PDA

View Full Version : Back cast

longwalk
09-05-2008, 06:28 PM
I Know there has been some animosity directed towards BC outdoors magazine on this site, but if anyone gets a chance to read Dave Steele's column at the back of the magazine it is worth the thirty seconds that it takes. He (Dave) takes a shot at the heart of a problem that is getting worse and worse. Pigs in the outdoors, garbage dumpers etc. People that we know probably are part of the problem. Perhaps members on this very site could stand accused of this very behavior. We need to police ourselves and be positive role models for all who use the outdoors for recreation and not be the "morons" as he refers to those that are slobs in the outdoors. Kudos to you Dave for putting your feelings down in a public forum.

Bow Walker
09-05-2008, 06:41 PM
I agree - wholeheartedly. Personally, I make it a standard thing to leave nothing behind but footprints. What is packed in is packed right back out.

Jelvis
09-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Every litter bit hurts--Jelly-

Avalanche123
09-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Sounds like a worthwile read. I'll have to check it out. Pack in what you pack out!

Phreddy
09-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Sounds like the gong show in our area on opening of bow hunting last Monday. I ended up putting out 3 campfires, one of them was in the middle of a bunch of grass and didn't even have the benefit of a ring of rocks to keep it contained.
Also packed a big orang leaf bag full of garbage out of the area I was in.
Whish I'd been there earlier in the day to ge lic. numbers of the vehicles in those sites as I'd have turned it over to the CO and the local fire marshall.

2slow
09-05-2008, 10:15 PM
I know dave from his tackle shop in north van. He is one of the best customer service orientated people I know. We definitely have to make sure we clean up after ourselves when we leave a site. It only takes a couple of minutes to leave it better than you found it.