PDA

View Full Version : Butcher/meat locker Rock Creek

2slow
10-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Just wondering if anyone has a contact number for any butchers or meat lockers in the rock creek area

thanks

longwalk
10-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Just wondering if anyone has a contact number for any butchers or meat lockers in the rock creek area

thanks

Do not have the number on hand, but the fellows name is John Solowy, Lives on the Kettle valley backroad. If you are going east on the #3 past Rock creek, turn left at the back road turnoff, go right at the old school which is converted to a junk yard and he is 2 1km up the road. His driveway is go past the Pownall construction/form rental and his driveway is the next right. He has done my deer for years and runs a clean shop and is agood butcher.

rageous
10-13-2008, 07:16 PM
John is the best butcher I've ever used by far.

Mckinney Creek Adventures
10-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Kodiak Meats in down town Rock Creek. Owned and operated by a young family..... Steph and Ken Corfe. I support them cause they are a young family like ours, trying to make a go of it where they want to stay and live. Avid hunter, good clean shop and some of the best sausage I have had made. We recommend to all our guests and never any complaints. Will hang any time of day. (250)446-2230.

John is good too, but would not recommend his sausage personally.

MCA

dawn2dusk
10-17-2008, 08:33 AM
I went to Kodiak Meats last oct. Great shop, clean, reasonable rates, and did their very best to help us. Hard working family that is for sure. They were very busy.

I hope to pay them a visit again this year if I am lucky enough to tag something.

I recommend the breakfast sausage. Ken does too.