PDA

View Full Version : 6-17 Fifth Cabin -Nass River Road - Qweegee Lake?

City Slicker
09-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Hi
I am heading out on Set 21 to explore the hunting in 6-17 to the old Cassier Ghoast town. In my Backroad Map it shows some nice trails just north of the Nass River; a long road into Fifth Cabin and some access into Qweegee Lake. Has anyone been up that way? I have a Truck and ATV. :?

Don in BC
09-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Can't help you on your exact question , but the last time I hunted the Nass area, the CO I talked to said " Hunt in two's and keep your head up. Lots of griz"

Don

City Slicker
09-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks, I have had the odd surprise from a 'friendly' Grizz. Personally I don't look forward to seeing that old friend ever again,unless, I have a government paper with his name on it and a clean shot.:p

threedhunter
09-15-2008, 12:54 PM
that is actually oweegee lake, last time i was there it was almost grown in with cattails. all the side roads really don't go far, they were used when logging was prime, now most are deactivated, ie not accesable at all.
you probably can useyour atv in a few places but be insured as most are bcfs roads that are open.fifth cabin was there 10 years ago but may not be passable now. you could walk it.
lookin for moose?they are there but can be hard to locate, even around the water .when are you going? late sept. or early oct. are best for weather but late oct. early nov. are best for animals.
cassiar town is still closed to visitors due to mine claims etc.
the map book you speak of may not be accurate,get topos of the ares you want to go to, the 1/20,000 size is best and cheapest. you nmight be surprised at what you find out from them.threedhunter.