PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops Area Hunting

roblikestohunt
10-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Hello everyone,Im new to this site and i enjoy reading all of the articles posted by fellow hunters, im doing a couple days this weekend towards wendego lodge, usually camp close to inskip lake in the flats there by the creek, or up rushton creek road that leads to inskip, im wondering if any one has had any luck up there this year, i was fishing the lake 2 weeks ago and a huge bull came crashing out of the bush less then 100 yards away, what a sight, ive also seen lots of cows and bear up there as well in the last few months, any info would be appreciated, Thanks to all

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/misc/progress.gif

300H&H
10-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Talk to Jelvis !

illbuyourcatfish
10-14-2008, 04:40 PM
me and a buddy of mine got both our mule deer out of that area 3x3 and a massive 3x2, tried the area 3 times, harvested two deer, saw as many as ten bucks in one morning ranging from spikes to two hat rack 4x4+'s, doe to buck ratio never got higher than 4-1, seen no moose no bear

roblikestohunt
10-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Just spent 3 days up lac du bois towards wendego lodge and rushiton creek FSR..Caught some nice fish at Inskip got a few grouse and did a little hunting,Saw a cow moose on the way in and a bear at about 75 yards from camp on Saturday night, Came out sunday morning, and saw a nice 4 point at around 260-300 yds in a cut block not far from where we camp... lifted up the trusty rem 270 and pulled, the little fellar ran like hell, walked up to see if it was a hit, however not a drop of blood within 50 yards.... saw lots of hunters up there heard a lot of shots, but didnt see any game being taken out....Anyone else have any luck in 3-18 3-19 this year....been up greenstone and cherry creek area as buddys got a ranch in Cherry creek, always seemd to be packed with hunters and i got scoped there last year...lol...safe hunting..

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/misc/progress.gif

Caveman
10-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Check out the "Cut Off" road between Inskip road and old Sawmill road, especially at the south end at the fork or just south of that. Always a ton of deer in there.

roblikestohunt
10-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the info will try that area this weekend...