PDA

View Full Version : Druggies Stole My Bowtech

pupper
10-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Went down to my storage locker today and saw my lock was snapped.
They left my fishing gear, hockey gear, camping gear but took the:

Bowtech tribute 70# draw in a Se44 green bow case
approx 20 Gold Tip Prohunter arrows with 8 montec g5 broadheads
Arrow case with accessories

Swiss army duffle bag with hunting clothes:
underarmour base layer 3 shirts, 2 pants.
5 camo pants
10 camo shirts
etc.
2 camo jackets

my badlands 2200 pack.

this was stolen from a druggy that just moved into my building and my neighbour witnessed the guys loading my gear in their red toyota tercel.

Cops cant really do anything unfortunately so if you could keep your eyes out for these items coming up for sale I would greatly appreciate it.

huntwriter
10-14-2008, 09:58 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

I find that very annoying that the police say they can do nothing about it despite a witness seeing the CRIME happening. But it’s very telling of how crooked our justice system really, were crime victims been victimized all over again.

If that would happen to me the guy would get a visit from me and it would not be to drink coffee with him.:wink:

Edward Teach
10-14-2008, 10:12 PM
If the cops are going to say that they can't do anything about him stealing from you, then they should also agree to not do anything if you decide to go and beat the #$%#! out of him. After all, fair's fair.

BTW I would NEVER keep anything like that in a storage locker in the first place, but that's just me...

Wildfoot
10-14-2008, 10:26 PM
ouch! hopefully you are insured!

Kirby
10-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Shitty deal man! Hope your insured. If you don't mind why can't the cops do anything? If its stolen and he was witnessed?

Kirby

Ron.C
10-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Insured or not, it takes time to get a new bow with all the trimmings put together and dialed in for hunting. And that's just more time away from being able to hunt.
Pupper, sorry to hear about your misfortune. There is no lower form of life than a theif.

Wolfman
10-15-2008, 11:18 AM
I hope you manage to run into that %#@!! skid one night in a back alley - you and your trusty Louisville Slugger.

Wolfman

Steeleco
10-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Even if it was insured, with the typical $500 deductible, and the future increases in rates, they know most folks won't file a claim in the first place.

Too bad about your gear, be gentle if you find these jerks. NOT

Mr. Dean
10-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Regardless of how it was stored, it's stolen and a lock was broken to get it. There could be no confusion between it being a 'found' item and an item that required 'work' to get it AND there should be no sitting back with thoughts of; 'well, if only he did this or that,,, it could have been prevented'.

Stolen is stolen. End of story.

POS's are just that; P.O.S.! Until we see the day that out system allows for better dealings with them, it won't end. No matter how thick the walls are and no matter how many locks are used. If the POS's don't see laws that begin to make them think, it literally will remain a free for all.

Good to hear that at least you know who got it... :wink:

huntwriter
10-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Regardless of how it was stored, it's stolen and a lock was broken to get it. There could be no confusion between it being a 'found' item and an item that required 'work' to get it AND there should be no sitting back with thoughts of; 'well, if only he did this or that,,, it could have been prevented'.

Stolen is stolen. End of story.

POS's are just that; P.O.S.! Until we see the day that out system allows for better dealings with them, it won't end. No matter how thick the walls are and no matter how many locks are used. If the POS's don't see laws that begin to make them think, it literally will remain a free for all.

Good to hear that at least you know who got it... :wink:

Spoken right out of my heart. I too do not understand how we as a society have come to bend to criminals and amend our lives accordingly. Perhaps if the law is not efficient enough, or willing, to treat criminals as the vermin they are then it is time to take the law into our hands.

Edward Teach
10-15-2008, 01:05 PM
BTW my comment about not keeping valuable stuff in a storage locker is based on practicality, not principle. I bristle at those signs warning people to not leave valuables in view in their cars, as though to say that by merely having stuff, you're somehow to blame when people come and steal from you.
A couple of weeks ago I was in Langley and there were sandwich board signs out advising that they were "checking" cars for visible valuables, and it's a good thing they didn't show up to check mine, as they wouldn't have liked my response to them.

r106
10-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Went down to my storage locker today and saw my lock was snapped.
They left my fishing gear, hockey gear, camping gear but took the:

Bowtech tribute 70# draw in a Se44 green bow case
approx 20 Gold Tip Prohunter arrows with 8 montec g5 broadheads
Arrow case with accessories

Swiss army duffle bag with hunting clothes:
underarmour base layer 3 shirts, 2 pants.
5 camo pants
10 camo shirts
etc.
2 camo jackets

my badlands 2200 pack.

this was stolen from a druggy that just moved into my building and my neighbour witnessed the guys loading my gear in their red toyota tercel.

Cops cant really do anything unfortunately so if you could keep your eyes out for these items coming up for sale I would greatly appreciate it.

I feel for ya. I also live in abby, a few friends of mine have been broken into resently. This drug and homless problem here is getting out of hand. Three weeks ago I called the cops becuse I saw a homless guy taking a crap on the side of road by one of there "tent cities" and the cop told me they were not allowed to be camping there and they would be forced to leave:smile: The cops have been there 3-4 times since and they are still there:mad::mad: This is bull s--t... If I were you and I knew who ripped me off and the cops said there is nothing they could do, I would handle it my self

greybark
10-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Hey Pupper , Everything you had stolen was valuable and part of your lifestyle and will take time and effort to replace . I hope it happens soon and you move on to looking forward to the rest of the hunting season .
Wishing retribution towards those "cowards" is but a waste of time and they are not worth it .
Good luck with your new bow and equipment !!!!!!!
Cheers

kootenay redneck
10-15-2008, 09:19 PM
that really sucks i totally know what that feels like, i had moved to the koots had my stuff in sotrage in mpl ridge they took my fishing gear custom rods cnterpin level winds 20 hp merc tv cd player my camping gear alot it has taken me nearly 3 years to replace all of it cops can't do squat cause there just no wayof finding it. i'm so glad i don't live down there anymore, sorry for your loss of hunting stuff to bad he got away a bat on the knee caps keeps them from running in time time he'll get his.

stickbow
10-15-2008, 09:22 PM
If you know who the guy is why would you need the cops?

M.Dean
10-15-2008, 09:35 PM
We are asked to feed the hungry, we are asked to house the homeless, we are asked to safely inject the addicted, we are asked as working honest people to bend over backwards for the down and out, and what do we get? We get robbed, we get stabbed, were beaten for our hard earned money, we can't walk in our parks, were afraid to go out at night, were afraid to leave our homes, how far do we back up? How many of us have to be robbed or killed by these people before someone see's the light! There is a solution, it's very harsh,and it's very final, but some thing has to be done! Any one that wants to help the derelicts, let them take a few home and pay there way because i'm sick of seeing my tax dollars going to the enemy!!! Sorry to hear about the loss of your bow, some crack head is more than likely sitting on it now, waiting for his welfare cheque and getting high in a free injection site!!! M.Dean

houndogger
10-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Charles Bronson had the right idea.

Wolfman
10-15-2008, 10:31 PM
We are asked to feed the hungry, we are asked to house the homeless, we are asked to safely inject the addicted, we are asked as working honest people to bend over backwards for the down and out, and what do we get? We get robbed, we get stabbed, were beaten for our hard earned money, we can't walk in our parks, were afraid to go out at night, were afraid to leave our homes, how far do we back up? How many of us have to be robbed or killed by these people before someone see's the light! There is a solution, it's very harsh,and it's very final, but some thing has to be done! Any one that wants to help the derelicts, let them take a few home and pay there way because i'm sick of seeing my tax dollars going to the enemy!!! Sorry to hear about the loss of your bow, some crack head is more than likely sitting on it now, waiting for his welfare cheque and getting high in a free injection site!!! M.Dean

Damn skippy, man.

I hear you and agree. After seeing all this crap today about the homeless now apparently being able to take over and form camps in our parks because the park bylaws undermine the RIGHTS of the homeless to shelter ?!!!!

WTF!!! What RIGHTS!?:roll:

Too many bloody 'rights' out there and not enough responsibilities for these folks.

Wolfman

Tarp Man
10-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Pupper, I live in Abbotsford too, and have suffered from stuff like this. Not quite like having my entire bow setup getting ripped off. Make sure you call Hub Sports to let them know some a$$hole maybe trying to pawn it. Also call the local pawn shops. Nothing like getting the word out to make life tough for these freeloaders.

pupper
10-15-2008, 10:52 PM
I shouldnt have stored anything in the storage room but I had no where else. I know for next time though.
There is some good leads happening now, i will fill you guys in when its complete.

Johnnybear
10-16-2008, 12:13 AM

Nice. I love those movies:!::!:.

Sorry about your loss Pupper. I went through almost the same thing. Insurance was a pain but I got most of my stuff replaced. I now have a floater on my house insurance to cover more. That is real hard when you know who did it. Take caution in your actions.

steelheadSABO
10-16-2008, 04:04 PM
use a 22 loaded with bird shot and that should keep him from coming back:)

35 Whelen
11-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Pupper.

Did you call the Police to report the theft? Did they say there wasn't much they could do? IF they did, demand to speak with a supervisor and that you want to make a report. It could be recovered the next time they serve a warrant on a house...you never know, If they don't have a report, you wont' get it back.

I would also call around to every Pawn shop within about 50 miles and ask if they have any good used bow equip for sale. If they say yes , ask them what brands they have...if it matches yours, go and ID it. If it is yours walk out calmly, call the police ( as you have already made a report...hint hint) and tell them where it is and that you will wait for a member to show up.

If you let it go and not report it, you are just letting them get away with another theft. If you know who took it.....start a file and get something done about it. If the police pay him a visit and he says NO I dont have it. I would check the dumpster that day as he will no doubt dump it thinking the Police are now suspicious...he won't want to take a risk selling it to a pawn.

Just my two cents, but it's my experience in 30 yrs of law enforcement.

Best regards
Paul

Barry O'Regan
11-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Thats friggin terrible, hope you catch em, and give em some country justice.
Judo points leave a great reminder on thieves, especially at 300fps!

My son came home one night and surprised someone with a screwdriver trying to pry open our kitchen window, the crack head got a good upside the head from my son, I was concerned about the screwdriver, but it was only after we noticed he had one as he dropped it when he got hit and ran like a bat outta hell after the first punch!

We called the RCMP, gave a description and they said nothing they can do, they catch em and arrest em, book em and bleeding heart incompetent courts release crack heads the same or next day, the Cop told us it was an effort in futility.

I told her point blank, I catch him in my house He will be in for a world of hurt, and if fatal, hey shit happens. She told me most likely the courts would take a dim view of my actions and all of a sudden incompetent lefty judges will find some way to put the full force of the law against me,(Not the crackhead) and I could face serious jail time for protecting my home. So, guess I'll just whup his ass real bad and drag his sorry ass out into the street and leave him there, and if the cops show up, I'll claim innocence as if nothing happened.

DGuest
11-19-2008, 09:37 AM
I have a good one for ya....

I park at the sky train station on Scott Road in Delta.... Get to my truck on a Friday after work... ready for the weekend.. Start it up and guess what! some crack head cut the catylitic converter right off my truck!

It was parked there from 7 am to 6pm so it was stolen in broad day light. I think if I was walking through there and some guy was under a truck with a reciprocating saw hacking at something I would consider it a little strange and assume he wasn't making a repair! Naturally I called the police they took down my information, and when I asked if they were going to do anythign about it the woman hung up on me!!!

Cost me $460 to replace and the guys at the shop say people come in every week with the same story. Apperently they are worth about $90 at a scrap yard.

mikek blacktail
11-19-2008, 01:11 PM
sorry to hear man ,thives are assholes

Edward Teach
11-19-2008, 04:05 PM
She told me most likely the courts would take a dim view of my actions and all of a sudden incompetent lefty judges will find some way to put the full force of the law against meThat would be yet another example of Cultural Marxism (http://www.academia.org/lectures/lind1.html) in action.
The purpose of "political correctness" is NOT to bring equality, its purpose is to weaken a society.

I'd be tempted to apply the "3 S's" in that instance.

Barry O'Regan
11-20-2008, 12:55 AM
That would be yet another example of Cultural Marxism (http://www.academia.org/lectures/lind1.html) in action.
The purpose of "political correctness" is NOT to bring equality, its purpose is to weaken a society.

I'd be tempted to apply the "3 S's" in that instance.

I got a few "S"'s I would like to give em "(S)lap the (S)hit, outta the (S)cum

The Hermit
11-20-2008, 11:05 AM
problem is that if you were to take the law into your own hands and break his knees and cut off a hand, which would be a minimum sentence in my universe, our health care system would incur a big hit... best to totally trash everything he owns!

Wolfman
11-20-2008, 11:28 AM
I got a few "S"'s I would like to give em "(S)lap the (S)hit, outta the (S)cum

Barry, you are my kind of dude. Kudos there ;-)

Wolfman

Will
11-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Some Paul Kersey Justice.........
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51AMD8GZ6DL._SS500_.jpg

Sorry about the lost items Pupper.........that really sucks:cry:

scrottydog
04-09-2009, 09:44 AM
I agree with the hermit
destroy everything
but a good old ballpin hammering to the knees is always good to :smile:

The Hermit
04-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Why can't the cops do anything about it? That is pure bullshit!! Which PD told you that? I'd launch a complaint with these guys...

The Office of the Police Complaint Commissioner's main office is located in downtown Victoria with a branch office in Vancouver.

The office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.

Victoria
3rd Floor - 756 Fort Street
PO Box 9895 STN PROV GOVT
VICTORIA, BC V8W 9T8
Telephone: (250) 356-7458
Fax: (250) 356-6503

mcrae
04-13-2009, 08:33 AM
That totally sucks those Tributes are awesome bows....

pupper
04-26-2009, 01:02 PM
well here is the whole story:
On October 14/08 I went to our storage locker to retrieve some hokey equipment. I then realized that we had been robbed. The lock on our storage locker had been cut (and was gone) no other locker had been tampered with. The items that were stolen are as follows:
Camouflage clothing (about $400-500 worth)
2 Hunting jackets and 1 fleece ($230)
Hunting backpack ($200)
Binoculars ($450)
Range finder($400)
Buck hunting knife ($100)
Bear spray
Camcorder ($600)
Bowtech tribute bow and arrows ($1500)I went to hockey and then talked to our neighbor who lives in unit 206 which is directly over the main entrance to our building. I told him what had happened. He said that on Saturday October 11/08 there were 3 crack heads sitting in the hall on the 2nd floor outside of unit 205, when he approached them to ask why they were sitting there he was yelled and cursed at. He then witnessed them on Sunday October 12/08 taking a dark green, hard plastic, “half circle” case out to their red Toyota Tercel.

When I got home from hockey, I phoned the Abbotsford Police, they sent an officer over quite quickly, who took our testimony, itemized list of missing property and filed a police report.

Later that night, October 14/08, I went to look in our parking lot to see if there was a red Toyota Tercel. There was. I got in to his car and waited for the guy to get in the Toyota. I then followed him, and phoned the Constable, who along with 5 other squad cars responded to the call. After a brief follow, the red Toyota was pulled over at the Esso gas station on McCallum Rd. The car was surrounded by officers who had their assault rifles pointed at the 3 perps in the Toyota. I then witnessed them being arrested and the Toyota being towed away.

The next day, October 15/08, we learned that the Toyota was reported stolen and that the people in the vehicle had just completed another brake and enter at The Brick where they had stolen a big screen TV.
I asked if they had retrieved any of our property. The Constable no. The guy who my neighbor witnessed taking the bow out to the car had just been released from prison 5 days earlier.

The 3 spent the night locked up, and were released in the morning with the condition of bringing in the stolen goods within 4 days. The owner of unit 205, where they were witnessed coming and going, has been trying to evict them, on account of them not paying rent. They were to be out on Thursday, October 16/08. The last time I saw them was on Saturday, October 18/08.

On Friday, October 17/08, I confronted the guy who my neighbor witnessed taking our property. He said he was working on getting the bow back because it was considered a weapon and the police really wanted it off the street. He also told me that he could bring the person who stole the bow bound in duck tape for us to do with as we please. I repeatedly told him to just bring his stuff back to the police station. I told them that he was working on the bow, but the knife and camcorder was as good as gone. (I had just realized that morning that our camcorder was missing. It was not in the itemized list given to the Constable). He told me that he would bring back the bow with the guys finger in a jar if I wanted. Again I told him to just bring all of my stuff back to the police station.

The 4 days that the Abbotsford Police had given to him were up on Saturday, October 18/08. I phoned Constable Brown-John on Sunday, October 19,08 to ask if anything had been brought in. It had not. So a warrant was put out. Later on Sunday afternoon, around 5:30pm our buzzer was rung. It was the Abbotsford Police. They were responding to a 911 call. I let them in, they were trying to get in to unit 112, no one would answer the door. I told them about what was going on with us, and they said they were two of the officers who arrested the perps at the Esso station on Tuesday, October 14/08. They said that 2 of the perps almost got shot. One guy was going for a buck hunting knife, and a girl was going for a can of bear spray (which can only be bought if you register your name at a sports store) two of the items that were stolen from us.

So they were caught with a stolen car, and our property on their person. The Constable says that they cannot be charged with our stolen property, because it will not hold up in court as we cannot prove that the knife and bear spray are ours. Which is very disheartening but the police are trying to charge him for a few things. I got my knife back but not the bear spray, and the police could not pull any fingerprints off the items to prove they were stolen from me.

Those people are out of our building now but as you may have heard, there was a shooting in an Abbotsford apartment last week. That happened in our building on the first floor, the guy lives below us, so there is still crime going on here and there is still blood stains on the carpet in the hallway!

arcadia
04-26-2009, 04:25 PM
I don't swear. BUT IT'S BLOODY PATHETIC TO not be able charge the guy with stealing your stuff. You ID'd the stuff. The neighbor saw them in the act for crying out loud. Weak useless Judges. :mad:

pupper
07-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Well looky here, my stuff showed up on craigslist:
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/spo/1260505728.html

Too bad it sold right before i was going to meet the guy, now he wont return my calls. If anyone bought this screaming deal, let me know. It was a good deal because it was stolen.

mijinkal
07-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Ouch, that sucks. It sounds like the police were quite helpfull but they can only do so much. I'm shure most of us wouldn't have been as patient as you and would have take justice into our own hands. I know I would have. Kudos on you for that.
It's a good reminder to all of us to mark our initials on all of our gear and take pictures of it just in case something like thi happens to any of us.
If I were you I would contact the police about the craigslist posting.They still may be able to track down the IP address of the jerk that sold your stuff.

pale rider
12-29-2010, 11:01 AM
wish it was legal to hunt scum like that,maybe we can set up a hunting bc slush fund,were members can cend some cash,and it accumalates in the bank,untill a deserving case like your comes along,and you can replace your gear,i would be willing to contribute

BiG Boar
12-29-2010, 11:16 AM
This thread was from a while ago. Anything ever come of it in the end?