PDA

View Full Version : Taxidermist Help?

gotmoose?
09-06-2008, 09:56 PM
I need a taxidermist who is good at what he does, but most impotantly I need a taxidermist who will not take off with my trophy or have his shop ransacked for shady reasons. I cannot go through loosing a trophy again. I would prefer a taxidermist on vancouver island or lower mainland but Iam willing to go else where if it means a good job and I will get my trophy back. This one is very important to me. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Mtnhunter
09-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Hello Gotmoose,
Don't let a bad experience with one Taxidermist dissuade you from getting your next trophy mounted!
There are several good Taxidermists on the Island and Lower Mainland! Be sure to look at their recent work as to quality and ask for a time when you can expect it back! Price should only be one part of the equation.
I'm in Campbell River and I believe I know who you're talking about and you are not alone!
Did you lose the rack, cape or both? You can always get replacement capes for most animals!

44inchStone
09-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Terry at Lagoon Taxidermy has been an outstanding taxidermist. I guess the old fart is like an aged bottle of wine.
He's done all of my Stones,Elk, Caribou,Moose,Mulies, Whities, well you get the idea. If I felt that he was sub standard I would not continue paying his monthly mortgage payments in my Taxidermy bills.:biggrin:

DropTines
09-07-2008, 12:30 AM
go to westcoast taxidermy in port alberni. my dad just got his buck back and it looks incredible. great guy to deal with
________
Volcano Vaporizers (http://www.vaporshop.com/volcano-vaporizer.html)

islandstalker
09-07-2008, 08:28 AM
theres a guy in courtney area i believe . cant remember the name but someone mentioned it on a post recently. grandlunds can give you his name and number.

Buckluck
09-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Gander's out in Surrey is probably the best around.

newhunterette
09-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Let us not forget that "Mainland Hunter" HBC member is a sponsor on HBC and also a very fine Taxidermist out here in the Fraser Valley.

300H&H
09-07-2008, 05:40 PM
If you are willing to wait up to a year, Harley White @ Kelowna Taxidermy does super work and has been around a long time.

Mr. Dean
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I can vouch for Ray (Mainlandhunter). He's done several jobs for me, and several more (that I've seen) for other members of HBC. His banner is down right now because he's working out some changes. Best to PM him for info or call directly.

He is a Sponser. Because of his banner being O/S, Here's his contact info:

Ray Weins Taxidermy (formerly Heads Above The Rest)
Aldergrove, BC

Other than him, the only other one that I could recommend is up in Monty Cr.

1/2 slam
09-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Frank Gilbert of Fur and Feathers in Surrey has done 20 or so mounts for me. I had a look at several others and was not happy with what I saw. A number of friends of mine have had him re mount Gander work.Gander does mediocer work.

Frank decided to enter a contest in Kamloops last year. It had been quite a few years since he had gone in one. His 13 year old son won the mens division and Frank cleaned up the masters division.

hunter1947
09-08-2008, 05:37 AM
Terry at lagoon has my vote.

Terry is one hell of a nice person and he has done all my head mounts ,he is one person that would never rip anyone off. # is 1-250-474-4824.

Hi studio is 10 min from down town Victoria.

tooty
09-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Eric Gander & Sons,at about 160th and Fraser hyw.Excelent work and been around for 30 or 40 years.

Wild Images
09-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Where do you live??