PDA

View Full Version : Salmo Creston sheep

scembalf
09-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Took my son up for some more scouting spent 3 days up in the alpine got snowed on hailed and rain,saw a dandy mule buck heard the elk talking but only some ewes and little one going to the other side of the valley next weekend has anyone seen any rams.

Brambles
09-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Back the boat up there sonny, what did you say about the Mulie.8-) Details man, details. What is a dandy in your eye's?

As far as Rams, I think that will be a tough hunt for you guys, I'm not sure there is a legal ram in that band anymore, 3 rams got hit on the hwy not long ago and one of them was legal for sure. There is a chance that a legal ram will migrate up from the USA though. I usually watch them in the winter never bothered to try and find them in the Fall.

Good luck to you and your son.

Koot
09-04-2008, 02:00 PM
I heard all three were legal.Not sure though.I also heard that there are two heards that don't use the winter feeder.Possable but just hearsay around.If that is the case then there is a chance that there are more legal sheep around that don't come in to the feeder so not seen to often.Have you heard this? I heard that from Fonzy when I first heard you had a tag.
Anyway,good luck to you and Scott,great place to be hunting,
Koot

Trapper
09-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Oct. that will be the best time for the sheep,when my son had he's draw we went every weekend and seen lots of ewes but no rams not until oct. thats when my son got he's and a week later two more rams were taken.
good luck