PDA

View Full Version : Back from the Boo

stroh72
10-14-2008, 10:21 AM
DISCLAIMER: This thread has no photos but please read on. I apologize but through several different technological glitches we are without photograhic evidence of our week in the Boo. With no draws to speak of the 4 of us decided to chase mulies in Region 5 for a week. My father who hadn't been hunting in 10yrs was also convinced to accompany us into the bush. With the recent passing of my mother it allowed him to get back out in the Province he loves so much. Having hunted the Cariboo only really for moose I started to really bug a LITTLE friend of mine from the Puddle. To protect his anonimity I'll just refer to him as STEVE because I don't want him to relay the same amazing info to anyone else..... The week was amazing, we managed to stumble upon a mass of deer migrating towards wintering grounds. Mind you the doe fawn population was massive the were more than enough 2's and 3's to go around. We all turned downed several bucks in the first 36 hrs. I believe we were very lucky to catch the tail end of first wave through the area. We went in Sat Oct 4, by 3 Pm Monday Aft. Dad got a nice 2 point ( the first in probably 10 yrs) I took a small 4 point and Savage to a great 3 point. Tuesday morning saw my Dad and Glenn taking another 2 point. By Tuesday aft. we couln't buy a deer to save our lives the area became drier than a popcorn fart!! Thursday brought snow and a few deer showed themselves but that it. Radar being the only one not to pull the trigger still walked away with his held high he easily could have connected only several smaller bucks but had greater aspirations. Animal count close to 200 deer, 10 moose ( 3 bulls) 1 bear.

I would like to say Thank-you to "STEVE" for the assistance. My Father who hadn't been bush for over a decade had the time of his life. He was in on 3 kills making it extremely memorable for the 2 of us in light of my mother passing.

"STEVE" without sounding Passe but your package is in the mail. Payback!!

Mr. Dean
10-14-2008, 10:37 AM
No pics.... didn't happen. That story is just simply too over the top to be believable.

Next!

:tongue:

srupp
10-14-2008, 10:39 AM
:biggrin:HA HA HA ,,GOOD ONE GUYS :eek: I just knew youd do well...

great update..I believe you...

"STEVE" :biggrin::biggrin:

YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I get a package I get a package,,hmmmmm oh oh..what kind of package..lol

SRUPP

rocksteady
10-14-2008, 10:55 AM
[quote=stroh72;341810]. My Father who hadn't been bush for over a decade had the time of his life. He was in on 3 kills making it extremely memorable for the 2 of us in light of my mother passing.

quote]

The true "trophy" of the trip...

I am sure your Mother was along in spirit, watching over the 2 of you....Making sure you were safe...

hunter1947
10-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Sounds like you had a very good hunting trip as for lots of memories to go along with it ,good going on connecting with some mule deer.
We hope to see some pic of this trip shortly.

moosinaround
10-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Well done Stroh, It is about getting out and seeing this great province of ours!! Animals come and go, one just as memorable as the next, but seeing your father out there with you will last as a vivid image in your memory forever!! Success all around!! Congats!! Moosin

stroh72
10-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Just talked to Radar photos might be salvaged, No promises But I"ll try just for you Mr.Dean!!

stroh72
10-14-2008, 12:54 PM
WE retrieved 1 photo hope this works

Mr. Dean
10-14-2008, 01:05 PM
It worked - Congratulations!
Pop's seems pleased...

Caveman
10-14-2008, 01:25 PM
No pics.... didn't happen. That story is just simply too over the top to be believable.

Next!

:tongue:

X2 "Never Happened"!!!! Okay Make A Liar Out Of Me!! Congrats! to a great trip!!

BCBairdo
10-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Sounds like you guys had a great trip there Todd. We were up around the puddle for the weekend and the wife and her mom managed to take a couple of does with their draws and brother in law took a 2pt. buck. We did see lots of deer but not many bucks. I'm holding out for the late season for a big buck....probably tag soup again but worth a shot.

Ian