PDA

View Full Version : Bag limet for mule deer????

kako99
10-10-2008, 10:58 PM
So if remeber right a while back I thought I saw a trread saying you were only allowed to bag two deer a season in all of bc but read the regs and I am seeing it says your alowed 3 a season???? Just wanna make sure im reading it right.

10-10-2008, 11:11 PM
So if remeber right a while back I thought I saw a trread saying you were only allowed to bag two deer a season in all of bc but read the regs and I am seeing it says your alowed 3 a season???? Just wanna make sure im reading it right.

The provincial bag limit is 3, but many regions have lesser bag limits so to actually get three deer you probably have to hunt in more than one region.

FLHTCUI
10-11-2008, 09:18 AM
The provincial bag limit is 3, but many regions have lesser bag limits so to actually get three deer you probably have to hunt in more than one region.

The regs state you are allowed three deer in a season provided they are taken in more than one region that allows two ( with two tags purchased )BUT, You are only alowed Two in possesion ....
Confused? Just make sure you ahve eaten all of one deer before you add a third in your freeser.
Just my .02
Rob

jeeper
10-11-2008, 10:03 AM
3 deer ---a combo of either 2 mulies and a whitetail or two white tail and a mulie . And then from more then one region.

10-11-2008, 10:44 AM
You are only alowed Two in possesion ....
Confused? Just make sure you ahve eaten all of one deer before you add a third in your freeser.
Just my .02
Rob

Not sure I agree with this, where does it say only two in possession are allowed, especially in your freezer...???

As a matter of fact if a Queen Charlotte Island special license is purchased one is allowed to exceed the provincial bag limit and take up to 15 deer annually with a possession limit of 5, of course this applies in the QCI only.

mark
10-11-2008, 11:03 AM
The regs state you are allowed three deer in a season provided they are taken in more than one region that allows two ( with two tags purchased )BUT, You are only alowed Two in possesion ....
Just my .02
Rob

wow this would be news to me, Ive had 3 deer in my freezer at a time most of my life.

FLHTCUI
10-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Not sure I agree with this, where does it say only two in possession are allowed, especially in your freezer...???

As a matter of fact if a Queen Charlotte Island special license is purchased one is allowed to exceed the provincial bag limit and take up to 15 deer annually with a possession limit of 5, of course this applies in the QCI only.

OK, I stand corrected on the QCI Deer as per page 65 top left corner of the page in 2008-2009 Hunting Regulations.

Deer. The bag limit and possesion limit for (blk-tailed deer) is 2. of which only one maybe antlered and one may be antlerless, except in MUs 6-12 and 6-13, where the bag limit is 15 and the possesion limit is 5.
The bag limit and possesion limit for white tailed deer is 1. again as explained in the regs on page 65.

I was not and am not stating in my previous posts on this subject being the gospel or that I know everything about hunting in BC or the Regulations pertaining to hunting in BC, but rather was offering my opinion on the question :
"So if remeber right a while back I thought I saw a trread saying you were only allowed to bag two deer a season in all of bc but read the regs and I am seeing it says your alowed 3 a season???? Just wanna make sure im reading it right." by kako 99

I am not looking at starting a pissing match with anyone here, but if you want to flirt with the Regs on POSSESION Limits as per the Regs and the emphasis is on possesion limits , fill your boots.
It was just my opinion as educated to me when I took the CORE back in 1986
Rob
Gone Hunting !!!

Mr. Dean
10-11-2008, 01:33 PM

Correct. 3 Deer is the provincial bag limit.

I've found that people tend to get the wording mixed up when it comes to regional and provincial limits.

The QCI, I don't hunt. Therefore am not entirely up on their regional bag limits. It would appear that they have some special considerations up there...

Possesion ends when the animal is at your ordinary place of residence. It's OK to have 3 deer in the freezer (MO).

jml11
10-11-2008, 01:42 PM
OK, I stand corrected on the QCI Deer as per page 65 top left corner of the page in 2008-2009 Hunting Regulations.

Deer. The bag limit and possesion limit for (blk-tailed deer) is 2. of which only one maybe antlered and one may be antlerless, except in MUs 6-12 and 6-13, where the bag limit is 15 and the possesion limit is 5.
The bag limit and possesion limit for white tailed deer is 1. again as explained in the regs on page 65.

I was not and am not stating in my previous posts on this subject being the gospel or that I know everything about hunting in BC or the Regulations pertaining to hunting in BC, but rather was offering my opinion on the question :
"So if remeber right a while back I thought I saw a trread saying you were only allowed to bag two deer a season in all of bc but read the regs and I am seeing it says your alowed 3 a season???? Just wanna make sure im reading it right." by kako 99

I am not looking at starting a pissing match with anyone here, but if you want to flirt with the Regs on POSSESION Limits as per the Regs and the emphasis is on possesion limits , fill your boots.
It was just my opinion as educated to me when I took the CORE back in 1986
Rob
Gone Hunting !!!

This is specific to Region 6 only. All it is saying it you can't possess more than two blacktails from Region 6 (which is this regional bag limit anyways) without buying the special QCI license. You could still shoot two in region 6, have them in your possession and shoot another deer in another region. You are still only in possession of two deer from region 6 and one from region X and are therefore still compiant with the regulations. The provincial possession limits for big game would never be less than the annual bag limit, think grouse or fishing, possession limits are typically twice the daily limit...never less than the daily limit....make sense :?

sparkes3
10-11-2008, 11:46 PM
does this posession limit ending when the animal is at your normal place of residency apply to all game and fish.

Mr. Dean
10-12-2008, 02:51 PM
does this posession limit ending when the animal is at your normal place of residency apply to all game and fish.

Without looking it up, I believe that once the animal becomes meat, it is no longer an animal in possession. The bag limit still applies though. :wink:

Hence it would also be illegal to transport (posses) 3 deer at on time. 2 would be the max. Once off loaded to a packing house OR home, only then are you good for hunting #3.

If ya want to do some sifting, have at it. :smile:

http://www.qp.gov.bc.ca/statreg/stat/W/96488_01.htm

10-12-2008, 03:09 PM

I believe so.

1/2 slam
10-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Hence it would also be illegal to transport (posses) 3 deer at on time. 2 would be the max. Once off loaded to a packing house OR home, only then are you good for hunting #3.

The provincial bag limit is 3. Where does it say I can't have 3 in my posession. I'd like you to show me that as I can't find it. I can take one in region 5 then one in 6 and 7. I haven't exceeded the regional limits or the provincial limit.

Mr. Dean
10-12-2008, 10:01 PM
The provincial bag limit is 3. Where does it say I can't have 3 in my posession. I'd like you to show me that as I can't find it. I can take one in region 5 then one in 6 and 7. I haven't exceeded the regional limits or the provincial limit.

You could be right and I may stand to be corrected. I do believe that I did read about the 2 possesion deer limit,,, somewhere??????

I'll glance through the bible tonight, see if I can't dig it up...

Mr. Dean
10-15-2008, 02:02 AM
Nope, still cant find it and I have read the regs over twice, looking for it. I see nothing that mentions possesion limits on deer, only bag limits.

Call me stupid, dumb, slow on the go, stuck in neutral, slipping on the clutch, wing-nut, bafoon, Jelly Brained, dropped at birth, or ???

But I still swear that I saw it SOMEFLIPPINWHERE. :neutral:

Fisher-Dude
10-15-2008, 05:43 AM
What a bunch of screwed up answers! :?

The provincial bag limit is 3 deer (QCI/region 6 blacktail notwithstanding). I could legally shoot one mule deer in each of regions 8, 3, and 5 all in one day, punch all 3 mule deer tags I have, and POSSESS them all at once. If I like freezer burned deer meat, I could have 3 in my freezer from last year, and 3 more from the year before, etc, if I so desired. There is no law about what you have in your freezer as long as you don't exceed the annual limit in any one year, and have a properly cancelled tag for each animal.

Methinks Mr D has the fishin' and huntin' regs confused. :tongue:

hunter1947
10-15-2008, 07:22 AM
Some buddy show me in the regs where it says you can't have 3 deer from 3 different regions with you at the same time on a hunt for a week or for two weeks of hunting or other.