PDA

View Full Version : Kids b-day hunt

Wild one
09-04-2008, 11:53 AM
My son is turning 5 tomorrow and he wants me to take him hunting but he can't really hike. I would like to bring him some were he can at least see some deer on short walks or dare I say it road hunts.I will be bow hunting so my hopes are not high. Some place around 3hrs from Abby as it will be a day hunt. I know I am asking a bit much but I do most of my hunts in places that are not good for kids.

PS my son says he does not see anuff deer in BC and wants to go back to Alberta

Lil Buck
09-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Go to Brookmere should see lots of deer .Night flight maybe even a good buck..goodluck

Steeleco
09-04-2008, 10:02 PM
If your in that area look for a white lifted Cherokee, we'll swap notes!!! Leaving Friday PM and not coming home till the kid scores his first Bambi, or till school starts again Monday LOL.

happygilmore
09-04-2008, 11:16 PM
I always went hunting on my b-day school or no school, good to see others with smrts.;)
My boys b-days are not in the season so I'll have to find another excuse to skip school and take them with. any ideas?

hillclimber
09-05-2008, 06:59 AM
i was in the brookmere area (thalia lake boss lake etc) 2 years ago in the summer and i was seeing sh!tloads of deer on the road. And i seen a couple different groups where the smallest deer was a 3 point but was still effin huge. But this is a 2 year old update so hopefully someone can give you a more updated update

happgilmore just tell whoever needs an excuse that you need to spend some quality time with your boys and you're going on a little "retreat"

Wild one
09-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Well I was gone before I seen any of these posts but I did take out the boy.We went to the other side of manning park.We seen 9 does and 1 buck he could only handle hunting for the morning so we left early. My bad luck is still haunting me I ripped off my atena and put a dent in my truck:sad: and went home with no deer. 2 bad trips in a row at least the boy had fun trying to see how close he could get to a doe. He said he had fun but it takes too long to get a deer:lol:and we need to shoot one faster next time.