PDA

View Full Version : First Bow kill

Crazypop
09-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Is it me or do you just keep thinking about it?
I must admit, its more recent and my first rifle kill was about 22 years ago. But, I can remember the exact details of this one. I think I may be hoooked!!!:shock:

Bow Walker
10-01-2008, 05:37 PM
It'll never leave you. It may fade a bit, but it'll never go.

I still recall my first rifle kill, my first moose, and my first 'double' when duck hunting.

jrjonesy
10-01-2008, 06:00 PM
I could give a detail description of every big game animal I've ever taken, rifle or bow. Reliving it in your head is part of the obsession:redface:. You were probably more focused and at closer range for your first bow kill which makes it much more personal and satisfying, keeping it forefront in your mind. I think of my bow kills far more than my rifle ones.

tomahawk
10-02-2008, 07:08 AM
I've been lucky enough to take a lot of big game with bow and rifle but the ones I remember all the details on are the 9 bow kills. IMHO nothing on a rifle hunt can match most bow kill experiences.

huntwriter
10-02-2008, 07:26 AM
My first kill is more that 40 years history and I still can remember every single detail of it. The same is true with the last hunt experience I had with my dad before he passed away. These are memories that will stick with you for the rest of your life.

Bow Walker
10-02-2008, 09:05 AM
I don't think that I'll ever forget my first bow-miss either!