PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in Omineca Zone: Sections 7-1, 7-2, 7-3, 7-4

clu__82
09-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Hey all,

I have been a lingerer of this site for a while when I was down in MN but now I am back in Alberta and much closer to BC so I would like to ask for some help. Since going down to MN 6 years ago my dad and I haven't been able to hunt. Now that I am closer we want to make a trip. My dad is in Kelowna and I am in Leduc , AB (Edmonton). We have looked at the map and decided that Valemount or McBride would be our meeting point. Since I just started a new job I don't have any vacation time yet. So, I would be leaving a friday (hopefully sooner than later) after work (5pm ish) and it takes about 5 1/2 hours to get there, so arriving around 11-12 ish. My dad would leave Kelowna and be up there sometime earlier being that he can take time off. Anyways, we would hunt all day Saturday, and spend 3/4 of the day hunting on sunday before I would have to leave to get back to work for monday. Being that I have to drive through Jasper, we would like to do it soon before the weather gets too crazy. Therefore, has anyone hunted the area? Where is it good hunting ETC if you only have 1 1/2 days to hunt? ANy tips? We would be more than likely hunting for deer (mulies or whitetail) ...I may get a archery tag as well (not sure yet) and also grouse. So please if anyone could help me out that would be most appreciated. I hope the early seasons are going well. I can't wait to hunt with the old man again. It's been a while.

THanks

Clu__82

jml11
09-09-2008, 06:13 PM
First off are you even a BC resident (with BC hunter #)? If not your dad needs a permit to accompany to even allow you to come along (assuming of course he has BC hunter #)? Probably too late to get it at this point.