PDA

View Full Version : vanderhoof area. moose

steelhead68
09-01-2008, 07:11 PM
:pHas anyone been around the vanderhoof area. I wonder how the moose are doing there? Any tik kill or anything.
We are heading up late september for 10 days south of vanderhoof. wish us luck..
:p

Also, i would love to get a wolf while im up there. Any ideas on the best way to get a wolf? can you call them, or by chance sighting? wonder which is the best way. thanks for the info...

ianwuzhere
09-01-2008, 09:21 PM
ive been seeing a fair amount of moose in 7-12, 7-13 lately, but no bulls??

Leaseman
09-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Hunted 7-11 for many, many moons.... fair amount of game there if you know where to look.....:shock:

Big7
09-03-2008, 07:21 AM
Always a steady population of moose and an even healthier population of hunters. Late september and into October, this area is CRAWLING with hunters from all over! Get off the beaten path and don't be afraid to walk.

As for the wolf...good luck! Very rarely seen but still out there. You can call them in but seem to be more active in the winter. However, there's always a chance of seeing them running down a road in the fall.

Have fun, good luck!

grizzly_taker
09-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Anywhere south of Vanderhoof/ Fraser Lake (7-12) has been good in the past, but just like Big7 mentioned, a ton of hunters crawling around. I used to log on the holy cross fsr, went for a drive last weekend and all my spots I liked were deactivated, not just the culvert pulled but a 3 foot hole dug across the road!! If you are heading up bring a mulie tag. Wolves will come in on a fawn in distress call.