PDA

View Full Version : Lost wallet= lost hunting licence & firearms licence

Derp
09-09-2008, 09:05 AM
I just lost my wallet last night with everything in it along with my firearms licence and hunting licence. Not to mention the jackass that found it used my credit card, Its gonna be a pain to get everything back. Has anyone ever had to go through replacing their firearms and hunting licence? If so, can anyone lead me in the right way? Will I still be able to use my unused tags that were on my licence? Thank you

newhunterette
09-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Derp - you should go to a government agent office (there is one in Chilliwack) and fill out a form for replacement - they will give you a temp like they do for your drivers license but there is a fee for this. Also go to motor vehicle to replace your drivers license. You will have to contact your bank regarding your credit cards and banking cards. It is a pain to do but has to be done.

good luck - sorry about your loss :)

huntwriter
09-09-2008, 09:22 AM
That sucks ditch water big time. Do as newhunterette suggest, and do it today. My wife lost her wallet two weeks ago, the moment she realized it she cancelled all credit and bankcards over the cell phone on the way home. In these situations every second counts.
I always keep my licenses, tags and PAL in the gunsafe and when I go hunting I put them in a special wallet that I can hang around my neck under the shirt or jacket. Keep it close to my heart.

Good luck, you needed it.

rishu_pepper
09-09-2008, 09:22 AM
tikkat3 lost his stuff a couple months ago, you should PM him and ask how he went around the problems.

Sorry about your loss, I lost my wallet a couple times back in school and it's a PITA. :mad:

Dirty
09-09-2008, 09:34 AM
I have lost my PAL before and hunting license. You can just go sign an form at any retailer to get a replacement license that you can pay for. However, you need to go on the CFC website and download a replacement license form. Look at your registration certificates to get your PAL license number. Use it to fill out the form and check off the lost license type. I believe the fee is $25. That faster you fill it out the faster you get it back.

http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/online-en_ligne/form-assistance/indiv_forms/718_e.asp

Follow this link to download the form.

** Remember to contact the CFO of BC and/or your local RCMP detachment to notify them of your lost PAL and to cancel it.

Derp
09-09-2008, 09:34 AM
thanks guys

tikkat3
09-09-2008, 10:49 AM
I went through this, some shit rat broke into my locker at the gym and stole my wallet.

First thing to do is download that form from the cfc site and send that back east to get your pal again.
Then dust off your birth certificate and passport and go to the service bc office, I know there is one in chilliwack and another in maple ridge I believe. Tell them your story, and they will give you another hunters# on the spot. At the same time ask them if they can replace your current hunter's licence as it is an OFFENCE to buy another one I'm pretty sure they can replace that on the spot.

(I didn't know this, and bought another licence and tags, and am trying to clear it all up, sent my old licence and photocopies of my new licence and all my ID with a signed statement of what happened after I recieved my wallet in the mail to the gov't office in victoria, etc, hoping it doesn't mess up my hunts this year)

Derp
09-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Just got off the phone with a lady at the CFC and she told me she will just send me a new one and I don't need to send in anything even though normaly I would.. All I need is to visit that maple ridge office and get me the hunting licence. Things are starting to look better :)

Tikkat3, did you have to pay for the tags again or do they have them on file.. Just wondering.

Thank you again,

BigBanger
09-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Hey derp , sorry to hear about your wallet , but .. how was your hunt this weekend ?? Do you have any pics of the bear you took last weekend ??

tikkat3
09-09-2008, 02:19 PM
no, I didn't read the regs that said it is illegal to buy a second licence. I hadnt bought any tags on the original licence at that point anyway, so I just bought another licence and tagged up. That's what I'm trying to get to the bottom of right now, as I am an evil law-breaker and I don't want them taking my truck or something.

Derp
09-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Hey derp , sorry to hear about your wallet , but .. how was your hunt this weekend ?? Do you have any pics of the bear you took last weekend ??

I'll put up a report tonight, as the pics are on the gf's camera.. Thx for the heads up.

Avalanche123
09-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Sorry to hear that. I keep my hunting licence separate from my wallet for that main reason. I've lost or misplaced my wallet too many times.

I hope this works out for you

kjohn
09-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Bad deal to lose that stuff. I don't use a wallet. I carry my driver's licence and some cash in a back pocket, my debit cards etc in one of those tough little paper envelopes in another pocket. My hunting/fishing licenses are usually carried in a baggie in another pocket. Haven't lost anything .... yet.:tongue::tongue:

sparkes3
09-09-2008, 08:46 PM
replacment for species book is ten bucks they will just write duplicate on it.(any outlet that sells them)then you just gotta buy the tags again.i had to do it last year.

ElectricDyck
09-09-2008, 09:07 PM
My bro in law just lost his in 3:32, pretty sure it's still lying by the out house, anyway he lives in Quesnel and went to the service bc or canada (can't remember?) and they helped him get everything started for numerous pieces of id.

happygilmore
09-10-2008, 06:40 AM
70$ for new D.L. ,Care Card, Hunters #, Hunting Licence, goat tag, bear, mulie. Just lost mine...1st time in 30 yrs? sucks!