PDA

View Full Version : Would Like to Thank Thoughtful Hunters

Vinny
09-16-2008, 12:07 PM
I would like to start by saying that as a hunter orignally from northern Manitoba I am not used to being in such close proximity to so many other hunters. I assumed that it would be a big s**t show with alot of fighting over areas etc. I have found that this is not the case and commend the sportsmanship of hunters in the areas that I have been in(mainly 4-23).

I bumped into a couple of hunters on my way into an areaa where my partner and I have been hunting all bow season and beginning of rifle and all said good luck and that they would try somewhere else. To these guys I say thanks alot.

Three nights ago I took my wife and kids into this area to give them a taste of the elk "screaming" at them(which they enjoyed) and upon leaving we forgot the tailgate of my Jeep open. Unknown to me I lost my $500 camera out the taigate. When I returned for an evening hunt last night I found someone had found it on the road and set it to the side in plain sight for the owner(me) to find it. I really appreciate this and would like to thank the person but don't know who it is, so thanks alot if you read this.

I haven't had a chance at a shot yet but have really enjoyed my first year ever of elk hunting, largely due to the great people hunting in this area. Thanks and keep up the good work!:-D

BCRiverBoater
09-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Nice to hear there are still some honest people out there. I have been hearing more and more stories of the gong shows. Glad to hear there are still some good ones out there.

In4TheHunt
09-16-2008, 12:18 PM
That is true sportsman like conduct and should be recognized.

Way to Go.

Mr. Dean
09-16-2008, 12:25 PM
For every piss-off rant that I've experienced about *other* hunters, your post sums up my experiences best.

The hunting fraternity as a whole, is a pretty good one to belong to. A few can taint anything, be it the medical association or the PTA. :smile:

Glad your experiencing the best!

quadrakid
09-16-2008, 12:37 PM
i hunted that sparwood area a few years back and bumped into a few local hunters on a daily basis,a fine bunch of individuals,even dropped off a nice piece of elk tenderloin at my camp,i can still taste it.

Sitkaspruce
09-16-2008, 01:50 PM
It funny that we all have time to find a fault in others when it comes to most things in life, and then get on the great Internet and tell the world about it, yet when we have something nice happen, we usually keep it to ourselves and pass it off as "life goes on".

That is why I find this such a great post. Thanks for posting something positive in the day and age of "bitching and moaning"

Good to see such great people getting recognition.

Again thanks

Cheers

SS

Avalanche123
09-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Great post. Glad to hear things worked out well for you.

islandstalker
09-16-2008, 04:33 PM
see it isn't ALL dome and gloom out there.
to bad they couldn't do new story about the people who did that for you. maybe they were hunters?

oh well . good story.

jeeper
09-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the thread ! Good to hear positive stories !

Bruce

newhunterette
09-16-2008, 05:23 PM
nice to know there is still some positivity our there amongs the people :)