PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Marc & Marshall!

HighTideChessies
09-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Congratulations Marc and Marshall for a job well-done today!

I got to see Marc handle Marshall to his 3rd straight pass to earn his Junior Hunter (JH) title today in Abbotsford. They were great and passed quite easily. Way to go, Marc! Your hard work is paying off. In a few weeks you'll have a new CKC certificate to frame, announcing "CH HighTide's Pride of the Marsh JH". A nice accomplishment for a first-time chessie owner.:-D

I know hunting season will be a real joy this year. You make a great team!

Congrats again!

Gayle

ps. Emily wants to know if you're going to bake him a pink cake or a blue cake :mrgreen:

lip_ripper00
09-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Go boss go!!! Congratulations to you and marshall for all your hard work:biggrin:

bsa30-06
09-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Congrats, looks like all your efforts are well worth it.I'm sure you and Marshall are going to enjoy many great hunting seasons together.

Kechika
09-14-2008, 09:23 AM
I drove by yesterday..If I realized Marc was there I would have stopped and Heckeled him

newhunterette
09-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Way to go Marshall and best of congratulations Marc - I forgot you were gonna be here dang you should of reminded me I would have come out for sure to cheer Marshall :)

Elkhound
09-14-2008, 11:22 AM
nice job boys......

Sharkey
09-14-2008, 11:25 AM
A proud moment for sure! That's awesome news!!

Marc
09-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks for stealing my thunder Gayle!

I wanted to wait until Sunday to post up as I had planned on running him Sunday if he passed on Saturday or not. Marshall managed to take another two qualifying points this weekend for total of 4, only 3 were required to earn the title of JH (Junior Hunter) but I had already spent the money on gas, entry fees and Ferries so figured might as well run him for fun and experience.

Gayle (the breeder) didn't want me to put up this picture of her and I because she thought that I did all the work and didn't deserve to be in the picture. Well I needed someone to hold the other two ribbons for me. :biggrin:

Her husband can testify that there were many many times and probably more to come that I've called Gayle for advice and she given it to me, hell there was also times I wasn't looking for advice and she gave it to me anyways:biggrin:. Gayle is dedicated to the Chesapeake breed and all her dogs and doesn't give herself enough credit for what she does.

Thanks to Chris, Gayle and her mom (sorry forgot your name) for an awesome supper last night, I'm not sure if I thanked you all last night as I was pretty much exhausted from two long days in the heat.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Gayle_Marc_Marshall.JPG

Had the opportunity to meet up with JimSue (Jim and Sue) and his son Brook. I was taken into their home and made to feel like one of the family. Thanks again Jim and Sue for your hospitality and a place to crash for Friday/Saturday. I'm sure we'll hook up again either over here or back on your side of the pound.

Marc.

Johnnybear
09-15-2008, 11:39 PM
Congrats Marshall, Marc, and Gayle! Great effort for sure. Awesome photo of you three. It takes alot of effort to take a dog that far boss. You should feel real good about it all. Now get him out hunting would ya:smile:.

BigBanger
09-16-2008, 12:37 AM
Good job , well done .

Busterbrown
11-25-2008, 08:16 PM
A Junior Hunt title sounds like a real accomplishment. What exactly does a dog have to do to get his JH Title?

Marc
11-25-2008, 09:31 PM
A Junior Hunt title sounds like a real accomplishment. What exactly does a dog have to do to get his JH Title?

It's a big accomplishment when you've been training your pup for the past 9 months with no hunting experience under his belt just what you've taught him. The actual trials are 2 retrieves to hand on land and two retrieves to hand from water. The retrieves are around the 50-100 yard mark. You have a thrower who blows on a duck call to get the dogs attention, tosses a dead duck, then fires a shot to get the dogs attention. The judge will then say "Dog" and you release your dog to retrieve the bird. This trial is to see if your dog can mark and retrieve birds to hand with little to no guidance. The dog had to pass 3 different trials to earn his juniors hunters qualification.

Marshall was entered in 4 trials over the span two weeks and passed all 4 times. Am I proud of him? Hell yah! He's been doing really well this fall with marking and retrieving birds for his first year. Check this link out for more information on how he's been doing.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=17642

Sasquatch
11-25-2008, 09:34 PM
WTG Marc! That dog is going to continue to make you proud.