PDA

View Full Version : Day 12 - Should have stayed in bed

rocksteady
09-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Went to the road closure area this morning, where I had the 2 cows with 2 calves wander by at 140 yards on day 1 of rifles...Took teh 16 year old stepson in, hoping he could pop one with the .243, with me backing up on the 06.

Snuck in, got set up and waited...Nada !!! Walked to the very back end on the road, then cut trail through the open grasslands...Nada....

Suspect, by the tracks that someone had been driving around in there in a Rhino or similar (too wide to be a quad), looks like they may have been doing it in the dark too.....Tracks suddenly veer into the block and stop...Maybe spotting animals in the headlights...:twisted:

Anyways driving home, funky sound from the truck...Burned up the transmission on the Ranger.....So now I have to swap a transmission...Luckily found a rebuilt from a guy at a good price....Never swapped one before...but how hard can it be?????

Like I say, maybe should have stayed in bed....:(:(

Caveman
09-12-2008, 11:36 AM
You're having your adventures are'nt you. Keep it up Rocksteady it will happen. Good Luck!!!

Leaseman
09-12-2008, 12:04 PM
We are all cheering for you and waiting for it to happen!!!

Come on... the suspense is killing us!!

:eek:;):lol:

brotherjack
09-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Wow - maybe I did make the right choice when I slept in this morning!

:)

hunter1947
09-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Its not a problem changing the transmission Mike ,just jump in with all fingers and hands and in no time you will have it changed ,you should have no problems.

It still sucks with what happed to you ,but look at it this way it could have been worse ????? :roll:.

elkdom
09-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Very few elk taken are 'easy' nor do they end up cheap!, you still havent gotten frostbite in your fingers or toes, you havent wrecked your gun, so its all good! keep on trying! lots of time till elk season is over! good luck!!

09-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Suspect, by the tracks that someone had been driving around in there in a Rhino or similar (too wide to be a quad), looks like they may have been doing it in the dark too.....Tracks suddenly veer into the block and stop...Maybe spotting animals in the headlights...

That's extremely irritating in a non-motorized area alright. Makes you kinna wonder about some of those folks...???

Stresd
09-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Have done a few on the 90's era Rangers, 4x4 standard Transmission. And they can be a pain in the ass. And I have a full shop with all the tools.

plumbob
09-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Keep on it rocksteady it will happen.