PDA

View Full Version : Bear hunting

ch valley hunter
09-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Anybody have any good bear spots in the Fraser Valley? My usual spots up the Chilliwack Valley are being logged right now.

Steeleco
09-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Sylvester road in a few spots, Harrison, Skagit, many back yards in north van LOL, they are everywhere I'm told. The logging in your area will be a good thing.

ch valley hunter
09-08-2005, 01:24 PM
I have tried up Sylvester and Skagit but have never seen any. The logging is good but I have to wait untill they are done so I can get through their gates. I have been trying to locate a key with no sucess. There are some good spots past where they are logging and rifle season is coming quick.

ch valley hunter
09-08-2005, 01:25 PM
I am obviously in the wrong spots up Sylvester and Skagit.

Steeleco
09-08-2005, 02:48 PM
It's all about timing. There are bears there, Chealis is another good spot steep country but plenty of animals

bosskiller
09-08-2005, 03:03 PM
A good bear spot, good for road hunting, is the Anderson Creek FSR just south of Boston Bar heading east towards Merrit and the Coquihalla. Excellent bear hunting, especially if you go on a quiet weekday, say Wednesday. I usually see about 10 a day on a good day. Another location is hunting the burn in 8-5 near Tulameen up Lawless Creek FSR, just off the Toll Booth. Excellent bear and numerous deer for the upcoming deer hunt. Also moose so buy all your tags and look enough, and spot whitetail. I saw a nice buck this spring while bear hunting. Both areas only 2 hrs from where I live( maple ridge).

ch valley hunter
09-08-2005, 03:10 PM
When are you going up for a day trip?

bosskiller
09-08-2005, 03:12 PM
I am going up to Hihuim Lake this weekend but next weekend I'll be heading up to the Coquihalla for the day ( Saturday ).

ch valley hunter
09-08-2005, 03:54 PM
I work weekends now, if you go during the week Monday-Thursday I am in.

Joel