PDA

View Full Version : Manning Park Area

drakehunter
09-07-2008, 09:59 PM
hey there, im new to province and went camping a few weeks ago at lightning lakes in manning park and noticed you can hunt part of the park in the fall. Does this area/park see alot of pressure when it comes to deer hunting? or am i better to head farther north?

sfire436
09-07-2008, 10:03 PM
If you are hunting deer I would go farther east. Manning is still pretty thick brush but once you get past east gate thinks open up quite a bit. I know lots of guys that do well in the east gate area

David Heitsman
09-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Where did you find out that you could hunt places in the Park?

One of my top 5 big mule deer sightings was a few years back close to the Westgate as this monster muley crossed in front of me heading south.
I pulled over and watched him for a while as he broused up on of those avalanche turning chutes. As I watched him I was trying to figure out some way to get him but there was way too many rules getting in the way on that guy.

I have always suspected that they would be more blacktail size like I see around Hope but this was a full on mule deer.

As to Eastgate, I have hunted the knobs on the north side of Highway
3 just east of Eastgate and kicked up lots of deer but no 4 pts yet.

Buckluck
09-08-2008, 09:04 PM
I would make sure you have good maps, as only a portion of the park in 2-17 is open. All the areas accessable from Hwy 3 are always closed to hunting.

jeeper
09-08-2008, 09:20 PM
As to Eastgate, I have hunted the knobs on the north side of Highway
3 just east of Eastgate and kicked up lots of deer but no 4 pts yet.

Ive hunted a few times in through that same area ! Some very very large body deer but no succes at seeing anything more then a 2x2 !

Bruce

Gun Dog
09-09-2008, 09:06 AM
I was under the impression that Manning Park is entirely within MU 2-1 and there's no open season for anything in 2-1. My Backroads mapbook shows that too (they're exactly aligned except where the park follows the 4 Brothers ridge and 2-1 goes North following Copper Creek). 2-17 is outside the park and the Cascade Recreation Area is in 8-5.