PDA

View Full Version : Leopald scope and scopes in General

youngbuck
09-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Hi All,

I'm considering to purchase a Leopald VXIII 2.5-8X 36mm scope for my 7X57.
I'm wondering if any of you have this scope or your opinions on the brand?

Thanx in advance
YB

Offroad
09-08-2005, 02:37 PM
I use a leopold on my 7 mag and have been extremly happy with it. It is a great scope for the money. I have never had a problem with it and it works awesome in low light conditions. It is a safe bet to buy one you will be happy with it.

BwanaDave
09-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Ive got a couple and like them. Dont think you'd go wrong with one
BD

moosecaller
09-08-2005, 03:09 PM
I have a 2x7 and a 3x9 on a 338 win mag and a 7mm mag both work very well, no complaints at all. The only thing I have to say is I would like it if they had audiable clicks on the adjustments, small point on a good scope.

Foxer
09-08-2005, 03:50 PM
you just can't go wrong with a vx-3. They're exceptionally bright, have great eye relief, and you can beat the crap out of them day and night and they'll just take it. Their low light performance is awesome.

Then there's the warrenty. We recently sent back an ancient old vx-1 that was giving us trouble. There were no questions asked, i shipped it and had it back within a week, and it had been repaired, cleaned inside and out within an inch of it's life, re-purged to ensure it was waterproof and works like a charm again. And they'll do that even if you were the one who broke it.

In my books, if you've got the dough it's very very hard to find a hunting scope that would serve you better in any meaningful or noticable way, and the company stands behind it hard. I've never heard anyone who's ever bought one and regretted it (unless the wife found the credit card statement :) )

talver
09-08-2005, 10:20 PM
there are other scope manufacturers ??????????????????????????

Gateholio
09-09-2005, 01:56 AM
Hi All,

I'm considering to purchase a Leopald VXIII 2.5-8X 36mm scope for my 7X57.
I'm wondering if any of you have this scope or your opinions on the brand?

Thanx in advance
YB

I have 2 of these scopes (I used to have 3)

I have themn on m y main huting rifles.

IMHO, ther is no better scope for hunting from zero to 400 yards. These scopes are compact, optically excellent and druable.

For a hunting rifle, I can think of no better scope.

kutenay
09-09-2005, 04:08 AM
I have been using Leopold scopes for about forty years and have owned about thirty of them in that time, I have quite a few now. I also have many other scopes including West German Zeiss and various pricey brands. If, I could only own/use scopes by one manufacturer, it would be Leupold, without question.

I just traded off my LPS 1.5x6 from my Dakota 76 in .338 Win. as my hunting partner had a classic 1920s Mauser sporter in 9.3x62 that I just had to have and I do not really care for 30 mm scopes. This is a VERY accurate rifle and a moderately pricey one with fabulous wood, etc., so, I want a very good scope to replace the LPS; my choice will be almost certainly my favourite Leupy 1.75x6, matte, HD which I prefer slightly to the 2.5x8s I used to have.

You cannot go wrong with a Leupy and the VXIII series is the best yet.

youngbuck
09-09-2005, 08:06 AM
SOLD!!!

Thanks everyone for your opinions

Anyone want to guess where I'm going tomorrow morning?
And then off to the range on sunday morning.
Last thing I want to do is not have my new setup ready for my season.

Good luck to all and straight shooting

YB

09-09-2005, 01:40 PM
there are other scope manufacturers ??????????????????????????

http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif Not that you would notice around here anywayhttp://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif
I recently aquired a bushnell 4200 which l think is alot better bang for your buck......that being said, l also own quite a few leopolds, and they are a good scope, but l think you're paying a premium for the name when there are other scopes on the market that are just as good and dependable, with the same bullet proof warrenty.

NEEHAMA
09-09-2005, 04:20 PM
i know where you can get the vx111 2.5x8 x 36mm brand new for $619.99

if interested pm me.

Tank
09-10-2005, 06:08 AM
I have a lastyears VX-1 on my 375h&h and once firmly anchored to the rifle it has been solid thru alot of abuse and unhappy conditions, i eaven took it with me to NewZealand and it has yet to give me a hiccup in its performance. I would imagine that the VX-2's and 3's would only be an improvement in quality.

FullDraw
09-11-2005, 12:21 PM
I just picked up my 3x9x50 vxII scope. I'm very happy with it very bright and clear. I pick it up off e-bay for around 400.00 cdn with a mount for my a-bolt.

todbartell
09-11-2005, 04:17 PM
I really like the new VXII, they're about as good as the last generation Vari-X III