PDA

View Full Version : KAMLOOPS AREA Hunting partner wanted!!!!!

roblikestohunt
10-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Hey there all, looking for a hunting partner for ANY time this year within the kamloops area, unfortunately due to some circumstances i cant carry a firearm, i can be within someone that does have a firearm and can help with the game, which im more then willing to do, however cant legally hold the firearm myself or shoot any game, ill explain a little, im going through a bad, nasty divorce right now, ex "has a restarining order and thats part of it," unfortunately rcmp came today took the 270 rem and the 22 and the 12 gauge mossberg, i love hunting and getting some game, this all just came through today, the friggin worst time, Because its HUNTING TIME!!!! THATS WHY SHE DID IT!!!PISSES ME RIGHT OFF BUT GOT TO FOLLOW IT, ANYONE INTERESTED IN TAKING A 40 YEAR OLD MALE 6 FOOT 2 190 LBS IN EXCELLENT PHYSICAL SHAPE, OUT FOR A DAY OR TWO???? I will cook, Clean, and help with the game, would love to still be able to get some meat in the freezer for the winter, Let me know, Thanks guys....Worst case senario, i would buy some meat, moose, deer, or what have you, Thanks guys

rocksteady
10-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Divorces get ugly.......Been there, done that.....

Some people are just pure evil

fourbyfour
10-15-2008, 03:42 PM
why don`t bow hunt? it`s not a gun. lifes good till you can`t hunt . good luck ! hope you fine someone

roblikestohunt
10-15-2008, 04:06 PM
No Bow Season Open Right Now!!!

rocksteady
10-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Any time there is a general open season you can use a bow, if you wish....

roblikestohunt
10-15-2008, 04:12 PM
hmmmm....thats a plan...never bow hunted before but shot lots of crossbows...that would really piss the bitch off if i still got my buck...lol...thanks guys

Caveman
10-15-2008, 04:13 PM
What part of town you in Rob? You have a valid license, tags etc.?

roblikestohunt
10-15-2008, 04:19 PM
north shore...ghettos...lol

Caveman
10-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Westsyde, Gods country!!

Dually
10-15-2008, 04:38 PM
I won't be back in town untill November, (damb Fort mac shift's) but if your still looking I'll send you a Mess.

PS. I'm not to sure but it might be illegal to buy wild meat, I would'n take my word for it but it might be somthing to look into.

Sorry about your luck

rocksteady
10-15-2008, 04:42 PM
PM sent Rob

Dad and son
10-15-2008, 07:20 PM
She is not the first ex to pull that type of stunt. Avoid trying to get even, it never pays to escalate things. I have a good quality crossbow you could borrow if you are ever in the Vancouver area.

Ltbullken
10-16-2008, 06:03 PM
No Bow Season Open Right Now!!!
....????!!!

You are joking right??? You can bow hunt any time of the hunting season ... or have I missed the fine print? :???:

hotload
10-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Rob you better check the fine print on your ORDER, often times, when giving firearms prohibitions, judges throw in other types of arms as well, including Crossbows, or just bows. I have read a ton of prohibitions to guys and it often states, more than just firearms.

trailhunter
10-16-2008, 10:42 PM
never threatin the old lady..............they love to get you were it hurts.......money and hunting.

goatdancer
10-17-2008, 02:03 PM
If you want to buy or borrow a crossbow, you have to have a PAL that allows it. Check the back of your PAL. It will state ' Restricted, Non-restricted, Crossbow'.

Caveman
10-17-2008, 02:57 PM
If you want to buy or borrow a crossbow, you have to have a PAL that allows it. Check the back of your PAL. It will state ' Restricted, Non-restricted, Crossbow'.

A Cross bow is not restricted unless it can be fired by one hand and is under 500mm long. I just imported one from the States and it is not considered a firearm, no permit required to possess. I could have sent it in the mail, the border cossing didn't care abit if it met the restrictions I mentioned. Believe me I made a ton of calls to make sure it was legal.

doubled
10-17-2008, 03:42 PM
I have gotten two deer and a bear already so meat is not an issue for me. I can always send a "care package" your way if things don't work out for you. I am in the Kelowna area but have parents in Barriere that I visit.

doubled
10-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Rob, PM sent to your response.

roblikestohunt
10-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Thanks to everyone for the support and the great information thats been provided to me, Special thanks to Cave man, Hotload,Rocksteady and doubled, your information and support have been a great help, Just a little update....Upon closer review by my lawyer, i cant posses any type of firearm at all including a bow!!!...lawyer even suggested ditching the pellet gun...can you believe that??? anybody need a good camp hand for there outing let me know???? Thanks again, and safe and successfull hunting to all...

Gunmedic
10-21-2008, 08:49 AM
OH dont' you remember my old friend Joe? Why he got a moose, and couldnt' pack it all out, and so he gave me half for my share of the work, just dont' let her see the freezer. Hee Hee. Best of luck.

Kye
10-21-2008, 09:20 AM
From the wildlife act - "firearm" includes a rifle, shotgun, handgun or spring gun and any device that propels a projectile by means of an explosion, compressed gas or spring but does not include a bow;

from the BC Firearm act - "firearm" includes any gun using, as a propellant, compressed air, explosives or gas;

Doesn't sound like a bow is a firearm to me, at least according to the laws. If the judge said bows well then thats one thing but if he just said firearms thats another.

roblikestohunt
10-21-2008, 09:26 AM
OH dont' you remember my old friend Joe? Why he got a moose, and couldnt' pack it all out, and so he gave me half for my share of the work, just dont' let her see the freezer. Hee Hee. Best of luck.

lol...thats what im looking for my friend...

roblikestohunt
10-21-2008, 09:27 AM
From the wildlife act - "firearm" includes a rifle, shotgun, handgun or spring gun and any device that propels a projectile by means of an explosion, compressed gas or spring but does not include a bow;

from the BC Firearm act - "firearm" includes any gun using, as a propellant, compressed air, explosives or gas;

Doesn't sound like a bow is a firearm to me, at least according to the laws. If the judge said bows well then thats one thing but if he just said firearms thats another.

Had a top notch lawyer here in the loops look in to it, NO FIREARMS ...INCLUDING A BOW, i Guess i could take it to a higher level based on the information thats been provided to me...Thanks for the info...

happygilmore
10-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Call her lawyer and tell them that if she needs to contact you for the next week or two you'll be out of town tagging along on a dream hunt... I suggest island elk or expensive fly-in trip all expences paid. "john" sure is generous.

Or use one of your mutual friends "pipeline" back to the ex.
you could even act excited about "cindy" John's co-worker who's tagging along aswell! Wow a good looking woman who hunts and flirts with you!...
evil!

roblikestohunt
10-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Call her lawyer and tell them that if she needs to contact you for the next week or two you'll be out of town tagging along on a dream hunt... I suggest island elk or expensive fly-in trip all expences paid. "john" sure is generous.

Or use one of your mutual friends "pipeline" back to the ex.
you could even act excited about "cindy" John's co-worker who's tagging along aswell! Wow a good looking woman who hunts and flirts with you!...
evil!

Thats just to funny fellow hunter... sounds like a hell of a good idea,i might try that,Thanks for en-lightining the day...

roblikestohunt
10-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks to everyone for the support and the great information thats been provided to me, Special thanks to Cave man, Hotload,Rocksteady and doubled, your information and support have been a great help, Just a little update....Upon closer review by my lawyer, i cant posses any type of firearm at all including a bow!!!...lawyer even suggested ditching the pellet gun...can you believe that??? anybody need a good camp hand for there outing let me know???? Thanks again, and safe and successfull hunting to all...:smile:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/misc/progress.gif