PDA

View Full Version : Back early

Wild one
09-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Well I ended my trip bowhunting in Lytton early do to some looser trying to break into my truck (chased him but could not catch him)and I broke my oil cap on my truck.I did see an o.k. amount of animals but I just had it after the bs. Animals seen:

2 Does 3 Bucks(No shot) 1 Grizz 1 Bull moose and lots of grouse.

I will try again soon but not in Lytton

newhunterette
09-04-2008, 09:03 AM
ya know I have heard alot about this lately - people getting broken into while hunting - seems easy pickins for some lowlifes to do this - makes me think more and more about boobie trapping my vehicle when left unattended or place my nice quiet blue heeler into the truck to surprise the intruder - she will tear their face off if then try and get into the truck

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sorry your trip was cut short Wild One - even low lifes live in the itty bitty communities :(

glad to hear you will head out again :)

Stone Sheep Steve
09-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Blunts aren't just for small game:wink:.

That's really crappy! I watched a couple of guys trying to steal my motorbike two weeks ago while I was scouting. Wish I was packing a bow or some pepper spray at the time.

SSS

Caveman
09-04-2008, 09:10 AM
A "Warning" shot usually will get their attention

Mik
09-04-2008, 09:13 AM
That sucks, ya know, when I was growin up one would never dare to even go near a vehicle in the bush for fear of something happening from the owner who just might be near by lookin' at ya.
Anyways, it too bad you had to cut the trip short. Good luck again.

stickbow
09-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Blunts aren't just for small game:wink:.

SSS
You got that right, SSS...... :twisted:

Steeleco
09-04-2008, 09:24 AM
I have been laughed at for turning on my alarm in the bush, let them laugh!!
Too bad this A-hole had to spoil your trip, better luck next time out.

Just how far in the bush do we need to go to get away from this crap?

Tarp Man
09-04-2008, 09:28 AM
I am leaving for my moose LEH in less than a month, and am already trying to think how I can prevent this. We will be way out there so if some POS vandalizes things it could put us in a tricky situation.

2slow
09-04-2008, 09:29 AM
I don't think we can ever get away from it.. In one of the areas i go I have been warned by the CO's to watch my gear because all the lowlifes from the closest town wait every year for hunting season to start so they can go "shopping"

huntwriter
09-04-2008, 09:33 AM
ya know I have heard alot about this lately - people getting broken into while hunting - seems easy pickins for some lowlifes to do this - makes me think more and more about boobie trapping my vehicle when left unattended or place my nice quiet blue heeler into the truck to surprise the intruder - she will tear their face off if then try and get into the truck

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sorry your trip was cut short Wild One - even low lifes live in the itty bitty communities :(

glad to hear you will head out again :)

That right there sounds like a very good idea Newhunterette.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Wild One.

srupp
09-04-2008, 09:51 AM
so Ali how you gonna boobie trap your vehicle..???Lol

david P

Wild one
09-04-2008, 10:08 AM
The worst part was my atv could not follow his dirt bike up the trail he took I am betting he new the area . As for using a blunt well I am not that good were I can ride and shoot at the same time but I wish I was.

newhunterette
09-04-2008, 12:09 PM
so Ali how you gonna boobie trap your vehicle..???Lol

david P

hmmmmmmmmmmmm I now what u were thinking Dave and thinking it under srupp's name - shame on you lol

try breaking into my suburban and u will know how I boobie trapped it in a real hurry:tongue:

Greenfields
09-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Every year, I have to say it......watch your truck/car/possesions up the Skagit valley, but now I have to worry about the rest of BC as well...Crappy

junior
09-04-2008, 12:26 PM
That sucks... I agree with the blunt idea... or maybe a judo point to the rear.

Avalanche123
09-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Hmmmm that so sucks. It appears this will only become worse before it gets better. Sounds like there is a need for "bait" vehicles in the bush now.....and why not?

Alpine Addict
09-04-2008, 02:58 PM
what part of lytton were you hunting? up the fraser valley, or the thompson?

bsa30-06
09-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Wild One, sorry to hear about your misfortune, glad you did find the animals you were lookin for.Like i said sometimes you can go to that area and have it all to your self, and come back the next week and there will be 30 trailers parked all over the place and all of them with quads ad dirt bikes.I wont even get into the other probem in that area it'll just get this thread locked.

eric
09-04-2008, 04:56 PM
I think everybody needs to have a look at their insurance, make sure your covered incase these POS do get your stuff, lots of $$$ invested.
Maybe next time ya catch em and make em :cry:
better luck next time

wolverine
09-04-2008, 04:58 PM
If we hunt together one of us stays at camp. We never leave the camp unattended. It's just too easy for some asshole to help himself to the gear. What a sad commentary on how society has turned out. Sorry for your troubles.

CooperSscat
09-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Wow Bull Moose near Lytton! Good luck next time out!

For willing truck invaders out there place a note on your drivers window stating "Look behind you. Can you see me? I can see you." And you can always set up your trail cam to watch your ride! hehe

A guy I know always goes by his adage 'severe beatings will be the cure.'

Jeremy

recoil
09-04-2008, 09:01 PM
My strategy has been to hide anything of value in the bush a couple hundred yards from where the truck is parked, and then leave the truck unlocked with an anti theft device on, at least that way i save the deductable from the thief prying open the doors. So far its worked, never has anything go missing yet, knock on wood.

Dirty
09-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Park in a puddle of water with 220 hooked up to it. Ahh if it were only that easy.

gone hunting
09-04-2008, 09:24 PM
I know of a couple of guys who lost their brand new truck while they slept in a motel, on their way to the Yukon, about a week ago. They were lucky enough to get it back, after it had been smashed in the woods and the leather seats slashed. It had a security system.
Today I picked up a "club" steering wheel lock and I'll be picking up a locking gas cap, before we head off on our moose hunt, later this month. I'm also going to put a bag full of moth balls under the hood to keep the pack rats out.

hunter1947
09-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Some people have all the nerve ,its to bad you did not catch this person.

As for your trip just throw in the towel and get ready for the next trip.

ElectricDyck
09-11-2008, 07:40 AM
I always worry about this when doing overnight hike ins. I turn on the alarm, put on a club, hide all valuables and have a secret ignition switch. I checked with icbc and all bolted on add ons I have are insured (with depreciation), but my labour is not. I did everything my self.
I pack my bear spray even when hiking in some more urban areas and people ask why? I call it people spray, ya never know when you might come a round the corner to a bunch of locals in your camp or vehicle.

BearSniper
09-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Ya it's pretty sad when you can't leave your car /truck alone in the bush.:frown:

The only thing I have tried to do is place a sign in the window reminding the thief that "I may be watching him through the scope of my hunting rifle".

So far so good. But who really knows ?

Th0r
09-11-2008, 08:21 AM
I hate this stuff. We wait all year, work hard to have just a few stress free days in the bush. But no, the stress is still in the back of the mind worrying about your stuff. Its like a broken record - "a few numnutz ruining it for everyone else". Why not punish the "idiots" and not all the people who are affected by those "idiots". I always thought it was simple but apparently not.

pinebushman
09-11-2008, 09:19 AM
I always leave my gun case open on the front seat just for these type of occasions. Let them know that the gun IS with you and chances are you are not to far away. Sorry to hear it.

44inchStone
09-11-2008, 12:39 PM
For those of you who own TRAIL CAMS. I never leave home without mine. There's nothing you can do when your hunting and some $*!& RAT wants to either ran sack your cam or break into your truck. Put your trail cam in an area where you'll get some good snap shots of the vehicle or person. You'd be surprised on how word travels about hidden trail cams. They may think twice.
Ya never know. If your parked on the road, the chances of getting a plate number or partial is pretty good.
Faces are always good. If this is a person who has more than likely done this a few times, he just may have his picture in a database.
I still think they would have to be pretty brave to be breaking into vehicles knowing damn well that the person who they are stealing from has either a loaded gun or Bow. That takes ba$#s!!:evil:

ElectricDyck
09-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Put your trail cam in an area where you'll get some good snap shots of the vehicle or person.

I thought of doing this too, the only crappy part is when you get back your stuff is still wrecked or gone :( and our justice system sucks.

4blade
09-11-2008, 06:05 PM
#1 catch loser breaking into vehicle #2take to area spotted last grizzly #3tie to tree and pour honey over privates problem solved .

In4TheHunt
09-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Hey man tough break. You can never get away from that.
I thought the bow case in the back would give them a HINT.

Had the same thing happen while I was swimming at lake near Mission.

It Sucks