PDA

View Full Version : Elk in FSJ

09-07-2008, 02:02 PM
hi guys.
Just wondering what it's lookin like up there?
anyone been yet?
anyone live there who could let me know how the elk supply is looking,
most likely coming up on friday and am looking for some news.
pm me if you would like.

John.

bwhnter
09-07-2008, 08:36 PM
The bulls are starting to bugle pretty good. Alot of hunters in the traditional elk hot spots so alot have gone nocturnal or have moved into the heavy timber. Not a ton of bulls shot but more than average for sure. I have a friend who owns land in one of the hot spots and on the second day of the season he had people passing each other in his drive way coming to ask for permission. He got so tired of answering the door that he took his family to town for the day. Still lots of elk you just have to work harder for them.

Bwhnter

BCRiverBoater
09-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Quiet...there are no elk here. Except the one my buddy got for a friend this morning in one of our spots.

Buddy let out a bugle and I guess the bull went nuts about 300 yards out. After about 20 minutes they had him at 70 yds. It was the guys first elk. I saw them at 2 pm and he still had a sh*t eating grin from ear to ear. I heard the story about 10 times while I was there.

We were out yesterday and did not see or hear anything so they went to a different spot this morning and had a dead elk by 7 am. They were home by 10. Nice easy hunt.

mark
09-08-2008, 07:07 PM
I got word from 2 buddies up there that were tagged out by day 2, they said the most hunters they've ever seen, gun shots all day long, elk are getting hammered pretty bad according to him!

BCrams
09-08-2008, 09:01 PM
870 -should have yourself a good hunt! Just get off the beaten path like Mark will be doing and you will increase your odds of getting an elk!!