PDA

View Full Version : Green stuff??

10-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Just a quilk question. When I was skinning my mule deer in early September, I noticed that is some spots there was a transparent green jelly under the skin. It was distributed in areas all over the body. It had no smell. I've skinned dozens of deer, but have never noticed anything similar. Any ideas?.....and sorry...I never took a picture

Dragginbait
10-11-2008, 11:08 AM
ALIEN deer, thats my guess.

Mr. Dean
10-11-2008, 11:15 AM
I had a buddy over that had a deer that had neon green, golf ball sized 'gobs' in his. It seemed to be within the muscle, iirc and only in one area. It contained puss.

Weird...

abbyfireguy
10-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Cysts from Ticks????
We helped a an old guy a few years ago hang and skin his moose and it had some things like what you describe..:-?

hunter1947
10-11-2008, 11:47 AM
It might be from a bruise from when that deer was sparing with a nother one.
You will not see a bruise from when he did do some sparing ,the hide and where the meat is causes it to bleed with a little infection from when this happened to him.

10-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Definately not bruising....No blood and too evenly distributed. It seemed like it was not the result of a disease process, and the deer was very healthy with lots of fat. Also, it had no smell, which makes infection unlikely (although some bacteria do not produce smally gases). It definately was strange, but the meet seems good.

srupp
10-11-2008, 11:59 AM
In moose they can get green Bean shaped growths with fat covering them..Lymph nodes...dont smell UNTILL you cook em..remove em as ya find em..

steven