PDA

View Full Version : when do you start hunting

bckev
09-07-2008, 07:24 AM
I am curious when most guys start hunting. I always go out on opening day and hunt until the season ends or I run out of tags (which has never happened). But I don't see a lot of guys out till later in the year. Around here it usually starts when the little muley bucks are available. I need to get a bow so I can start on Sept 1 like some of you guys on here. Also does the heat affect where you hunt. I know when it is hot I keep my hiking close to the road so that if I get something I can get it out quick. Does anyone else take that into consideration.

Avalanche123
09-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Sheep hunting starts Aug 1 and goat ends here Feb 28 if you so feel inclined...all GOS too. No way I can hunt it all.

When it is hot I do not hunt.

Wild one
09-07-2008, 08:45 AM
When ever I can most of the time around the 1 sept but if I can aug.

Nalidixic
09-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Usually I don't start until October because the weather is so darn hot. This year is alot cooler though so I'm planning on going out opening day
to see what I can find.

Nalid

358win
09-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Lot's of water sources here on the island. Scout before opening day & set up close to water when it's hot.

trapperdan2061
09-07-2008, 10:23 AM
I hunt year round trade the bow and gun in for a camera. This way you know where the critters are moving and what the population is like. You will also find new spots that may bring promis in the future.

BCRiverBoater
09-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Hunt when I have my vacation and trips planned. Varies on species and area.

hehe...I hunt when the animals are moving in that area historically.

hunter1947
09-07-2008, 12:09 PM
I hunt all season lond starting with the opening for deer on the island with a bow.

I hunt in hot conditions ,you just got to know where the animals are held up ehen it is hot out ,like cool dark timber..