PDA

View Full Version : My bird dog has been stolen!!

Wildcowgrl
09-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Our dog Chase was stolen from our back yard sometime between 10pm sept,9th and 7am sept,10th. His line was not broken and his collar was nowhere to be found and the clip is not easy to open. We have searched the entire area and can find no sign of him. He is a chocolate lab around 100lbs and just over a year old. He is very friendly and always comes to his name. We are located on Knight Rd in Sardis between Vedder Rd and Chilliwack River Rd. I am not sure if any of you are from my area but if you are please keep your eyes out for him. There is a reward for his return. Me ana the kids want to see him back here asap.

happygilmore
09-11-2008, 03:58 PM
we hope for safe return...

LOC
09-11-2008, 03:59 PM
g'luck with the search - I'd be heart broken if my dog was missing.

Tonto
09-11-2008, 04:03 PM
I am in Chilliwack (off Chilliwack Central)
If you could post a picture I will keep my eyes open.

Hope its not a pattern...hate to see my Springer go missing:icon_frow

Good luck.

Wildcowgrl
09-11-2008, 04:19 PM
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee123/WildCowgrl27/100_1984.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee123/WildCowgrl27/100_1865.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee123/WildCowgrl27/100_1874.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee123/WildCowgrl27/100_1982.jpg

Here are some pics. I think I have more under pics of your dog. This is a diferent computer then the one I normally use so I dont have as many pics on it.

elkdom
09-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Good Luck on your dogs safe return, I was in Chilliwack last week and its not a very nice town anymore, saddly it seems all the trash has moved from Van to the Fraser Valley, I hope he's only lost and not stolen! good luck!

sparkes3
09-11-2008, 05:21 PM
hope you get him back

BlacktailStalker
09-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Thats a real ignorant thing for someone to do, hope he comes home.
Is he microchipped?

Deadeye
09-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Who would steal someone's buddy ?
Obviously not a dog owner.

If you aren't already, keep an eye on local beaches and dog parks as you can. A buddy 'found' his greyhound that way. He was taking his other dog to the park and Lars came running over to his real 'family'. Not much of an argument after that !

I really, really hope you get the chance to catch them 'red-handed'

Like Blacktail said, hopefully he'll decide it's time to come home. I build dog-proof fences and the first rule is: There's no such thing.

+1 on microchips...

houndogger
09-11-2008, 09:37 PM
I hope you find your lab. Keep us posted!

Wildcowgrl
09-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Thankx everyone and yes he is microchipped. I have alerted the RCMP and Animal Control and tomorrow I am also gonna phone the CKC.

Barracuda
09-11-2008, 11:31 PM
i hope you find your dog. if he was kept out on a lead alot of these socalled animal right asshats will steal the dog figureing they are doing the dog a service. report it to the police in other jurisdictions also .

Wildcowgrl
09-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Thankx. The only reason he was out on a lead to begin with is cause we are remodeling the inside of the house and there is no room for him right now inside. We just moved to this place on the 1st of september and yes I have checked to see if he went to the old place for some reason but no he didn't.

Tikka7mm
09-15-2008, 12:58 PM
I can't believe someone would steal your dog...I hope you find him..best of luck.

NEEHAMA
09-15-2008, 01:04 PM
ya sounds like it may be the lab rescue people, doing there wondeful work saving labs around country!!

hope you get him back.

Wildcowgrl
09-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. Chase was returned home to us on Saturday am. Sorry I didn't post sooner but been doin other things to get ready for my moose trip in a few weeks. We are all so very happy he is home and Chase is also very happy. The only thing that seems to be wrong with him is that he has lost about 20lbs. I got a call from the vet sat am saying a lady found him friday knocking kids over at the bus stop trying to play lol. So I called her and she brought him home to us. She just found him friday so not sure where he was before then but we are pretty sure someone let him off or took him to begin with. So now we are in the proccess of building a nice big lockable dog run for when he is outside. Anyone have any suggestions where I can get some used material?

Marianne

sawmill
09-15-2008, 03:05 PM
I`m so glad he is back,I love my guys very much and the man who would steal them might as well shoot himself in the head cause I would if I caught him.

Tikka7mm
09-15-2008, 03:12 PM
glad to hear you found your dog...good luck on your moose trip!

srupp
09-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Great ending.....

Steven

Islandeer
09-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Glad to hear your bud is home....

spreerider
09-23-2008, 08:54 PM
glad you got your dog back,
A friend of mine had her boxer stolen, and one day she was walking across the street and saw her dog in the front seat of a truck.
She had trained him to protect her so she yelled help and her dog went nuts on the guy and chewed up his arm and leg badly, then jumped out of the truck window and ran to his owner,
the guy who stole him ened up in the hospital but didnt press any charges or bring up why a dog attacked him, i just happen to know the nurse who treated him and when i told her the story she told me the guy came in for some stitches.
It may be worth it to train your dog not to walk with people he doesnt know unless you give them the lead.

Deadeye
09-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Missed the update on this thread: great news!
I've tried a few different things and no-climb seems to work the best at keeping our kennel dogs in.

Hmm...couldn't find a link. Anyway, it's called No-Climb fence and is a wire grid with the bottom wire of each square having an upward bend in the wire. When the dog puts it's body weight on the wire, the upward bend puts pressure between the dog's pads and the dog gets down. We've got climbers so we can't use chain link but this stuff keeps 'em in.
Comes in 4,5, and 6 foot. The four foot is ~$1.35/foot and the 6' is ~$1.65/foot IIRC. Local hardware stores can order it in 100' rolls.
I should be able to scan a label from one of our rolls if you want it.

Wildcowgrl
09-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Missed the update on this thread: great news!
I've tried a few different things and no-climb seems to work the best at keeping our kennel dogs in.

Hmm...couldn't find a link. Anyway, it's called No-Climb fence and is a wire grid with the bottom wire of each square having an upward bend in the wire. When the dog puts it's body weight on the wire, the upward bend puts pressure between the dog's pads and the dog gets down. We've got climbers so we can't use chain link but this stuff keeps 'em in.
Comes in 4,5, and 6 foot. The four foot is ~$1.35/foot and the 6' is ~$1.65/foot IIRC. Local hardware stores can order it in 100' rolls.
I should be able to scan a label from one of our rolls if you want it.

That would be great:) Thank you very much for the info. Since we have gotten him back we have been putting him in his kennel in the garage at night, and it is a good thing we did cause the same night we got him back we ended up having someone come onto the property at 1am I startled him when I went outside cause we have installed sensors that alert us when someone comes on the property. Since then all has been quiet

Deadeye
09-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Wow...
If it WAS them, there aren't enough ways to say 'dumb' !

EDIT: Finally !! The last couple rolls we had didn't have labels but we got a couple more rolls in today and another on the way. I gapped on the price a bit: the 4' is about $2/lineal foot and the 6' is about $3/lf. The prices I quoted are for 'field fence' which has smaller holes in the bottom (~4") and larger at the top (~8" maybe). This stuff is WAY heavier wire (12 1/2 ga) and is welded rather than twisted. The holes are 2"X4". This is the only wire we use now, it's well worth the $$

The wire in the label's pic is actually shown upside down, not sure how or why, lol. The 'bumps' need to point up so they put gentle but increasing pressure between the dog's pads as it puts more weight on the wire. We've got dogs that climb chain link easily but I have yet to see one climb this stuff. Of course, we do have one dog that can jump over a 6' fence...

Davis Wire does list a plant in Vancouver somewhere so it shouldn't be too hard to find the stuff.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t143/BlackJackFlint/IMGs/NoClimb.jpg