PDA

View Full Version : Hunting In Alberta Question

muleychaser
10-14-2008, 03:08 PM
I am going to be in Alberta for the entire hunting season, minus a 5 day trip to region 3 in the middle of November for a tasty spike buck. Anyways I am not sure how it works out here and am hearing conflicting stories. I was told today that all I have to do is go get the paperwork and I wouldn't need a resident hunter to sponser me to go hunting, It seems to good to be true so I figured someone on this site would definately have the answers to my question.

On another note I am living in Devon and working out of Leduc so if anyone out in that neck of the woods might want someone to go out with let me know and I would be glad to tag along to check some country out.

jjensen20
10-14-2008, 03:11 PM
you have to be an albertan resident to hunt without a hunter host. To get resident status you have had to live in the province for the last 6 months.

goatdancer
10-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Find yourself a friend over there and then it like the 'permit to accompany' here. Stop off in a sporting goods store and pick up some regs. All the info is there. The website is www.albertaregulations.ca (http://www.albertaregulations.ca) . I've hunted there a few times. Good luck.

depopulator
10-14-2008, 05:09 PM
If you are not an Alberta resident, you need a resident "hunter host" for you to hunt here.