PDA

View Full Version : Day 11- Almost wet myself.....

rocksteady
09-11-2008, 10:31 AM
So went back to the block that I got my doe in and saw the big 5 point....

Even though I am sure he was a 5, thought maybe I would just go back and check it out again....I had been looking at him with 10 X 50's at 600 yards, so I thought there may be a chance he had a little 1" kicker....Took the spotting scope...

Snuck in under darkness, got set up on the knoll that overlooks the block and waited....

About 7:15 or so I spy a cow coming out of the block, going very slow straight up the openhill , heading for the timber.....

Laid down the legs on my bipod, and clamped my spotting scope to my barrel (neat trick eh??). And watched and waited...and waited...

ABout 4 or 5 minutes after she comes out, all of a sudden a bugle lets off about 100 metres uphill from me...OOOOOOPS...Wet spot!!!!!

I go sneaking up the hill, as I go theres a couple of more bugles and chirps...As I come to the top of the hill, here is a hunter standing there...DAMN....We BS for a few minutes and part ways, I had come up from the bottom, he had come up from the backside of the ridge....

Other than that nothing seen or exciting....Someone else has been in the block (bottom) as there was a bunch of toilet paper and associated piles that were not there a couple days ago...

Did an elevation check on the gPS, was at 1062 m....Almost wish I was over 65:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

hunter1947
09-11-2008, 10:37 AM
So went back to the block that I got my doe in and saw the big 5 point....

Even though I am sure he was a 5, thought maybe I would just go back and check it out again....I had been looking at him with 10 X 50's at 600 yards, so I thought there may be a chance he had a little 1" kicker....Took the spotting scope...

Snuck in under darkness, got set up on the knoll that overlooks the block and waited....

About 7:15 or so I spy a cow coming out of the block, going very slow straight up the openhill , heading for the timber.....

Laid down the legs on my bipod, and clamped my spotting scope to my barrel (neat trick eh??). And watched and waited...and waited...

ABout 4 or 5 minutes after she comes out, all of a sudden a bugle lets off about 100 metres uphill from me...OOOOOOPS...Wet spot!!!!!

I go sneaking up the hill, as I go theres a couple of more bugles and chirps...As I come to the top of the hill, here is a hunter standing there...DAMN....We BS for a few minutes and part ways, I had come up from the bottom, he had come up from the backside of the ridge....

Other than that nothing seen or exciting....Someone else has been in the block (bottom) as there was a bunch of toilet paper and associated piles that were not there a couple days ago...

Did an elevation check on the gPS, was at 1062 m....Almost wish I was over 65:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

To bad about not connecting Rock :icon_frow.

There will be another day for you ,thanks for the up date.

LOL ,I only have 4 years to wait till I am the golden age http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.

BigBanger
09-11-2008, 11:46 AM
I really like your posts Rocksteady . Thanks for them , Keep at it I know you will connect .

huntcoop
09-11-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm starting to get depressed........

elkdom
09-11-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm starting to get depressed........

That dont sound so good, better turn in your guns! lol

elkdom
09-11-2008, 12:01 PM
I seriously love your stories....they are the best!!!!

Now..I really want to know what the piles were....you never said what they were so please finish your story and tell.

Thanx

the piles?? yes and dont forget WE all like pictures! lol

BigBanger
09-11-2008, 12:02 PM
I seriously love your stories....they are the best!!!!

Now..I really want to know what the piles were....you never said what they were so please finish your story and tell.

Thanx

Realy?..... human crap man it was human crap . LOL