PDA

View Full Version : RCMP &COs crash turbo Beaver

Lil Buck
09-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Just to let you guys in on the news the RCMP Turbo Beaver most of you have seen flying the COs around crashed sept 13 2008 on Level Lake 70 km west of Dease No one hurt plane is damaged egos are GONE.
FMPC will hopefully be fixed and back out there to watch over all you hbcers.

:p

BCrams
09-15-2008, 08:55 PM
That turbo-beaver is my Dad's pet.

My Dad is in charge of the PG Air Section and he is the reason the turbo-beaver was back patrolling with PG as its base. He spent 5 years working hard to have the turbo-beaver brought back to PG after the last one was written off in a crash. Picked the plane out himself and oversaw all the overhaul job at Viking Air to ensure it was up to his standards. Apparently the good folks tried to track him down after it crashed on Saturday but we were elk hunting .......

He's not a happy camper at all and is pretty PO'd with the pilot as it was obvious he did not follow the landing protocol checklist as evident from the landing wheels being down in the photos we looked at. Something to the effect of not paying attention to what he's supposed to be doing. A very very simple thing that was totally avoidable. On that note - thankfully no one was killed.

He is now dealing with all the damn logistics of recovering the plane. He was only a week into 'leave' which would go through until February when he officially retires but as of today, he has come out of his leave to deal with this.

Gateholio
09-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Glad to hear nobody is badly injured.

Brambles
09-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Here's the plane, seen it last year, absolutly beautiful peice of equipment. Certainly like the Reverse feature.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/Brambles77/IMG_1215-1.jpg

Big7
09-16-2008, 08:27 AM
I was supposed to have coffee with the CO Field Supervisor here in town yesterday but he said he was busy dealing with all the paperwork from the crash - having coffee today instead - should be an interesting story!

Dale
09-16-2008, 07:02 PM
whoa! I was just up there a week and a half ago.

Lil Buck
09-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Here is a pic of what not to do.gear advisary,mirrors,lights windows etc..

Avalanche123
09-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Wow I am glad to hear no one was hurt. I can only imagine the paper work now involved....

houndogger
09-16-2008, 08:12 PM
That is one beauty looking Beaver. Hope your dad gets here up and flying again.

Chameleon
09-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Guess the wheels down had something to do with it....

BCrams
09-16-2008, 08:57 PM
That is one beauty looking Beaver. Hope your dad gets here up and flying again.

He and three others are headed up there next week or the week after to supervise the recovery operation (dependant on when the heavy lift heli is available). Surprising to some of you but it will only be a 2 day job to get it out of there if all goes according to plan and only weather being the biggest deterrent. With the heli at 6250 dollars an hour plus fuel on top of that, it has to be a slick well planned operation to get it done.

With all that organized, he's taken time to elk hunt through the weekend !!