PDA

View Full Version : Region 7: Omineca-Peace Hunting

Jelvis
09-09-2008, 08:07 PM
kkkkkkkkkk--deleted

Machinist
09-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Jel ,
I hunted the Homes River a few times , took one big bull outa there , lot's of Goats in the Surrounding mountians and the Scenery in fantastic , Floated the river in a cartopper , the fishing is excellent , not much fishing pressure on that stretch of water, the thing i did not like about it is the willows they are thick beyond belief makeing bush hunting pretty much impossible , and the valley bottom is full of them as well as the sides of the road up the Holmes and Chalko river , There is also a crazy trapper that lives in there ** GREGO ** hates hunters , he had three mean pit bulls for pets the last time i was in there and they would chase quads and dirtbikes :eek:
There is a small golf course just before the holmes river turnoff i have seen some nice bucks standing on it feeding on the grass , too bad they never seem to go for a walk up the Holmes

Jelvis
09-09-2008, 10:13 PM
------------

Little Hawk
09-10-2008, 05:58 AM
Ha-Ha!

"... rained so hard I could'a swam upwards."

Funny as hell Jel!

Jelvis
09-10-2008, 09:37 AM
kkkkkkkkkkk

Jelvis
09-10-2008, 02:47 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmm

Jelvis
09-10-2008, 06:38 PM
--------------------

Jelvis
09-11-2008, 08:21 PM
oooooooooooooooo

Jelvis
09-14-2008, 03:33 PM

clu__82
09-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks Jelvis ...the info has been awesome....I'll keep reading if you keep sending ;) ...thanks again and I hope all is well

clu__82

Jelvis
09-14-2008, 08:53 PM
oooooooooooo

moosinaround
09-14-2008, 08:55 PM
MU 7-10
Prince George Southwest
Access from Highway 16 via the Blackwater road, 7 km west of Prince George. Extensive access over Westlake road system-Zeke.
Get this: Fair deer and moose hunting avay from ze roads.
Jello-Blackwater road.--MU 7-10
Was in 7-10 getting firewood tonight, along westlake road systems. Hunters, hunters, hunters!!! Deer wouldn't even think of sticking their heads out cause they would get run over!! Head to the hills, stay off the beaten track! Hide and think like a buck, eat, sleep, and RUT!!! Moosin

Jelvis
09-14-2008, 09:14 PM
===============

jml11
09-14-2008, 09:20 PM
MU 7-15
Prince George West
Pretty darn fair moose hunting here. It's Prince, what can I say.
Access from Reid Lake road, which leaves Hwy 16 about 39 km west of Prince George.
Several access roads turn north from Hwy 16 between Prince George and Reid Lake turnoff. Access to northern portion of 7-15 from Teardrop road system from Fort St James, which connects up with Hwy 97 about 25 km north of Prince George.
I hunted in 7-15 around Taginchill Lake and Shamrock Lake and absolutely loved the moosey country hey it's Prince so what do you expect. lol. Jel-MU 7-15

Reid lake road is already within 7-15 and doesn't go very far, the main road to access 7-15 is actually Chief lake road which turns into Ness Lake Road (then Saxton lake road then kay kay FSR) . You cannot access the north portion 7-15 from highway 16, no bridge across the nechako anywhere around there, what map book are you reading from? Some of southern portion can be accessed from highway 16, use th north part of the bobtail. The teardrop system also is accessed from chief lake road. Chief lake road connects to Highway 97 just before you leave the northern city limits. Yes it is moosey country but is hit hard by hunters.

jml11
09-14-2008, 09:35 PM
MU 7-14
Great Beaver

Access from Fort St James along the Teardrop fsr.
You should do good moose hunting in the Great Beaver.
Jelly-MU 7-14--- no teardrops. lol.

7-14 is better accessed from the 200 road (teardrop) off of Chief Lake road, better road and much faster than going all the way to fort st. james first (unless of course you are coming from the west). Jelvis, some of this information you are provinding is not accurate, especially the part about accessing Reid lake road from highway 16, this is impossible. Not saying that you can't provide the information as most is somewhat accurate but I think you need a new updated map book! Better off providing information based on experiences instead of books. I have had nothing but bad lack form canadian tire map books, they are usually way outdated and have incorrect road names, plus they don't recognize which roads are deactivated or washed out (many are these days especially around PG).

jml11
09-14-2008, 09:43 PM
MU 7-11 and 7-12
Naltesby Lake
Large system of roads connects with Blackwater system. Turn onto Bobtail road 54 km west of Prince George on Hwy 16. Fair to good moose hunting, some deer. Also access to 7-11 from Bednesti Lake 45 km west of Prince George on Hwy 16, via Norman Lake road. A few grouse and wabbits. lol. Jel-Naltesby Lake - MU 7-11 + MU 7-12

Don't forget about the Gregg Creek FSR this road is much closer to PG. The Kluskas FSR south of Vanderhoof gives you access to west side. Both of these roads connect to the bobtail as well.

Jelvis
09-14-2008, 10:10 PM
ooooooooooooo

Brett
09-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Jel , do you like the Beave in a boat for moose?
Where's your best pick in 7 for deer?

JML11 isn't it alot faster to take the Salmon fsr off 16 to get to the teardrop? it goes right threw now?

PS I love the info and reading the "code"

BCrams
09-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Mu's in 7
For moose try cut over areas, old burns and stay near water sources.
MU 7-1
Good moose hunting along Hwy 16, east of Moose Lake.
Moose Lake imagine must have moose hey! lol.
Leh--Check your B.C. Hunting regs.
I hunted here back in the sixties it was awsome back then. Now? Should still have great potential.

You need to quit copying stuff from the 1960's hunting guide booklets.

7-01 has been closed to hunting for quite a few years dude.

jml11
09-15-2008, 10:43 AM

JML11 isn't it alot faster to take the Salmon fsr off 16 to get to the teardrop? it goes right threw now?

You can also access the Teardrop system from the salmon, but I don't know if it is any faster, cheif lake road takes you right to the 200 road which is the teardrop, the samlon connects up to 600 road, which isn't in 7-14, you would have to back track south to hit the 200 road before you are 7-14.

The salmon is certainly the quickest access from PG into 7-24 though.

Brett
09-15-2008, 11:15 AM
FEED ME SEYMOUR, FEED ME!:biggrin:

Sitkaspruce
09-15-2008, 11:37 AM

Brett

Great Beaver can be good in the early part of the season, but once the campsite fills up, forget it as it gets pounded by both the residents and the FN camp at the North end of the lake. Much better hunting in the "little lakes" along the Teardrop and surrounding area.

If you are coming from PG, the Chief Lk road is fastest, as JML11 says, if coming from the west then FSJ is the fastest. There is some great hunting in 7-14 just outside FSJ as most people drive to the more heavily logged area around Great Beaver.

Cheers

SS

Jelvis
09-15-2008, 11:54 AM
lllllllllllllllllll

jml11
09-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Some homework for the locals up in Prince etc. Where and what doe's the Herrick River have in common with the above posts? Herrick --Check it then come on down!
MU 7-24
Summit Lake - Carp Lake
Access isn't too hot---but hey the swamp-donkey's except in the northern part is kinda not too good. forget the north part for mooses.
Carp Lake road leaves which highway?---Answer: Hwy 97-
At? ---Answer: McLeod Lake, through northern portion.
Don't take Teardrop to get to south won't work to good and you'll be sheddin teardrops. lol. Gimme a high five!
Bonus: Wabbits and a few(ditch-chickens)local for grouse.
Jel-your pal.
Note: MU's 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 24 and 25 are ?
Well?
Hunted heavily by the local yokels.
The true " Sportspeople! "

Access into 7-24 is actually quite good (you need an updated map book) and there are lots of moose, crankers too, have a buddy who shot a B&C bull there a few years back. Great moose densities throughout not just the north. Lots of recent logging activity and not too much has been deactivated thus far. Lots of blackies and logging trucks.

Access form highway 97: Salmon FSR, 100 and 200 roads (Davie Lake Roads) around bear lake, 400 road, kerry lake road plus a huge network of spures. You can also access it quite easily from the teardrop system, just take the well groomed 600 road spur cross the salmon river and your in! Probably the largest road network in all of the PG m-u's. Great M-U for the road hunter. The north section does have fewer roads and access is not too great, but less hunters and more moose to be had.

Jelvis
09-15-2008, 12:49 PM
llllllllllllllllll

Sitkaspruce
09-15-2008, 02:09 PM
MU 7-25
Fort St James North-"hopefully far enuff from P.G. locals."
Wholley!
MU 7-25 I'll have to get you a book for Christmas-
2000 blank pages of moose in Reg 7--cuz yah know-it-all
Lol. This one should be safe I'll try here goe's--->
MU 7-25
Fort St James-
Bestest hunting from boats-Matey!--@--West end--not Vancouver---> Stuart's Lake <---///== Geez-->
Mostly moose. What else do yah need? Moose meat matey
Actually the lake hunting sucks, I have lived there 15 years and have never seen a moose on the lake. The odd track, but not what you would expect for the lake. It is too big and would be very hard to hunt. Stay off the lake unless you know it, have experience in a big body of water and have a good sea worthy boat

For you Road Warriors, along the north side of Stuart from Stuart Lake Park road from Fort St Jamey's.
Not sure where this road is. The North side of the lake is the Tachie hwy, goes to the Tachie reserve and access Leo Creek FSR. Very tough hunting here as very little access and mostly small hills with rock faces and slides.

Now if your a southerner try the south side via Whitefish Lake road to try your hot 4 by 4, down that off road trucker.
The Cunningham FSR access some of the best moose hunting around. Tons of 10-15 to cutblocks and a million different roads. Just watch out at calf season as one year, it was estimated there was 500 hunters in this area.

Road access to the Tezzi (local for) Tezzeron Lake via Omenica access road from (Charles) local for Manson Creek road, 6.25 km north of Pinchi Lake access, which lies 26 km north of Fort St James. The moose huntins ok but nothin to write home about. Are ya still with me?
Actually the access to Tezzeron lake is off the Pinchi lake FSR, which is 22 km off the North road, an all season, gravel extension of highway 27. Some good moose on both lakes (pinchi and tezzeron) as there is lots of small bays and flats. Some good laker fishing in both lakes as well. Other wise not a lot of territory to hunt.

Access east of the Fort ( local for) Fort St James via the Teardrop again along the south edge, Eddy of 7-25.
The Carp Lake-McLeod Lake road runs like a deer through the northern section, joining Charles again (local for)
Nope, wrong again. The road that runs along 7-25 and 7-14 is the 100 rd, which does NOT join up with the North road. Access is from 5.5 km on the North Road, then stay left at the junction with the Teardrop FSR at 11 km. This road access a ton of roads and has good moose hunting. You can take the 400 rd and join up with the Teardrop Oop FSR in 7-24.

Manson Creek road 52. km north of Fort St James-
Damn, guess what...yup wrong again. Manson Creek is at 130 km or so. There is the about 10 rd that access 7-25 before you get into 7-26/28.

Summary in there: Fair to middlin on the moose hunting.
Not sure where you got this info from, but this areas has great moose hunting, hence the # of bull draws and odd of getting one.

Jel-now hopefully the experts who, with the only current up to the minute best maps in the world will agree, for at least once about moose hunting in MU 7-25.
NOPE

Fort St James North- Silence is Golden--Let's be rich-please.

Cheers

SS

Jelvis
09-15-2008, 05:31 PM
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Jelvis
09-16-2008, 04:35 PM
oooooooooooo

Jelvis
09-17-2008, 02:43 PM
mmmmmmmmmmm

Jelvis
09-18-2008, 05:00 PM
ooooooooooo

Jelvis
09-18-2008, 05:26 PM
lllllllllllllllll

Jelvis
09-19-2008, 01:39 PM
kkkkkkkkkkkk

Jelvis
09-19-2008, 01:54 PM
kkkkkkkkkkkkk

BCrams
09-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Are you drunk Jel?

Gateholio
09-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Do you htink there will ever be a deer season in October?:eek:

daycort
09-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Are you drunk Jel?

I was thinking the same thing. I guess I better go for a drive and see what happened to all the other critters I usually see everyday in this unit....And I think the north boundrie for the unit is the 143 road.

daycort
09-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Jel your knowledge of say units 7-35,36,42,43,44 is frickin waaaay out to lunch and anyone making plans to go hunting on this post better reconsider.

Jelvis
09-19-2008, 02:38 PM
ppppppppppppp

daycort
09-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Its mle 126 don't turn at 128 its a swamp.

Jelvis
09-19-2008, 03:07 PM
pppppppppppp

bigmike
09-19-2008, 03:11 PM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

daycort
09-19-2008, 03:16 PM
First of all making fun of my user name is not very good. It stands for my first 2 kids name. And yes I do know these units a hell of alot better then you as I spend an average of 18 days a month in them every month for the last 10 years.
I just think that alot of newbies hang on to your every word and if they go to these units with all your miss information they will be disapointed. And another thing check your regs again there is alot more to hunt in 7-44 besides moose and mule deer.

I think you should stick to the country you know. I see SitkaSpruce has set you straight on some of his back yard units as well.
Jelvisisoutofhiselement
daycort out.

Jelvis
09-19-2008, 03:43 PM
pppppppppppppp

daycort
09-19-2008, 03:53 PM
MU 7-35
Dunlevy Creek---Hey!
Fair to good moose hunting, fair late deerhunting.
Access: from Beryl Prairie Road, Farrel Creek Road, and 95 Road west from Hwy 97 at Mile 95 (km 152). Private land.
Jelly-bab-7-35-Dunlevy Creek

Okay Jel I will play your dumb game.

7-35:
Moose hunting slow due to die off of 07.
Deer hunting can be good, if ya bow hunt the september season. November deer season finds the deer on private land enjoying the hay crops. get permision Before ya hunt.
Elk is fair.
Lots of wolves and black bears. Griz to.

Jelvis
09-19-2008, 03:55 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

daycort
09-19-2008, 03:56 PM
MU 7-36---Could be the right mix ---
Peace Reach --------------------------
Moose and goat----------------------- fair hunting
Closed to stone sheep hunting within certain distances of ?
Williston Lake lol. Jake, gottcha lol.
How far from zee lake, Kate? Check regulatory stuff Amigo I can't tell ya everything--maybe a one mile, lol?
Boat access from via Peace Reach.
Jelvis's summary: Give Peace Reach a chance, hunter.

Moose from what I hear is not bad on the lake side.
Sheep very late as a winter ground.
Haven't seen a goat for a long time.
Elk hunting good trophy potential high, get off the beaton path. thick very thick hunting.

bigmike
09-19-2008, 03:56 PM
ive seen some huge bull moose way out on the milligan.....also seen the biggest bull ive ever seen on the dahl road last year

daycort
09-19-2008, 04:00 PM
MU 7-42
Sikanni Chief West -----West of-----SIKANNI CHIEF----->
Get this---Good moose hunting
elk hunting poor
fair stone sheep and goat hunting pilgrim!
Poor access again via roads west from:
Highway 97 at:
Mile 171 (Km 274) and Mile 178 (Km 285)
Best hunted with horses or by flying in to one of zee lakes.
Sikanni Chief West--MU 7-42
Jelly-West of ze lake. lol.

Elk hunting very good
Moose hunting good
Sheep hunting is good in certain areas. the sheep guys know what drainage I am thinking of.
Best option for hunting is probably atv's on redfern lake trail. hike after that as a trail law is in tacked.
horses is an option as well. feed can be aproblem as lots of people go in there before hunting season and the elk are like cattle.

Jelvis
09-19-2008, 04:02 PM
lllllllllllllllllllllll

daycort
09-19-2008, 04:03 PM
MU 7-43 --R U going all the way? Or---there and back = >
Halfway River
Good moose hunting, some caribou, the bou bulls
Try heading in via 95 road and 143 road at ------?
Pink Mountain.
Jelly beans--good moose-I'll meet you at the---> Halfway.

Moose hunting has been not as good the pat 2 years. hunt hard and yuo will find them.
Caribou hunting is very poor.
Elk hunting fare around private land.
lots of wolves and bears

daycort
09-19-2008, 04:06 PM
MU 7-44
Pink Mountain
Fairly good moose hunting
Access to southern part:->
Via 95 Road west from Hwy 97 at mile 95 (Km 152)
Access also from Mile 132(Km211)Road, Mile 143(Km229)Road, and mile 147 (Km 235) Road.
Only other thing you can hunt other than moose is ?
Mule deer hunting late season. What lives where U hunt?
Jelly beans--In the PINK--MU 7-44--Swamp Donkey+Mule. c ya.

fair moose hunting 147rd is not in 7-44.
deer in cutblocks is good during bow season. they move to private land for november.
elk hunting good.

daycort
09-19-2008, 04:07 PM
MU 7-45----- Rodney Dangerfield's hunting grounds --->
Jedney Oilfield
Got something against Oil---+---Field? Jedney.
Good moose hunting via access road north from 97 at Mile 128 and another just a little bit farther and a little more diesel @ Mile 135. These roads connect-
and other roads to drive on into a maze of hunting grounds, disected during driving delightful dirty dusty drainages directed to Jedney Oilfields-Pilgrim into a maze of seismic lines.
Only three more MU's left but I'll wait for an outside post.
Get this! Hold onto your seats cuz (Special MU's) coming-
Yes ---the -- Beatton River, Sikani Chief North--and drums
Starts with Mus-ends in kwa and is all wet. lol. Jels-bells

best bang for your buck unit if not familiar with area.
bear, elk and moose all good.

daycort
09-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Yah Looky just tapped me on the shoulder. I guess the
Beatton River MU 7-46
Main access also from now get this pardner ---->--+---->
Milligan Creek Road from the Rose Prairie.
Milligan good place for Mulligan Stew--Jel-Milligan
Just got some info on Tuchodi-Muskwa and Toad River.
I'll throw that on later-aligator-after awhile-crocodile. lol

lots of cutlines and best access from milligan creek road.
moose good. most roads are all wehter roads.

Jelvis
09-19-2008, 04:12 PM
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

daycort
09-19-2008, 04:17 PM
MU 7-47
Milligan - Fontas- and ?
Poor to fair moosin gotta wait til freeze-up for decent access from Milligan and Fontas road systems if yah know the local private roads.
Otherwise go up via the Mile 73 (KM 117) Road.
Jelly-poka-fontas. lol.

best access is the fontas road and the mile 115 rd Tommy Lakes FSR.
moose is good and most roads are all weather roads now. lots of cutlines for the atv.

bigmike
09-19-2008, 04:17 PM
MU 7-47
Milligan - Fontas- and ?
Poor to fair moosin gotta wait til freeze-up for decent access from Milligan and Fontas road systems if yah know the local private roads.
Otherwise go up via the Mile 73 (KM 117) Road.
Jelly-poka-fontas. lol.

the wild mint connector:mrgreen:

daycort
09-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Most roads in these areas are good info Jelvis just some out dated info is all.

don't know much about the rest of the units so some else will have to help ya.

Jelvis
09-19-2008, 04:25 PM

Jelvis
09-19-2008, 06:38 PM
kkkkkkkkkkkkk

jml11
09-19-2008, 06:59 PM
MU 7-50 -----Two chodi's ----+
Tuchodi-Muskwa
You want boat ride on river from Muskwa or
Fly-in or horsey ride?
Don't be hunting in the Muncho Lake Park area pardner.
Animals?
fair moose
fair goat
fair caribou
And
Good sheep
Good elk
Tuchodi-Muskwa MU 7-50---Gotta do it!
Jellness.

Pretty sure Muncho lake park is in 7-51 not 7-50. And I think you can hunt the park just not within 1600m of the highway (which unfortunately takes up a lot of the park anyways). The regs says this only limited to sheep and goats also.

Jelvis
09-19-2008, 07:07 PM
ooooooooooooooooo

Sitkaspruce
09-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Jelly-lost-in-region-7...what about the rest of region 7??????

I have been sitting here laughing away at your attempt to BS the new hunters here with your babbling. I was looking for the rest of region 7. I really hope that all the new hunters get better up to date info on region 7....or they might be looking for the one who sent them on a wild goose chase.....:eek::shock:;)

oh....and are you drunk or.....is old age setting in????:razz:

SS

jml11
09-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Yes I've been waiting for the 'accurate' information you can provide for 7-6, 7-7, 7-8, 7-13, 7-16, 7-17, 7-18....etc...

todbartell
09-19-2008, 09:07 PM
MU 7-13
Gods country

Access north of Vanderhoof along hwy27.
few moose, no elk, odd deer, lots of bears.
Toddy-MU 7-13--- bring whiskey. lol.

todbartell
09-19-2008, 09:14 PM
MU 7-12A
Kenny Damn -----South of-----hooterville----->
Get this---Good grouse hunting
moose hunting poor
fair black bear and deer hunting chief!
Great access via roads from:
Holy cross FSR at Lejac
70km south to the Dam, trout as long as your arm
Best hunted with powerful atv's or by F350 spotnstalk
Close to hooterville lots of barb wire and hicks
Toddy-follow the geese lol

bigmike
09-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Jelly-lost-in-region-7...what about the rest of region 7??????

I have been sitting here laughing away at your attempt to BS the new hunters here with your babbling. I was looking for the rest of region 7. I really hope that all the new hunters get better up to date info on region 7....or they might be looking for the one who sent them on a wild goose chase.....:eek::shock:;)

oh....and are you drunk or.....is old age setting in????:razz:

SS

x2:eek:been in that region LOTS.........he must be reading out of a mid 80s mapbook

Jelvis
09-20-2008, 03:47 PM
kkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Jelvis
09-20-2008, 05:22 PM
oooooooooooooooooooo

todbartell
09-20-2008, 09:08 PM
http://www.topnews.in/health/files/Smoking-marijuana.jpg

Jelvis
09-20-2008, 09:23 PM
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

elkdom
09-20-2008, 09:39 PM
http://www.topnews.in/health/files/Smoking-marijuana.jpg

Is it possible someone could be "OVER-MEDICATED"??? lol

Jelvis
09-20-2008, 09:43 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooooo

Jelvis
09-20-2008, 09:53 PM
pppppppppppppppppp

Jelvis
09-20-2008, 10:01 PM
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Jelvis
09-20-2008, 10:09 PM
ooooooooooooooooooo

Jelvis
09-20-2008, 10:18 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jelvis
09-20-2008, 10:40 PM
ooooooooooooooooo

SLIK
09-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Turn south from 97 north of McLeod Lake 15 km onto the Parsnip road for access to north end of 7-16.
There you have it, all done like dinner--Parsnips and moose meat. Jelly-bean-bye, by.-c ya in the spring.lol.

The road is washed out.

heybert
09-23-2008, 11:15 PM
This may be the best way to find out, but is there another way to access 7-18 on the other side of the Mcgregor other than through Sinclair Mills or Sandi Road?

Jelvis
10-12-2008, 03:08 PM
llllllllllllllllllllllllll

Waltscandy
10-13-2008, 12:52 AM
Looking for some info for 7-16, Otter Lake area. Used to hunt there every year when I was a kid with my late father and his friends. Was a fly-in only at the time but I'm sure with all the logging you could drive right up to the old cabin now if it would still be there and if you knew the roads........feeling nostalgic

Jelvis
10-13-2008, 04:48 PM
lllllllllllllllll

Waltscandy
10-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Jelvis,
Yes, they were some great memories!!
Started going there when I was 8 years old, have not been in probably close to 20 years!! All the stories of every ones hunt written on the walls of the cabin every year...............what I would not give for one of those pieces of plywood from the walls of that old cabin!

The stories I could tell............

Jelvis
10-15-2008, 08:45 PM
==============

Waltscandy
10-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks Jel,
I will do it again, it's just a matter of figuring out the mish-mash of roads in that area. Sure as hell not a fly-in area anymore!!

Jelvis
10-17-2008, 07:27 PM
----------------

jml11
10-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Looking for some info for 7-16, Otter Lake area. Used to hunt there every year when I was a kid with my late father and his friends. Was a fly-in only at the time but I'm sure with all the logging you could drive right up to the old cabin now if it would still be there and if you knew the roads........feeling nostalgic

I believe the otter FSR was deactivated about 3 years ago, Canfor pulled out some bridges. don't quote me on it though. There have been a lot of deactivations in the McGregors of late and many more to come soon as no one is logging up there anymore andthe road permits are being pulled.

Waltscandy
10-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks Jelvis and jml11,

I definitely want to give it a go, summer sounds like a good idea!!
If the roads get deactivated are they absolutely unpassable or maybe atv or offroad vehicle of some kind would do the trick?

Walt.

jml11
10-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks Jelvis and jml11,

I definitely want to give it a go, summer sounds like a good idea!!
If the roads get deactivated are they absolutely unpassable or maybe atv or offroad vehicle of some kind would do the trick?

Walt.

Contractors are supposed to recontour the slopes to 2:1 to allow ATV access and some trucks may be able to pass as well; however if large bridges were pulled on big streams, crossing may be an issue.

Jelvis
05-05-2009, 11:40 AM
============

Jelvis
07-20-2009, 10:42 AM
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Evolution
08-06-2009, 12:06 AM
I cant make much sense out of this post, but Im wondering about 7-13 and early moose?

todbartell
08-06-2009, 08:31 AM
7-13, try north shore Fraser Lake, Stuart river......Barlow Lake rd. Get off the roads and find thee moosh

Jelly roll

mxracer328
08-06-2009, 12:22 PM
as much info on 7-18 that you can throw at me would be great, buddy got a griz draw and we've been lookin and gathering info like crazy

jml11
08-06-2009, 12:29 PM
as much info on 7-18 that you can throw at me would be great, buddy got a griz draw and we've been lookin and gathering info like crazy

Lots of bears in 7-18 in the fall, a buddy of mine had the draw last year, he went out every weekend and finally connected late in the year. Unfortunately I can't offer much info as his wife has the draw this year so they will be back in there.

What I can tell you is that he never saw any from the truck or in cutblocks, all the bears he saw were way up high, sometimes in inaccessible areas, so be willing to hike.

drakfero
08-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi , guys , how does it look like there in 7 - 40 with spike moose , elk and grizzly? It will be my 1st trip up north :)

drakfero
08-07-2009, 08:24 PM
so nobody knows? :)

demlake
08-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi drakfero

If you do a search for "7-40" you should find some threads discussing that area.

Search for "7-38" "7-39" as well.

drakfero
08-08-2009, 08:20 PM
I've tried even on google but there is not much said about the region. I've found just stats about poeple getting attacked by grizzly => shot grizzlies after attack and removed ftom the area and that is about it. Nothing much closer to use for fall grizzly hunt I got in LEH

demlake
08-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Did you search here on this forum?

I haven't been up there in 20 years, so I can't help you.

But the threads here at least have some info, and maybe a contact or two?

drakfero
08-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Anyone else got grizzly for fall 2009 in 7-40?

Jelvis
04-20-2010, 06:35 PM
ooooooooooooo

richmondman
07-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Hi pros,
Do you know any cabin/campsite for base camp at 7-42?
Thank you

Hunterdev91
11-07-2016, 03:24 AM
Can anyone point me in the direction of some good Deer spots in the Peace region around Chetwynd and Dawson Creek? I haven't had any luck so far and will only have one more chance to get out before season ends. I'll be coming to the peace region around Chetwynd and Dawson Creek area. Hoping to harvest something. If you could help me out with any inclination where to start looking that would be fantastic. Thank you!