PDA

View Full Version : best time for 5-3?

oddsix
09-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Hey everyone

Well i got myself a doe tag for region 5 and we were planning to go up to gang/empire. and seeing as im still in school i cant take off more than 3 days and i got a pro d day on the 24th of october. Do you think that is late enough or wud we be better off to go november sometime?
comment always appreciated

newhunterette
09-13-2008, 02:24 PM
when is your draw date for because thanksgiving long weekend could give you an extra day as well but that is during the second week of Oct.

oddsix
09-13-2008, 03:50 PM
i got oct 1st-nov 31st, so there is def no problem for the doe but need a buckaroo too:)

TimberPig
09-13-2008, 07:57 PM
It really depends upon when the snow starts to hit higher up in the mountains, as to when the deer start moving.

Late October can be good, if the snow hits early enough. If the snow is late, sometimes very few deer move down until quite late. November is normally a good bet though.

There's only been a few light dustings of snow high up in the mountains so far, nothing too significant. There is very little animal movement right now, due to relatively warm daytime temps. The colder nights are helping though with getting them moving at dawn and dusk at least.