PDA

View Full Version : Sign Up to enter the HBC Contest!!

Gateholio
09-01-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm seeing lots of youth and bow success stories, just a reminder to make sure you get your youth sign up to HBC by Sept 10 to enter the big game contest!

We didn't have much youth participation for the bear contest, I'd like to see that change!:-P

Gateholio
09-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Lots of Youth threads, sign them up quick!:-D

Gateholio
09-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Okay lurkers, friends and family of HBC members, last chance.

You have until 11:59 PM on Sept 10 to sign up to HBC if you want to enter the contest...After that, you have to wait for the spring bear contest!:smile:

Also, anybody that has a prize to donate (Doesn't need to be something big, just something useful) please contact me ASAP. I'd liek to finish the prize catagories soon.

Anybody can donate a prize, don't be shy!:smile:

Nalidixic
09-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Where do we sign up and do we have to be youth??

Nalid

Mini_Me
09-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Where do we sign up and do we have to be youth??

Nalid

I think its just to be a member of HBC and yeah you have to be 17 or under.

Gateholio
09-09-2008, 03:48 PM
You need to be signed up to HBC...So if you are posting, you are already signed up.

Youth is defined in the BC regs as 17 and under, I believe, so we will go with thier regulations...:-P

twanger
09-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Gate's how do you sign up the kid's from the same computer?

Gateholio
09-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Gate's how do you sign up the kid's from the same computer?

Use a different email address, nd it shouldn't be an issue.

Ambush
10-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Just a thought that may be logisticaly impossible to accomplish.
How about another category. A prize for HBC members choice. People vote for their favourite entry. Maybe not the biggest or most impressive, just one you realy like. Honour system, can't vote for yourself.
Maybe Grouse River would like to donate a gift certificate.

cndnmike
10-01-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm new here, and probably the last thing anyone needs to hear is my 2 cents on contest ideas (I haven't even made my first kill yet LOL) anyway I like StringFlings idea of a "member favorite vote", and would take it one step further by members scoring not just on animal harvested but on the story that goes with it - of course I'm sure a contest like that would garnish up a few interesting stories... or would those be called "tall tales" hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Anyway all I know is that since I stumbled upon this excellent website I haven't got a lick of work cleared off my desk at the office, and I seem to spend most of the day either reading everyones stories, looking at their photos or day dreaming about my next time out on a stalk - and I'M NOT COMPLAINING!!! - by offering up a "story related contest" I bet I get even less work done, and get in more great reading!

BiG Boar
12-31-2008, 12:42 PM
wrong place to post for me