PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats or Lynx in the lower mainland?

tikkat3
09-14-2008, 11:37 PM
My woman was driving down the Fraser hwy near Mt. Lehman rd and she swears she saw a lynx on the side of the road. I quizzed her pretty good to make sure it wasn't a coyote or something, she is convinced she saw a lynx.

Has anyone else seen anything like that in the valley?

Eichelherr
09-15-2008, 12:21 AM
I have heard of bobcats around here (havent seen any myself), but the lynx range, i believe is alot farther north in BC.
________
vaaapp (http://essentialvaaappvaporizer.com)

BearSniper
09-15-2008, 12:58 AM
Tiikat3

Hi,

I 've seen many Bobs here in Abby at night and day.

Many farmers have seen them around the fields too. Fisherman on the Vedder get harrased by them too. The Bobs try to steal their fish.

But Lynx I 'd say are a little rare. I'd think you have to go up toards the Coquihalla toget Lynx.

Just a humble opinoin, but I'd say she saw a very large Bobcat.:-D

Pete
09-15-2008, 05:22 AM
Bobcats at lower elevations. If they are walking look at the feet and tail. Lynx have a single black tip in the end of their tail, Bobcat tails have strips and the underside of the tip has white on it. The front foot on a Lynx is almost as big as your hand while a Bobcat is about the size of a Coyote paw. Both have ear tuffs and beards though the tuffs on a Lynx are more pronounced.

TIKA 300
09-15-2008, 06:06 AM
I live in Deroche,and a friend of my wife that lives out here also,sent her pics of a Bobcat from saturday in their back yard ........

Ive seen 1 out near Cascade falls in Mission 5 years back.

Huey
09-15-2008, 10:05 AM
saw a bob yesterday on the west side of Harrison

newhunterette
09-15-2008, 10:26 AM
My woman was driving down the Fraser hwy near Mt. Lehman rd and she swears she saw a lynx on the side of the road. I quizzed her pretty good to make sure it wasn't a coyote or something, she is convinced she saw a lynx.

Has anyone else seen anything like that in the valley?

it isnt unusal to see a lynx/bobcat here as with all the farms around they have easy pickens - lots of ferel cats as well

we get them all the time - we have a big field at the end of our road and we have all sorts of critters running there because of the cows

I have even been lucky enough to have seen a cougar in Brookswood

Wild one
09-15-2008, 11:26 AM
I have a bobcat that shows up in my yard about once every 2 months and I live on bradner so to see one on Mt lehman dose not shock me at all.

Animal.5
09-15-2008, 11:32 AM
I've seen bobcats and a Lynx lately. The last Bobcat was at Cliff Park in Maple Ridge and about a year ago I saw a Lynx outside out of Pemberton towards Hurley Creek road (it was a big one!). :D

Leaseman
09-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Lots of cougars in Brookswood Alison.......:-P

Barracuda
09-15-2008, 11:37 AM
bobcat in the lower mainland are fairly common but they are pretty stealthy like most cats
I have seen a lynx up a little way out of hope so they are not that far away.

I guess it is not impossible to see a lynx but more likley a bobcat in the valley

steelheadSABO
09-15-2008, 03:38 PM
ive seen lots of bobcats around chehalis river on the side of the road and below the hatchery so they are out there no lynx tho

tikkat3
09-15-2008, 11:56 PM
cool, I've never seen one in person before. nice to know they are around this area.