PDA

View Full Version : Loking for a map of 5-13 with zone boundaries.

jonz
09-07-2005, 07:59 AM
I will be hunting 5 13 zone B and haven't yet found a map clearly showing the zone boundaries. Any ideas?

grizz
09-07-2005, 08:20 AM
Those boundaries should be outlined in the Limited Entry synopsis.

grizz

moosecaller
09-07-2005, 10:37 AM
The British Columbia recreational atlas shows the boundaries fairly well, it's in colour and most grocery stores sell them, shows all of B.C. and all mu boundaries. It also show campsites and points of interest. It is a good buy for the money a whole book of maps.

elkster
09-07-2005, 07:05 PM
I will be hunting 5 13 zone B and haven't yet found a map clearly showing the zone boundaries. Any ideas?

I hunted that area 5 years ago. the east end boundary is Bonanza rd. It comes out not too far from the Nazo general store. It runs about 35kms. down to a creek, can't remember the name, but there is a boundary sign there. It shows it quite well in the leh paper. then use recreation altas, or the other book for the carbou region.

Freshtracks
09-07-2005, 07:20 PM
jonz,

go to Wally mart and pickup Volume V - Cariboo You can use the LEH booklet zone maps and transfer them pretty good to the maps from the books. The boundries always follow hights of land and water drainages.

Here's a link - Hmmm maybe others haven't toured the site.

http://www.backroadmapbooks.com/

These map books are great for quick reference.

Fred
09-08-2005, 09:24 AM
You folks should be aware however that the Mussio books do have some glaring errors and even when I notified them of some mistakes in their first edition for the lower mainland, they still have the same errors all this time later. They never did acknowledge my emails or the voice messages I left them. Fred

willyqbc
09-11-2005, 12:45 PM
you have to be extremely careful with 5-13B boundaries, there are several roads on which you can pass from B to C or B to A and back on the same road by crossing over a culvert which holds an unmarked trickle of water which is actually a boundary. This is especially true out at the end of the Lavington road where it crosses Ramsey creek. There are several roads on either side of the creek that cross back into the other zone. If you tell me where you plan on hunting I should be able to help you with boundaries.

Chris

palmer
09-11-2005, 02:04 PM
try the 4300rd off the blacktop to nazko....its thick but boy are there moose in there.