PDA

View Full Version : chillawack mountain

steelheadSABO
09-06-2008, 09:38 PM
hope to go up chillawack mountian next weekend for some black bear/deer
does any one hunt up there or have you seen any thing just wondering.This will be my first year hunting and i will go farther north later in the season if i dont see anything up chillawack.thanks

winchester284
09-06-2008, 10:07 PM
"Chillawack mountain" are you sure? It's residential you aren't even allowed to shoot an arrow there. :roll:

Nalidixic
09-06-2008, 10:25 PM
"Chillawack mountain" are you sure? It's residential you aren't even allowed to shoot an arrow there. :roll:

I think you are talking about two different mountains..

Nalid

BearSniper
09-06-2008, 10:33 PM
I'll help you out with a spot. :-D

Last fall I saw a lovely Mahogany Blackie cross the road and wander in to the bush south of the Chilliwack river highway. It was a good size too.

It was about 4 km shy of the end of the pavment [pavement ends by the campground].

There are Bears in the Slesse FSR as well. Hang around down by the creek in the spawning salmon season and you'll see a few bears.

Good Bears have been seen up Jones lake road as well.

They're out there. :)

BearSniper

betteroffishing
09-07-2008, 08:06 AM
but i ve heard bad things about the meat on salmon fed bear, tastes fishy, again not first hand knowledge, anyone back this up or refute it?? ive heard its a great spot for early season as most people overlook it and drive 2-3 hrs away to merrit/princeton/clearwater and the like. like a ghosttown .