Nuff said...

Nalidixic
09-13-2008, 12:29 PM
How many more huntings days are you planning? :P Hope you connect
soon..

Nalid

rocksteady
09-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Back to work on Monday:(:( Then it will be weekends and the occasional evening hunt

ianwuzhere
09-13-2008, 05:47 PM
to make you feel any better ive been out 3 times and have seen nothing legal besides bears and yotes...

Kody94
09-13-2008, 06:02 PM
If it makes you feel better, I'm still unable to even put on a fricken hunting boot. Bwaaaaaa! :cry:

Have been enjoying your daily updates, although I missed a few while travelling on business.

Cheers
4ster

rocksteady
09-13-2008, 06:57 PM
From what I have seen in the last few days, the juniours/seniors are all out in fullforce, driving, hiking, bugling, cow calling etc......As well as with the warm late day temperatures, I think most of the elk have gone nocturnal in the low lands.....

Just my thoughts...No I am not blaming or criticizing, just pointing out what I am seeing...

Tomorrow is my final day, beore I go back to work, so I am hoping for an improvement in sightings...Ahhhhh, the good old days of bow hunting, when I had the whole forest to myself:wink::wink:

Kody94
09-13-2008, 07:05 PM
From what I have seen in the last few days, the juniours/seniors are all out in fullforce, driving, hiking, bugling, cow calling etc......As well as with the warm late day temperatures, I think most of the elk have gone nocturnal in the low lands.....

Just my thoughts...No I am not blaming or criticizing, just pointing out what I am seeing...

Tomorrow is my final day, beore I go back to work, so I am hoping for an improvement in sightings...Ahhhhh, the good old days of bow hunting, when I had the whole forest to myself:wink::wink:

It was the same way last year. It got better again in the last week of Sept/first week of Oct.

Was nice to see all the hunters out, but too many people for me...so I haven't even been road hunting yet this year (assuming - and hearing - its the same this year). Have to go find a remote hike-in area, but that won't happen until next year methinks.

Cheers,
4Ster

M.Dean
09-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Treat each new day even if it's your last day to hunt like the first! Go at it with the same energy as you did on the first day when you were all pumped up and ready to kill! The last hour of the last day can be your lucky hour, good luck!!!

boyd050
09-13-2008, 08:41 PM
It's actually starting to pick up especially for the old guys, they're getting some cows now, today there was a buddy of mine, rockrabbit out there, and he and a fella named merv came across an old guy, 80 years old with an elk down, happy as a clam, busily working on cleaning his elk, well he was going to have a heck of a time getting it out, all his budddies had told him he was nuts cause if he got one no one would help him, NOT SO... anyway long story short between my buddy and merv they got it loaded in the quad trailer and out to his truck for him and away he went...the guy:smile: is 80... gotta love it, makes me realize I have a LONG time to hunt, it's kinda inspirational when you think about it!!! never quit!!!

09-13-2008, 11:11 PM
It's actually starting to pick up especially for the old guys, they're getting some cows now, today there was a buddy of mine, rockrabbit out there, and he and a fella named merv came across an old guy, 80 years old with an elk down, happy as a clam, busily working on cleaning his elk, well he was going to have a heck of a time getting it out, all his budddies had told him he was nuts cause if he got one no one would help him, NOT SO... anyway long story short between my buddy and merv they got it loaded in the quad trailer and out to his truck for him and away he went...the guy:smile: is 80... gotta love it, makes me realize I have a LONG time to hunt, it's kinda inspirational when you think about it!!! never quit!!!

Couple years ago I dragged out a small Whitey buck and loaded it for an old guy and his wife. They would have got it out themselves, eventually, but I just happened along at the right time. He was 80 also and his wife was 77. Great to see. In past years this old dude has shot many trophy elk, sheep, and moose, but he was as happy with that little Whitey buck as anything else he'd ever shot. He was just happy to have a hunting opportunity available that he was still physically capable of doing.

The Hermit
09-13-2008, 11:16 PM

Hey I think I met that guy too... he looks old as dirt but a hell of a nice guy, his hunting partner is 79... we had a good chat. He took one two years ago too! He was our there for a month! Crossbow in the archery season and was switching to a rifle for the senior season! Very cool. Glad he got one!

hunter1947
09-14-2008, 07:04 AM
Keep plugging away Mike it will happen ,you will connect.