PDA

View Full Version : buck is down

bcbound
09-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Please help I think I got this correct for my first deer hunt. First I shoot . Hopefully hit. If so gut it out . Take back to camp. deal with the rest from there. Thankyou

Dirty
09-04-2008, 09:00 PM
are you f'in kidding me ? Did you even pass the core?

Sitkaspruce
09-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Please help I think I got this correct for my first deer hunt. First I shoot . Hopefully hit. If so gut it out . Take back to camp. deal with the rest from there. Thankyou

Here we go again.....:tongue::shock::razz::smile:

This should be fun!!!!!!

SS

Shooter
09-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Pulls up a chair and grabs a beer for some pre season good times

bcbound
09-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Just looking or some advice. I have to be young and stupid before I can be old and wise.

Nalidixic
09-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Just looking or some advice. I have to be young and stupid before I can be old and wise.

And oh so stupid.. Please learn english.. :P :P

Nalid

EDIT: Post some real questions and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

slowkey
09-04-2008, 09:53 PM
well first you must drink the warm blood of your fresh kill to appease the hunting gods!!!!!

Barracuda
09-04-2008, 09:58 PM
I normally try to gut it first and then i shoot it,

Meh!! Each to thier own i guess :tongue:

Steeleco
09-04-2008, 09:59 PM
OK folks, lets give him the benefit of the doubt. We were all newbies at one time.

BCbound, please be a little more specific with your question. Your original question leaves something to be desired.

Kechika
09-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Nalidixic
09-04-2008, 10:01 PM
OK folks, lets give him the benefit of the doubt. We were all newbies at one time.

BCbound, please be a little more specific with your question. Your original question leaves something to be desired.

Meh, benefit of the doubt sucks.. I say we all have our IP addresses posted on each post so we can see each time someone starts a new account.. But, if he really is new, then it'd be great to help a newbie out.

Nalid

deerslayer2
09-04-2008, 10:04 PM
BCBound...Thanks for your post. Many people on this site will enjoy reading you questions... I sure did. This site is filled with a huge volume of great advice and you should check it all out often. Better yet, go hunting with someone who has been in the field and has experience you can witness first hand. Other than that, hopefully someone from this site who lives near you can take a weekend and show you the ropes. Good luck and SAFE HUNTING.

bsa30-06
09-04-2008, 10:07 PM

Dont forget to cut your tag.!!!!!!!:-P

bcbound
09-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Im a little lost on figuring out what i can leave behind in the bush . how much time I have before meat needs to be in a cooler, do I need to hang my game . I keep getting all sorts of differnent opinions about this. just want to know the basics for right now , I've got many years ahead of me yet

RBH
09-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Love the proof of sex bit! :twisted:

In answer to your question, you could do one or all of the following:
1) re-read the relevant sections of the CORE manual;
2) Google --how to dress a deer--. You will find tons of stuff, including written information and video (youtube).
3) try this (the first response off the google search):
http://www.gov.ns.ca/natr/wildlife/conserva/05-03-10.htm

Good Luck! You will be fine!

BCBear
09-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Site in your rifle before you go hunting

Nalidixic
09-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Love the proof of sex bit! :twisted:

In answer to your question, you could do one or all of the following:
1) re-read the relevant sections of the CORE manual;
2) Google --how to dress a deer--. You will find tons of stuff, including written information and video (youtube).
3) try this (the first response off the google search):
http://www.gov.ns.ca/natr/wildlife/conserva/05-03-10.htm

Good Luck! You will be fine!

Well said....

Nalid

rishu_pepper
09-04-2008, 10:17 PM

Meh!! Each to thier own i guess :tongue:

HAHA Kyle, always the kidder! :lol:

Seriously though, you should be fine. Perhaps some nice soul(s) from HBC will take you out and show you the ropes? That's how I learned too, and it is the best way to learn.

mud-dog27
09-04-2008, 10:20 PM
best advice is try to go with someone who knows what they are doing first hand is the best teaching tool and skinning it while its warm helps with hide removal and yea remember to clip your tag

bcbound
09-04-2008, 10:21 PM
thanks for the replies . looks like I got some homework ahead of me . Oh I gotta go , my dad just called and wants to borrow a metric crescent wrench .

Jelvis
09-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Get to know your rifle you're using first thing. Shoot it, carry it, aim it. Clean it. Shoot at targets at 25 yards while standing after you use a resr like a bench and sandbag to lay it on with your hand under the stock and the butt tight against your shoulder. Bang! Once you know where you hit and have confidence in your rifle and your shooting accuracy ability start learning about your quarry the deer or moose etc. Jelly-roll-Safety First always

rishu_pepper
09-04-2008, 10:38 PM
thanks for the replies . looks like I got some homework ahead of me . Oh I gotta go , my dad just called and wants to borrow a metric crescent wrench .

Too much details, my friend? :???:

6 K
09-04-2008, 10:42 PM
First this has to be the BEST signature EVER.

I have to be young and stupid before I can be old and wise.

Second, Proof of sex, :shock: !!!!!! I can't stop laughing.

O.k.
1) site in weapon, 2) kill anima,l 3) ensure it is dead, 4) Cut tag, 5) Open body cavity as described in CORE manual. Use Extreame caution not to puncture anything Green., 6) carefully remove (cut free) anything you do not want to eat., 7) Remove furry pajamas (The animals not yours') I prefer to do this by suspending animal from tree in camp, Others on the spot., 8 ) Clean to the point your wife would want to have the meat on her plate., 9) place into quality game bags and get to meat cutter A.S.A.P
Clear as mud? It is always best to find some one to teach first hand but I can relate to having to go it alone.
Good luck

6 K
09-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Um, have I been sucked in? Is this yappy yoodle dog again?

shoot to kill
09-04-2008, 10:58 PM
after you shoot it you have to have sex with it, kind of a mtn man ritual :eek:

happygilmore
09-04-2008, 11:07 PM
cmon' they Yappys like this make us harsh twards newbies!

- pop out the left eyeball and grip the horns!:shock:

BigBanger
09-04-2008, 11:11 PM
I think this has to be a joke .

winbuckhunter
09-04-2008, 11:40 PM

i almost fell outta my chair laughing... hahahaa.. BTW missed a beauty whitetail today from my treestand with my bow.. 5x4 when i get em ill post the pics

rishu_pepper
09-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Um, have I been sucked in? Is this yappy yoodle dog again?

This was the first thought that came to my mind. Is that being mean? :|:?:

The Dawg
09-05-2008, 01:27 AM
Oh how we've missed you Yappy :smile:

hunter1947
09-05-2008, 07:16 AM
I myself don't see anything wrong with his statement.

When I see a deer I make sure it has legal antlers if there is an antler restriction in place.

Then shoot it ,clean it ,then take it back to camp and deal with it.

Is this Young hunter missing something what he said ,or am I to hung over from last night not to understand what he is asking ??? :rolleyes:.

Spuddge
09-05-2008, 07:43 AM

Hmmmmmm???"metric crescent wrench" ??

BiG Boar
09-05-2008, 07:45 AM
You are now being exposed yappy! Anyone who has ever used a crecent wrench knows they are the adjustable type of wrench. Any dickweed who has ever steped foot in a garage knows there is no such thing as a metric crescent wrench. Now, I am going to go play the imperial march while drinking a metric pint.

10 cards = 1 deca-cards
10 dence = 1 deca-dence
10 millipedes = 1 centipede
2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilo-mockingbird
10 trillion bulls = 1 tera-bull (joke this is)
10 quadrillion coats = 1 peta-coat
1 billion questions = 1 giga-what
1 trillion dactyls = 1 tera-dactyl
1,000,000 phones = 1 mega-phone
1/100 mentals = 1 centi-mental
1/1000000 fish = 1 micro-fiche
1/1000000 scopes = 1 micro-scope
1/1000000000 goats = 1 nano-goat

Sorry for killing the fun. I really thought you guys would have figured this one out after 31 posts.

BiG Boar
09-05-2008, 07:48 AM
haha, i love 1947's responce:

Metric crescent wrench

I myself don't see anything wrong with his statement.

spuddge glad you beat me by 2 minutes! My post was taking forever to write.

BCBear
09-05-2008, 07:53 AM
http://www.techni-tool.com/static-products/cooper/CrescentWrenchesandSets.html

Looks like they do exist

Nalidixic
09-05-2008, 09:10 AM
http://www.techni-tool.com/static-products/cooper/CrescentWrenchesandSets.html

Looks like they do exist

Meh, must be a marketing ploy for the dumb arses out there that don't realize it doesn't make any difference.

Nalid

Ovis17
09-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Just finished reading this thread. 10 minutes of my life that I will unfortunately never get back...............

Barracuda
09-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Meh, must be a marketing ploy for the dumb arses out there that don't realize it doesn't make any difference.

Nalid

you do realize Cresent is a Brand name do you not ?
Much like Kleenex tissues etc

Tikka7mm
09-05-2008, 11:14 PM
.....stupid.

Gnarly
09-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Im wiping coffee off the monitor as I type here!
Outstanding

Elkhound
09-06-2008, 12:05 PM
nice job Mike....lmao

FlyingHigh
09-06-2008, 01:28 PM
shoot it?! dang, that's what i've been doing wrong. you're supposed to use a gun! here i've been trying to rope the darn things and stab 'em with my knife. ok, next time i go out i'm using a gun.

Originally Posted by Barracuda http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=324284#post324284)

Meh!! Each to thier own i guessyeah, i was trying it your way. i think shooting it will be easier. kind of tough to gut 'em when they're kicking all over the place. of course, i'm just a rookie. i have to graduate to your level i suppose.

Kechika...proof of sex...amazing. i think i have a new sig line!! you sir, are a genius.