Jelvis
09-04-2008, 09:03 PM
----deleted---------

Jelvis
09-04-2008, 09:31 PM
----------------------------

tikkat3
09-04-2008, 09:35 PM
I hunted marshall ridge not far from goldbridge n. of carpenter lake in 06 for 4 days in 4 pt muley season, and saw some decent bucks but were not able to get a shot at em. Tons of fresh moose poop and eaten up trees up there as well. Shot a bunch of grouse up there, really nice country I might go back that way next year.

huntcoop
09-04-2008, 09:36 PM
How does one understand all that jibber? :shock:

RBH
09-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Must have been hunting in the agricultural areas of Likely.;-)

Jelvis
09-04-2008, 10:04 PM
-------------------

Derp
09-04-2008, 11:00 PM
hey jarvis, been up around carbinder lake and downtown lake by gold bridge as the gf has a cabin up there and only saw one smaller buck and many a doe. But again, I was using the road huntin technique. I hear this time of the year they should be high up, so I'll be there this weekend hiking it up in the mountains looking for a decent 4 pt mule. Good luck to both of us!

BigBanger
09-04-2008, 11:06 PM
I hunted 3-32 last year . Lots of road hunters on the north side of the lake . Saw a moose and a few does . Im going to be spending some time up there this year , thanks jelly for starting this thread .

Jelvis
09-04-2008, 11:29 PM
------------------

Machinist
09-05-2008, 07:20 AM
Have hunted there several tomes , we camp at MOSONS POND , its on the road just above Carpenter , ( Tyax Road ) it's a decent place to camp and we have allays managed to fill our Muley tags.

hunter1947
09-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Very good advice you are giving out Jel ,keep it up with what you are doing ,your helping out lots of aged hunters as for youth hunter http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

BigBanger
09-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Have hunted there several tomes , we camp at MOSONS POND , its on the road just above Carpenter , ( Tyax Road ) it's a decent place to camp and we have allays managed to fill our Muley tags.

Ive done the Mosons pond thing too . An old timer at our club told us to go check it out . This year Im thinkin we are going to try to set up camp higher up away from the road hunters .

Brambles
09-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Clearwater is still better, better yet north end of Adams Lake

huntergirl270
09-05-2008, 10:25 AM
I was not getting this post until reading the whole thread... thought Jel was having a conversation with himself...lol!!! Multiple personalities anyone???
Great area... its where I had my first chance at a great buck but didn't shoot with hubby breathing down my neck I was too nervous.

BigBanger
09-05-2008, 10:30 AM
I was not getting this post until reading the whole thread... thought Jel was having a conversation with himself...lol!!! Multiple personalities anyone???
Great area... its where I had my first chance at a great buck but didn't shoot with hubby breathing down my neck I was too nervous.

LOL I tend to do the whole breathing down the neck thing too .

Gateholio
09-05-2008, 10:49 AM

Without a doubt.

I've hunted Carpenter Lake area many times, but Clearwater is WAAAY better.

horshur
09-05-2008, 12:45 PM

the joke is gettin kinda old...

I've shot 4 deer in the relay...spruce lake..Tyaughton area...all the first or second day of hunting....

this area is Classical Mule deer hunting at it's finest for British Columbia.

would hunt it more but it's a long drive and in Region three so shootin a buck there nulifys my hunting at home.

there is just so much good country that way. A life time could not hardly cover it.....

don a backpack or a packhorse or two and you could go missin for a summer or ten.

The dill dill is so vast you could not glass it in a week of trying.....

Fir ridgelines as far as you can see...

It trumps clearwater by a longggggg shot!!!

Th0r
09-05-2008, 01:04 PM
My uncle used to hunt regularly in the Liza lk area 70s and 80s. He always came home with some big mulies. He was a hiker though not a rd hunter. Has a secret cabin up there too (Gold claim). He never did show it to me. He is too old to make it up there now( 7hr hike). I hunted the Yalakom at age 14. Beautiful country. Have not been back but I have to get back there someday.

Jelvis
09-05-2008, 01:50 PM
-----------------------------

Brambles
09-05-2008, 02:23 PM

Its a classic Joke that keeps getting better with age:razz: Like a fine wine in fact.

The funny part is the amount of people who actually do go up there on an internet whim thinking its the mulie mecca:shock:

horse280
09-05-2008, 02:44 PM
If'n i wuzzant mizz takin;Imaybe have to be sayin that the slayin may be takin place somewhere else?this soundzz like'n a pozzibble hredd hherringg to lead the spoilt to the place of the lemmings,where a feller could have a hankerin to jump off the edge after missing 1 too many huuuge blue grouse and in the process scaring up possibly a book muley.....yeah they are there....beware the jabberwocky my man!:twisted:

horshur
09-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Its a classic Joke that keeps getting better with age:razz: Like a fine wine in fact.

The funny part is the amount of people who actually do go up there on an internet whim thinking its the mulie mecca:shock:

sir I hunted steady all of November and some of December and except for a couple guys walkin the roads and driving as per the norm I did not see many hunters...never seen any in years walkin and I don't walk so far either.....

Take the youth season.....nobody was on the road ahead of us..and after our hunt there had been no fresh tire tracks made...no bowhunters..no youth hunters...

If it is a Joke..it is on you!!!

There are assumptions and then there is reality....

Jelvis
09-05-2008, 03:14 PM
ooooooooooooooooooo

Brambles
09-05-2008, 03:28 PM
sir I hunted steady all of November and some of December and except for a couple guys walkin the roads and driving as per the norm I did not see many hunters...never seen any in years walkin and I don't walk so far either.....

Take the youth season.....nobody was on the road ahead of us..and after our hunt there had been no fresh tire tracks made...no bowhunters..no youth hunters...

If it is a Joke..it is on you!!!

There are assumptions and then there is reality....

You must be trying to follow in your Brothers Footsteps eh. Keep up the good work.

Jelvis
09-05-2008, 05:08 PM
ooooooooooooooooo

horshur
09-05-2008, 06:58 PM
You must be trying to follow in your Brothers Footsteps eh. Keep up the good work.

see I have no clue what you are trying to say....

Jelvis
09-05-2008, 07:25 PM
--------------------

quadrakid
09-05-2008, 07:44 PM
hunted above carpenter in dec for the migration a few years back,problem was there was no snow yet,even up high. nice country,need good legs ,steep. seems to me some folks onsite here need to order a French-English_Jelvish dictionary.

browningboy
09-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Very close to HC hunting territory.

Gateholio
09-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Clearwater is where all the big bucks come from. I've seen it myself.:p

srupp
09-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Hmmm Ive flown over the area in choppers and its BEAUTIFUL...and seen some wickedly BIG grizzlies up high BIG..boyz...and lots of exceptional deer..I stoopidly pulled the pin on a decent buck when I should have held out for a exceptional buck they STILL are there..

I also flew the area years ago when the flight crashed with biologists from Williams Lake who were studying cali sheep and all the M99 was on board the ill fated chopper..and the psychic and just how right she was ..and again unfortunatly how wrong she was also..and I of course spotted many cali rams..cuz that was what the missing chopper was up to...

Great area...

Steven

Gilmore
09-06-2008, 01:04 AM

I've shot 4 deer in the relay...spruce lake..Tyaughton area...all the first or second day of hunting....

this area is Classical Mule deer hunting at it's finest for British Columbia.

would hunt it more but it's a long drive and in Region three so shootin a buck there nulifys my hunting at home.

there is just so much good country that way. A life time could not hardly cover it.....

don a backpack or a packhorse or two and you could go missin for a summer or ten.

The dill dill is so vast you could not glass it in a week of trying.....

Fir ridgelines as far as you can see...

It trumps clearwater by a longggggg shot!!!

Never been to Clearwater but I'll give you a big "Amen brotha" to the rest of that post. You can ride for days and never see the same peak twice.

No game to speak of though.:wink:

Jelvis
09-06-2008, 12:29 PM
-----------------

BigBanger
09-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Fish lake is a nice place to stay as well . Road is crap in places but its worth the drive . Nice size fish for lunch anybody ?? Mudy lake is close by . Smaller fish and lots of bugs , Wind tends to keep them away though . Saw a nice 4+3 saturday night walking back to camp after the evening hunt and a small spike . I walked 30 km in upper 3-32 . I think the bucks are still up higher then 5000 feet . Cold up there last night (2) . Coming back to town we saw 3 bears on hurley fsr . Nice drive that you have to do early season before the heavy snow .

Jelvis
09-14-2008, 03:43 PM
---------------------

alpinetreker
09-14-2008, 07:31 PM
lot of meat bucks in those parts. ten years ten bucks for me. but you got to work hard for the big ones unless you want to run those roads in late november.

Big Bucks
09-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Jelvis do you head straight up from the lake into alpine?

Jelvis
09-15-2008, 01:05 PM
--------------------------

Jelvis
01-27-2009, 07:47 PM
---------------------

Ruger4
01-27-2009, 07:59 PM
2 record book goats off the same range , over there across that ridge , past those trees on the right , just this side of the rock pile !!!

Jelvis
01-27-2009, 08:04 PM
----------------------

Ruger4
01-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Well Jel , the goats were 6 years apart , but I know the mulie you are talking about !! I think he's still there , the same rock pile !!
OK serious for a minute , the nicest sheep I saw in this area was east on the bridge river , many many years ago , no joke big ass rams , big band of 'em , of course out of season. Pictures to prove .............. I know post 'em then , but there old 4x6 snapshots in an album somewhere , I'll see what I can do , may dig out the Goat pix too, some areas in that country, south of Carpenter , Hmmmmm , you have to be 1/2 goat to get to em, been there done that , not again , in that area anyways, but if your 1/2 goat and willing , send me a pm

ROB

Jelvis
05-28-2009, 05:37 PM
-------------------

frenchbar
05-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Wel jellyfish,working the lk booming logs fresh out of school in 80.Hunting with my freinds ,whackin some decent Muleys up there brings back some good memories.I rarely hunt it anymore ,its a far cry from the good ole days thats fer sure.

Jelvis
05-28-2009, 06:55 PM
----------------------

dino
05-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Jelly this is a buck from that area. Horsur is right lots of bucks but to get to the mature ones you have to hike where the horse packers wont because their usually to lazy to get off their horses to hike into some of the best spots. Ive done many summer scouting backpack trips from gun lake to tosh creek on the dil dil plateau to dash hill to eventually come out in hungry valley. you will be guaranteed a buck, very few mature ones and if your hiking in on foot think about the pack out before you shoot. I wish I did with this one. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/heydino/DCAM0009-1.jpg

Jelvis
05-28-2009, 10:36 PM
---------------------

wapitiwhacker
05-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Hey Jelvis, have had a cabin at Marshall Lake since 1984 and harvested many many nice mulies, the country is full of 'em. Pretty much anywhere on that southern exposed Carpenter Lake hillside and you cant go wrong. Starting to get more moose in our area the last chunk of years. Sheep up in the Shulaps. Lots of black bears and a few grizz. Wonderful area!!!

Chris

Jelvis
05-30-2009, 12:06 AM
-----------------------

wapitiwhacker
05-30-2009, 07:29 AM
We certainly have our "spots" and there are many of them. There are a few guys on the lake who have taken moose on LEH. I'm not a bear hunter myself but the numbers we see are crazy. And of course the Gold Bridge Pub!

dino
05-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Here is another carpenter buck. It was my first alpine buck at about the 7500 foot level. I never thought deer would be as high up as some goats are. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/heydino/IMG_0381.jpg

wapitiwhacker
05-30-2009, 07:36 AM
Nice, was that up Jim Creek

dino
05-30-2009, 08:29 AM
come on Ive given up enough info already

dino
05-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Maybe??????????????????

Jelvis
05-30-2009, 11:19 AM
-------------------------

MichelD
05-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Well I spent a week up there one October camping along the Mud Lake road near the Relay Creek turn off and hiked hours and hours every day. We never drove the truck after parking it and setting up the wall tent and never saw a deer, only a cougar following me, as hungry as I was.

I don't think we were high enough for the time of year and my buddy's gas gauge didn't work so he was scared to drive farther up to camp anywhere else.

I never went back except for a spring trout trip to Carol Lake.

dino
05-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Well I spent a week up there one October camping along the Mud Lake road near the Relay Creek turn off and hiked hours and hours every day. We never drove the truck after parking it and setting up the wall tent and never saw a deer, only a cougar following me, as hungry as I was.

I don't think we were high enough for the time of year and my buddy's gas gauge didn't work so he was scared to drive farther up to camp anywhere else.

I never went back except for a spring trout trip to Carol Lake.
my experience is that by october the deer have already started their migration even if its a late snowfall year. There are a few around but by then they have timbered up and only move at night.Far and few between and I still havent connected on one but when I do it will be a big one.But like I said earlier its just my opinion and I have never shot a great buck yet. I still have alot to learn.

Jelvis
06-01-2009, 05:58 PM
----------------------

frenchbar
06-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Yep .hwy 40 closed at Marshall crk ,if you want you can go up the marshall and up the mud crk and out through the tyax lodge i beleive.More than likely caused by careless campers ,it started at the Mowsons pond campsite i beleive.

ChrisL
06-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Yep .hwy 40 closed at Marshall crk ,if you want you can go up the marshall and up the mud crk and out through the tyax lodge i beleive.More than likely caused by careless campers ,it started at the Mowsons pond campsite i beleive.

I've got a place up there.

I just got off of the phone with a friend who lives there full time. The fire has pretty much burned down to Gun Creek now. They are running helicopters out of Plateau ponds, which if you know 'em are tiny little things. The fire is close enough to the ponds that there is only a 1 minute turn around time on the choppers. Probably drain them dry on this fire. They were running water bombers but have stopped due to lack of visibility. The winds are light but have shifted and are going right toward Gun Lake.

Hope all is well for all my friends up there. (And I hope my place doesn't burn down. :???:)

Chris.

frenchbar
06-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Hopefully your place is going to be ok chrisl,ive got a few freinds that live on gun crk rd and pray to god they dont lose their houses along with every body else,heres to hoping.

Jelvis
06-01-2009, 07:18 PM
--------------

wapitiwhacker
06-01-2009, 07:57 PM
My parents were heading to our cabin at Marshall Lake on Wednesday, not now of course. Trying to get hold of friends who pretty much live there full time, just need them to have their sat phone on. I'll post whatever I find out.

Chris

ChrisL
06-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm going to try and pick up a fire pump tomorrow and head up there and hose the place down, as long as they haven't evacuated the lake yet. I just watched some news footage on the Global BC web site. You can see my friend Mike's pictures on there. They are now pushing their sleds into the lake to keep 'em safe.

Chris.

Jelvis
06-01-2009, 08:24 PM
-------------------------------

Derp
06-02-2009, 11:22 AM
I have many friends living in the area and its sad to see what is happening. I think it's time for people to turn to God..

RiverBoatFantasy
06-02-2009, 01:17 PM
This situation has to do with carelessness, dry fuel, heat, and wind.

God can't help. Real action by real people is the only solution.

I have many friends living in the area and its sad to see what is happening. I think it's time for people to turn to God..

frenchbar
06-02-2009, 01:26 PM
This situation has to do with carelessness, dry fuel, heat, and wind.

God can't help. Real action by real people is the only solution.
Agreed .i was there the last time there was a fire that started in the same spot in 97 i beleive ,care less campers that left befor they put their fire out,top things off they had the fire built in an sawdust pile remaining from a bushmill.We were just about to all go do a evening fish when we spotted flames 80 ft in the air ,needless to say we had to vacate in short order.Some people will always have their heads up their asses,and totaly destroy peoples lives,with such stupidity:mad:

Gateholio
06-02-2009, 01:35 PM
I've also got several friends on Gun Lake...I haven't been able to get in touch with them, hope they are okay....

Jelvis
06-02-2009, 04:17 PM
--------------------

wapitiwhacker
06-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Word from Marshall Lake is a bit of ash falling but no smoke. Best of luck to all who have property in the hot zone!

mynameispete
06-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Forget Hunting there....
Someone was camping there a couple of days ago and lit the whole dam area on fire!!!! My buddy lives just up from carpenter lake at Tyax and has to leave his house...
He said the whole areas wipped

frenchbar
06-03-2009, 08:53 AM
A pic at Mowsons pond summer of 2008. Wont be the same for some timehttp://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x158/05muleycrazy/100_07165.jpg:(

BigfishCanada
06-04-2009, 10:29 AM
I own 3 lakefront cabins, and although I love camp fires, I have never seen the bush in my area so dry as it is this year.

It reminds me of a mid august day up there. Im incredibly worried, and I think they should do the fire ban in region 3 right away!

Jelvis
06-04-2009, 01:42 PM
----------------------

turbochabot
06-04-2009, 02:55 PM
www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/phph5K9f4PM.jpg

Photo from Mowson pond on Sunday.

Jelvis
06-04-2009, 05:27 PM
--------------------------

boxhitch
06-04-2009, 06:21 PM
If I recall, much of that area has been slated for prescribed burning for several years, just missing the political will to go ahead with it.
Many burn-plans will be revamped after this summer, I'm afraid.

wapitiwhacker
06-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Just got an email from one of our Marshall lake neighbors, they are now on evacuation alert as of this afternoon. He's going up tomorrow to get some valuables, as my parents are doing now.

frenchbar
06-05-2009, 07:07 PM
They say there is a chance of thunder and lightning here in Lillooet tonight, thats all we dont need right now is lightning strikes.

Jelvis
06-05-2009, 07:09 PM
-------------------

Remmy
06-05-2009, 07:26 PM
I can hardly wait to get the results from the LEH, I put in for Sheep and Goat in 3-32. Here is a photo (http://www.members.shaw.ca/hubcity11/hills.jpg)

Remmy
06-05-2009, 07:32 PM
And MORE (http://www.members.shaw.ca/hubcity11/another.jpg) for you to view, a good pack and a good set of boots is all you will need. That is Carpenter lake on the left.

frenchbar
06-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Ive been to that spot a few times ,it is an awesome view:smile:

Jelvis
06-05-2009, 08:05 PM
-------------------

frenchbar
06-05-2009, 08:09 PM
If the winds blowing up the B.R Valley like its blowing here in Lillooet at the moment things could get a lot worse tonight.

Jelvis
06-05-2009, 08:19 PM
----------------

Shulaps
06-05-2009, 11:33 PM
I am working the fire as a cat line locator. Not good!

These were just take a few hours ago.

Mowson pond

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh243/Shulaps/th_mowsonpond.jpg

Looking west to Goldbridge

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh243/Shulaps/th_Lookingatgb.jpg

Tayx River Valley

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh243/Shulaps/th_Tyax.jpg

Tax Dollars at work!! $12,000 ++ an hour.

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh243/Shulaps/th_Skycrane.jpg

Maxx
06-05-2009, 11:35 PM
is it in Taylor basin? Is it heading for the RElays?

Stresd
06-06-2009, 01:09 PM
is it in Taylor basin? Is it heading for the RElays?

Gov map with the Fire perimeter. It's more than doubled since this was taken

http://www.bcwildfire.ca/ftp/!Project/WildfireNews/642009~41523_K70216_06_03_map.pdf

Photo
http://www.bcwildfire.ca/ftp/!Project/WildfireNews/642009~70254_007.JPG
http://www.bcwildfire.ca/ftp/!Project/WildfireNews/642009~70201_006.JPG

Jelvis
06-06-2009, 02:44 PM
---------------------

yukon john
06-06-2009, 04:18 PM
All that winter range gone and won't be back for this winter, I don't know how those mule deer and moose will survive with 20+ kilometres of range gone. They will have to shift into another area for a year.
10-4 mother nature is one mean broad, it will even out though, a few years from now the range will be awesome!

Jelvis
06-06-2009, 05:23 PM
--------------------

rollingrock
06-06-2009, 07:36 PM
I think Taylor Basin is a little farther in. But if the fire can't be contained, Taylor Basin will be the next victim. I might be wrong.

wapitiwhacker
06-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Just talked to my Dad. They were ordered out at 8:30 last night. The equipment that was sent in to cut a 30m swath at the end of the lake was ordered right back out. They could see flame over the ridge across from Marshall. Any of you that know the area the fire was up to 94km. on the Mud Ck main.(3rd hand info) I feel sick to my stomach!

Jelvis
06-07-2009, 11:35 AM
ppppppppppppppppppp

Edward Teach
06-07-2009, 11:46 AM
A pic at Mowsons pond summer of 2008. Wont be the same for some timehttp://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x158/05muleycrazy/100_07165.jpg:(

Geez...for a minute there I thought that was MY pic!
I must've stood in the same spot the preceding year:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/Edward-Teach/MowsonPond.jpg

Edward Teach
06-07-2009, 02:29 PM
BTW I REALLY hope they catch the ******* who left his campfire still burning and f'd off!

frenchbar
06-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Geez...for a minute there I thought that was MY pic!
I must've stood in the same spot the preceding year:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/Edward-Teach/MowsonPond.jpg
ITcould well of been 07,by the look of it ,im losing my memory:confused: ive got a few pics of the same spot from yrs past. Your pic must be taken in july i think i took mine in late june.

Gateholio
06-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Talked to my friend at Gun Lake (it's his birthday) and he told me that the fire doesn't appear to be threatening Gun Lake. They did a pre burn yesterday which seems to have contained the fire on one side. ROute 40 to Lillooet remains closed.

Edward Teach
06-07-2009, 05:01 PM
ITcould well of been 07,by the look of it ,im losing my memory:confused: ive got a few pics of the same spot from yrs past. Your pic must be taken in july i think i took mine in late june.

Actually August long weekend in 07.

wapitiwhacker
06-08-2009, 03:17 PM
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh225/PG-Goldwing/marshall-fire.jpg

wapitiwhacker
06-08-2009, 03:35 PM
This pic was taken today ( I believe ) from the northwest. Shulaps range up to the left and over the ridges on the right will take you down to Carpenter Lake. Our cabin is at the bottom of that little knoll at the bottom left of the lake. We got an email from Forestry saying they cannot get any crew in there, so they will look at dumping fire ******ant from the air on the cabins, all of which are on the lakefront. Keep you posted.

Jelvis
06-08-2009, 04:20 PM
-------------------------

Stresd
06-08-2009, 05:14 PM
10:30 this morning is when these were taken above Marshal. Not pretty at all:(

http://www.bcwildfire.ca/ftp/!Project/WildfireNews/682009~33121_093.JPG

http://www.bcwildfire.ca/ftp/!Project/WildfireNews/682009~33058_090.JPG

http://www.bcwildfire.ca/ftp/!Project/WildfireNews/682009~33006_081.JPG

ChrisL
06-09-2009, 05:11 PM
I just got back from the cabin (gun lake) last night. I spent 5 days setting up pumps, sprinklers, clearing land, and watching the fire. There were a couple of tense days when the backfire on Person ridge "backfired".

I timed a bunch of trees, and it usually took about 5 seconds for a tree to "candle" and then burn out. There were crown fires even with winds as low as 10 kph.

I think the Gun Lake/Gold Bridge area will be OK, but it still depends on the wind. The guy running the show down there said the fire could easily grow by 4x. It could then come up around Tyaughton and potentially through Gun Creek and Gun Lake. Gun Lake has a huge fire break all the way down to road 40 now. Not much smoke there anymore and no flames visible in the day now.

The situation doesn't souns so good at Marshall. When I left they'd pulled out all of the heavy equipment due to the danger. As far as I know, no structures have yet been lost at Tyaughton.

I was sitting at a high lookout on Slim Creek Main, and could see a few perfect houses with beautiful green pastures on Gun Creek road. Pretty much right beside the burned out timber at Pearson Pond.

Some friends who live there full time have put up a photo gallery on www.gunlakebc.ca (http://www.gunlakebc.ca)

Chris.

wapitiwhacker
06-09-2009, 10:48 PM
There was some equipment back in there today and crews setting up sprinklers for cabins. My dad is going to the meeting tomorrow in Lillooet so more to come. No cabins touched as of yet!!

Edward Teach
06-10-2009, 05:46 PM
I wonder why they haven't brought in the Mars, with Carpenter Lake right there, it ought to be ideal. Or is there too much debris in the lake?

http://www.martinmars.com/images/large_images/93.jpg

ChrisL
06-10-2009, 08:57 PM
I wonder why they haven't brought in the Mars, with Carpenter Lake right there, it ought to be ideal. Or is there too much debris in the lake?

I asked one of the forestry people why they weren't using air tankers (actually they did a couple of times). The response was that they are available if they feel they need them, but they get more precision from helicopters. Sounded strange to me, but I last learned about fighting forest fire back at BCIT in the 80's.

But, there is a lot of crap in Carpenter right now. Water is very low.

Chris.

Jelvis
06-10-2009, 09:38 PM
-------------------

jkold
06-10-2009, 10:52 PM
If the winters aren't going to be cold enough to kill the pine beetles the fires will... Not the best way to go but... At least there haven't been any cabins lost to it.

Jelvis
06-11-2009, 08:31 PM
-----------------------

Jelvis
09-22-2009, 05:32 PM
-----------------------

rollingrock
09-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Jel, not too bad, pretty low, but many 'black' hills though. New growth is up already. When you go a little deeper, it's all fine. No road is shut down, as far as I know. Still lots of bucks. A 200 m texas heart shot bang flop makes you feel good too! ;-)

Jelvis
09-22-2009, 06:14 PM
---------------------

09-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Here is the map of the road closure in 3-32:

http://bcwildfire.ca/ftp/!Project/WildfireNews/922009~31022_K71219-001%20&%20K71185-001%20Restricted%20Area%20Map.pdf

Jelvis
09-23-2009, 04:12 PM
-----------------------

wapitiwhacker
09-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Hey Jelvis, Had a cabin at Marshall since 1984, and shot many o' deer up there! southern exposed ridges always good. Some of our best honey holes are black but still big country and all good country!! Off to Chetwynd Friday for elk!! Will be at Marshall for Thanksgiving weekend with my Dad and 11 year old son, 3 generations should be good!!

Chris

mnholt
09-23-2009, 10:01 PM
can we get some feed back as to what the restriction is about, the circle on the map encompass some prime country!

Thx,

Myles

09-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Straight from the source:
http://http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/news/

mnholt
09-23-2009, 10:18 PM
I was just reading that, I guess it means the government is making noise and as per usual unless they've got a barricade up there "restricted" means freshly graded.

Jelvis
09-03-2010, 01:10 PM
---------------------

Jelvis
11-05-2010, 08:47 PM
----------------------------

SimilkameenSlayer
11-05-2010, 08:52 PM
What's the latest on the greatest .. hunting spot in BC?

Clearwater is apparently quite slow.

:mrgreen: