PDA

View Full Version : Too many 3 points,no 4 points.

Big Bucks
09-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Just got back from the Carpenter Lake area and saw alot of 3 points , only a few 4 points .Usually I see alot of 4 points , I know the weather was bad , it rained 2 days straight maybe that had to do with it , i hope it wasn't genetics . I like to know if anyone else is seeing alot of 3 points in the area ? Oh ya the motor bikes are destroying the alpine .

kennyg826
09-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Oh ya the motor bikes are destroying the alpine .[/quote]

I hate it when people do this:frown:. They are going to ruin it for us.

Jelvis
09-08-2008, 06:41 PM
How in heck does a motor bike get up into the sub or your saying Alpine. What? How on this earth can a bike go up through all that forest below? Jel-u-gotta-b-joshin-me-
You saw only three points? Whoa. How does Carpenter look these days? Jel-Carpenter Lake and beyond.

Everett
09-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Saw a nice 3 point up carpenter lake on saturday luckily he had a buddy who was a four point:biggrin: We are cutting him up right now.:biggrin:

Big Bucks
09-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Jel there are so many trails going into the alpine , from old guides to prospector's , hunter's ... the bikes nowadays can go almost anywhere . Kenny i'm not trying to ruin motor biking i'm just saying there is no place for bikes in the alpine , they destroy ground that takes years to grow and rip all over the place , and not to mention destroy really good hunting area's . I say if you want to see the alpine get off your butt and start hiking or get a horse. There are plenty of roads to ride on or go to a track . Oh ya Jel Carpenter still looks good it always has .

BigBanger
09-08-2008, 11:35 PM
I was up high there this weekend , walking through the trees and there were bike tracks all over in the middle of no where . I see guys like you are seeing bucks up there but we only saw one 4+3 and a spike . Saw some bears on the other side of the lake on our way back to Pemberton . Are you seeing these bucks from a blind ? What hunting method are you using up there ?

Big Bucks
09-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Spot them very early morning , or late evening , afternoon can be nap time or if you want you can slow walk through the timber patches , only thing about that is you don't usaully get a good look at them . Anywhere around carpenter lake is good , or around Goldbridge .there use to be good hunting around the fraser too . Bigbanger did you end up getting the 4 point ? How about the weather last weekend brutal.

Shooter Jr.
09-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Not much 3 spikes here but I would love to see them though

BigBanger
09-09-2008, 10:29 AM
No I dident pull the trigger , it was just the time when I couldent see through my scope . Mabe five minutes outa shooting light , it was close . We stayed on fish lake and I used the afternoon for a little fishin while waiting for lunch . Then the whole day was spent in the trees and glassing blocks . I think it will get better when it gets colder and there are less dirt bikes up there .

Big Bucks
09-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Ya i sure hope so .

Laurence_Erickson
09-09-2008, 09:58 PM
sounds like you were in the shulaps . I was ther two years ago and was discusted to find bike tracks in the alpine.they weren't there when I was or I would have got one for sure.