PDA

View Full Version : Day 4 - A Brother Jack type of day...(sorry BJ)

rocksteady
09-04-2008, 11:51 AM
3 degress and no wind, clear, with no moon.

Went back to the saddle again in the dark..

Nothing seen or heard..

Not sure what has happened, but may have been several different scenarios:

Maybe the 2 herds merged and the lead cow from the big herd is now the boss lady and decided not to use the saddle this morning.

Maybe there were some other hunters in there after me yesterday, who ran the herd out of Dodge. I heard them about 2 kms south, bugling like crazy yesterday.....

Maybe after 2 days in a row of me pissing them off (alarm bark) they moved to a different area.

Maybe the huge brown phase black bear I saw in there last year is back. When he showed up last year, things got quiet and the elk changed travel routes...But this year I have a bear tag. He is in there feeding on the old overgrown abandoned orchard.

Did see some turkeys on the way out. 3 hens and about 10 chicks (2 different broods), not a beard in teh bunch:oops:

I think I may give my honey hole in 4-21 a break and try honey hole 4-5 in the morning or maybe 4-23...Hope I am not giving away too much info...

Staye tuned for tomorrows report....Late today, as the wife is home from holidays, so computer access is a little more difficult...

brotherjack
09-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Yay! I am not alone!!! hehehehehe..

This morning was day 4 for me - zero elk sightings so far this year. I think I might have heard one crunch in the bush in my general vicinity though.

brotherjack
09-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Just kidding - I hope you get one! (and soon!)

hunter1947
09-04-2008, 02:42 PM
3 degress and no wind, clear, with no moon.

Went back to the saddle again in the dark..

Nothing seen or heard..

Not sure what has happened, but may have been several different scenarios:

Maybe the 2 herds merged and the lead cow from the big herd is now the boss lady and decided not to use the saddle this morning.

Maybe there were some other hunters in there after me yesterday, who ran the herd out of Dodge. I heard them about 2 kms south, bugling like crazy yesterday.....

Maybe after 2 days in a row of me pissing them off (alarm bark) they moved to a different area.

Maybe the huge brown phase black bear I saw in there last year is back. When he showed up last year, things got quiet and the elk changed travel routes...But this year I have a bear tag. He is in there feeding on the old overgrown abandoned orchard.

Did see some turkeys on the way out. 3 hens and about 10 chicks (2 different broods), not a beard in teh bunch:oops:

I think I may give my honey hole in 4-21 a break and try honey hole 4-5 in the morning or maybe 4-23...Hope I am not giving away too much info...

Staye tuned for tomorrows report....Late today, as the wife is home from holidays, so computer access is a little more difficult...

Mike I sure am glad its not the area I hunt in that you saw nothing today.

Maybe there headed over to the area I hunt ,I wish ,LOL.

steepNdeep
09-05-2008, 08:12 AM

In my experience, you don't get many chances if you get BUSTED in an area... that's why I'm waiting for the rifle opener... :D