PDA

View Full Version : The Doctor Said:

Phoneguy
09-10-2008, 12:14 PM
I have been fighting a extremely sore knee since the spring, getting worse all summer. I hate taking pills, but it got to the point where I was taking an anti inflamitory midway through the day, and a couple of advil before bed. Couldn't even make it up the Falls at Gold Creek over the long weekend.

So I called the Doctors office, thinking they would see me in a few weeks. Doc saw me really quickly (monday). I have a 5-6 day trip coming up to Deka Lake, and I didn't want him to tell me not to go. Told my partners I might have to be a truck hunter (I like the walks). I went to London Drugs and bought one of the neoprene knee braces. It really helps with the pain. I have not needed any pills since about 2 days after starting wearing it.

Doc has ordered xrays, then, depending on what we see, a CAT scan and maybe an MRI (9 month wait). He suspects ligaments/tendons/soft stuff. I mentioned to him the hunting trip. He told me to take the pills with me. Want my buddies to carry game out of the bush, not me. See him when I get back. Then he wanted to know where, and what I was after.

I have a good Doc..

But I may end up doing a lot more truck hunting than I care for....but I still get to go!

Leaseman
09-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Well Phoneguy.... Its about getting out there isn't it!! I am not overly mobile still from my operations this year and doing the roadhunt has been the ticket (Son got his second mulie at 35 yards this way!)

Go and enjoy yourself and do lots of scouting/driving for future endevors!

Mike

hillclimber
09-10-2008, 03:50 PM
well hope the knee holds up and now at least you got an excuse so you don't have to drag any game out lol.

Just curious you said your hunting deka lake, like the one by 100 mile?

Wolfman
09-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Hope it heals up, James.Good luck with that.

Wolfman

newhunterette
09-10-2008, 04:42 PM
James,

look after that knee and follow doctors orders but remember - you are out hunting and doing what you enjoy

straight shooting

Jagermeister
09-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Deka Lake is quading country and a quad will get you off the road with little impact on the knee. And before anyone gets off on a tangent, just forget it.

Phoneguy
09-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Yes, Deka lake up near 100 mile

Don't own a quad, but I have hiking boots. I will just have to make sure what I (hope to) get I can get back to the truck!

James

Th0r
09-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Deka lk. I have a relative living on Womack Rd. Good Luck.

trencher
09-10-2008, 10:10 PM
At least you're getting out there
I'm sure your buddies won't mind helping you out

Phoneguy
09-11-2008, 09:43 AM
At least you're getting out there
I'm sure your buddies won't mind helping you out

That's why they are buddies!

hillclimber
09-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Alright thanks. The reason i was asking was because i spend 2 weeks every summer just one lake over from deka and was wondering if it's just me thats noticing a decline in game or if other people are noticing this too?

ruger#1
09-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Hey phone guy im using this product , And its made in Duncan B.C. http://www.purica.com/products/recovery_formula.htm I have a cracked rib and this stuff is helping with the pain. Its not cheap. Around $65. plus tax for 360 capsuls.