. What should I do? He said it was shot in the powerline above(south) of McCulloch, and he said "That's Myra, it's legal" when I stopped and inquired. They seemed to be in an aweful hurry, as people were driving down the hill from cycling the railway up Myra and going wtf?

Big Daddy Ryan
10-15-2008, 09:45 PM
That prick I was up there all weekend and only saw a bunch of does and a few moose (no immy's) and he shot a whitetail right off the road...In all seriousness I know which house you are talking about and I do believe it is still in city limits, it also looks as though it would be in city limits according to the BC backroad map book.

Fisher-Dude
10-15-2008, 11:08 PM
I believe the powerline is the city boundary, however, all the land below the cattleguard on Myra is private property, and therefore not legal for hunting without the owner's permission (even though it isn't posted - it doesn't have to be).

Stone Sheep Steve
10-16-2008, 05:08 AM
Not sure if this helps or not. Maps were very slow to load.

http://www.kelowna.ca/CityPage/Docs/PDFs//Maps/Municipal%20Boundaries.pdf

SSS

doubled
10-16-2008, 04:58 PM
NightOwl74, I talked to a GIS guy from the City of Kelowna and he brought up the boundary for that area and IT IS in City boundaries. Probably worth mentioning to the COs.

RoadKing
10-16-2008, 05:19 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe the city limits sign is posted at the top of the first canyon (or it used to be...) just past Field Rd. That would make the powerline where Myra meets McCullough outside of city limits.

doubled
10-16-2008, 08:09 PM
No offense meant Roadking but I think you are wrong there. The guy at the city had the boundary map up with Orthos photos and it was obvious where the boundary was.

Going Hot
10-16-2008, 09:26 PM
pretty sure it's inside the city from what you described; the sign that tells you're inside city limits is just as the pavement starts and you come up to the large brown house. I have driven by and seen game near where you said the whitey was taken and you'd probably give the residents a scare if you let your cannon loose.....not cool.

hotload
10-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Inside city limits and you can take that to the bank and hopefully the C.O.'s. Good on ya for the, description of the truck, and license #. Now make your phone call.

The Dawg
10-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Inside or outside, it doesnt matter what anyone thinks except the CO's...call and let them decide :)

Good on ya for documenting it, hopefully if they are in the wrong, they get dealt with.